FFA pvp range 1-50 14 13.08%
FFA pvp range +-8 18 16.82%
FFA pvp range +-8 raid zones range 1-50 26 24.30%
Team based +-8 49 45.79%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Banned

wehrmacht, you honestly think half elves would have a fighting chance? i honestly see zero hope for them if they can only start in gfay and qeynos/freeport i guess they can start in too, altho ive never played one so im not sure on the human cities for them.

not here to shoot down what you're saying, I just don't think anybody would be able to survive as a half elf, you think so?

and yea, i forgot human could be sk... prob cause nobody in their right mind would ever play one, but ur right human can play sk

i still like my setup the best (even tho i am against team server, i prefer FFA 100%) just giving my input on a team setup since I have nothing else to do right now lol. only problem with my setup is how bluebie it would be at the beginning, with nobody to pvp until you leave the continent
Old 04-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

FFA is the way to go, otherwise you're scared of competition! Sandbox style pals
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Immortal healers are a huge problem on a one boxxing server. <<<<sarcsm
Team based stuff can be abused pretty bad, right? More coding work for the devs, it does sound cool though, if it can be done legit.
I like VZTZ system, it worked, but it should be 10 levels. +- 10 levels. and all levels in raid zones.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the server should go with teams. This isn't really my preference, but I think it's just better for the longevity of the server

Most the people wanting FFA even agree teams would have more longevity. Don't think I saw one person try to debunk the first page analysis. I like to be able to attack anyone I see, but I'm not stupid enough to vote for an option that is going to cause the server population to be half or less of what it could be. I could easily imagine P1999 red getting an even higher population than regular P1999 if it went teams.

EQ PvE is group based. With only 1 IP allowed per player and slow leveling, going FFA is suicide for population. Imagine being a new player to server not in a guild playing some stupid class like a dwarf rogue. You're completely unable to solo, you look around and there's nothing but a couple 30-40 man uber guilds, anybody you try to group with kills you. There goes the server population.

Is there anyone that actually disagrees with the shadowrest stuff from the first page plus all the other things? The only thing I see in dispute is FFA vs Teams. I tried to list everything that would keep server population high as possible and keep GM involvement as low as possible. Don't really even need server rules at all with that setup which will be a nice change from TZVZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not here to shoot down what you're saying, I just don't think anybody would be able to survive as a half elf, you think so?
They won't be any worse off than the enormous freeport area battles that will ensue. That's the whole point of the server, you have to kill off the other people to take zone control. Heresy won't have less people to fight, you will be fighting off MORE people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(ie, being the slightest bit evil (belonging to an evil race, class, or religion) puts you on the evil team).
You can't use that methodology because there aren't enough evil races and no evils with access to druid, paladin, and ranger either. The absolute closest you can do for a semi-believable roleplay setup and still give each team every class is the following setup:

Dark Elf Alliance (evil)

Dark Elf
Troll
Iksar
Ogre
Half Elf
Erudite

Human Alliance (good)

Human
Dwarf
Gnome
Halfling
High Elf
Barbarian
Wood Elf
Last edited by wehrmacht; 04-06-2011 at 10:39 AM..
Old 04-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Orc

good VS evil 1-50
Old 04-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

trying to level at level 10, lvl 50 comes up and kills me, how is not wanting to deal with that being a pussy? All the wolves wanna play here i get it, but when all the sheep quit itll be pretty boring.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribanox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
trying to level at level 10, lvl 50 comes up and kills me, how is not wanting to deal with that being a pussy? All the wolves wanna play here i get it, but when all the sheep quit itll be pretty boring.
Pussy.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Kobold

Mippo has valid points, but then again, like he has asked us MANY times. There is no proof that his whole teams concept would retain any larger player base than a FFA server.

Personally if you don't have the ability to kill someone in your level range, its not pvp. So basically Mippo wants instanced pvp with a side of blue. No thanks
Old 04-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried to list everything that would keep server population high as possible and keep GM involvement as low as possible. Don't really even need server rules at all with that setup which will be a nice change from TZVZ. ...
This is basically what I was going for. I guess I didn't read the rest of the thread very well and misunderstood what people were arguing about.

Quote:
You can't use that methodology because there aren't enough evil races and no evils with access to druid, paladin, and ranger either. The absolute closest you can do for a semi-believable roleplay setup and still give each team every class is the following setup
You forgot Bards, but still I don't think it's that uneven. I don't think each team should get every class - that's the point. There should be incentives to join certain teams, like wanting to be a necro and solo easily (or being an ogre SK/warrior and having the most stamina), forcing you to be evil. Also I could be wrong, but I think dark elves are already one of the most popular races, so there are strong non-strategic incentives to go evil already. In addition to that, there would probably be people who'd just prefer the challenge of going evil if it handicapped them a bit. I don't believe it would be as bad as you say.

Lastly:

Quote:
I could easily imagine P1999 red getting an even higher population than regular P1999 if it went teams.
Let's not kid ourselves. Surely a red P99 would have a consistently high population (in the hundreds, minimum) but pvp has always been less popular than pve.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 04-06-2011, 11:06 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mippo has valid points, but then again
You would need borderline down syndrome to think I'm mippo. I was already level 50 and I think in serverwide top 10 kills before Mippo even started playing. Then after Mippo did start to play, Salty guild invited him and we were in the same guild, online at the same time for like 2 weeks straight. Mippo is also from VZ, I'm from SZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no proof that his whole teams concept would retain any larger player base than a FFA server.
Yea dude, there is so little evidence that you're the first person to try and make that claim in the entire thread so far. Most the people that want FFA even agree teams population would be higher. I don't recognize your name at all so lemme guess, you're another Heresy member that plans to start day 1 with a guild of 40 people and don't care about the long term health of the server, just your own guild?

Quote:
I don't think each team should get every class - that's the point. There should be incentives to join certain teams
If you look on the first page, I already listed two team setups, one with race wars and one with good and evil by diety. The diety based one is more realistic from a roleplay perspective but less balanced. I would go with the one divided up by races.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread