Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2022, 06:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrece [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remember when everything they said about the best president in our life time was a lie, and they replaced him with the most destructive puppet in our life time
That's kind of an overflattering way to refer to Clinton just to indict Bush on the obvious. Partisan
Old 10-10-2022, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I heard Dodge is bringing back the Dakota. I hope they don't make it too big.

-Mcoy
Yeah, sport-compact trucks seem to be a thing of the past. Ford Rangers are the size of F-150s from the 90's.
Old 10-10-2022, 06:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay_Young_Thing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's kind of an overflattering way to refer to Clinton just to indict Bush on the obvious. Partisan
I'm talking about Trump and Biden, try to keep up
Old 10-10-2022, 06:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrece [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remember when everything they said about the best president in our life time was a lie, and they replaced him with the most destructive puppet in our life time
Wrong soup brain man win! Me want orange soup brain man win! Not ice cream soup man brain!
Old 10-10-2022, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm talking about Trump and Biden, try to keep up
Ohhhh yeah that's pretty insanely retarded to rank Biden worse than Afghanistan Iraq Patriot Act universal surveillance US government internet astroturfing etc. I will "keep up" by not treating you as other than a goldfish-brained retard again (really what I was doing was being condescending however)
Last edited by Gay_Young_Thing; 10-10-2022 at 06:36 PM..
Old 10-10-2022, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay_Young_Thing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh no he didn't mention crash safety.....centristdar beeping
Kind of a wash, I regard standards as having got "good enough" no later than 1997-1998. Since then it's been a lot of tail-chasing and diminishing returns, and the consequent destruction of interior design since interiors are now designed around the Hybrid III. I miss 5 MPH bumpers, never should've repealed that standard, feels like a modern car takes $5K damage if I look at it cross-eyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, sport-compact trucks seem to be a thing of the past. Ford Rangers are the size of F-150s from the 90's.
Somehow they convinced legions of city-slickers they need 9K GVWR trucks to pick up groceries and haul a few 2x4's. Even when those trucks sold, Detroit hated them like it always hated cheaper and less-profitable cars. Remember the first small truck Chevy sold back in the 70's? They called it the LUV specifically to try to discourage sales, same reason they gave the Chevette a corny name.

Danth
Old 10-10-2022, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Somehow they convinced legions of city-slickers they need 9K GVWR trucks to pick up groceries and haul a few 2x4's. Even when those trucks sold, Detroit hated them like it always hated cheaper and less-profitable cars. Remember the first small truck Chevy sold back in the 70's? They called it the LUV specifically to try to discourage sales, same reason they gave the Chevette a corny name.

Danth
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-10-2022, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kind of a wash, I regard standards as having got "good enough" no later than 1997-1998. Since then it's been a lot of tail-chasing and diminishing returns, and the consequent destruction of interior design since interiors are now designed around the Hybrid III. I miss 5 MPH bumpers, never should've repealed that standard, feels like a modern car takes $5K damage if I look at it cross-eyed.
i'm just trollan. I wish we had uncongested, much safer, optional roads and mass transit and fun cars myself
Old 10-10-2022, 07:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder how many of these Iphones with wheels will still function after 10-15 years, will it become standard practice to rip all the old factory smart-phone bullshit out and replace it with aftermarket products that still work.
My experience with early Priuses would indicate that you're onto something. Dead dash displays etc. Yuck!
Old 10-10-2022, 07:09 PM
Banned

I love my 21 Tacoma, which also was the ONLY mid-size pickup to offer a manual anymore, but mine is automatic

Despite being very good at driving manual (driven one for years), I was worn out with manuals because driving to and from work every day in stop and go traffic sucks when in a manual alternating between neutral and first gear the entire way. Also I tend to eat and do other stuff like changing songs on phone which is just more convenient with an automatic

Electric cars sound like toys, my ma’s Tesla takes like 30min to fully charge on trips which is a pain in the ass, doesn’t go as far as you’d think without needing a re-charge

Also don’t they have to use child labor in other countries to mine those lithium batteries?
Closed Thread