Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2021, 03:40 AM
Aviak

Default Coming back to p99 after many years.

Hi,

It's been a long time..

Wanted to know if I started on green server, would I still be able to group with low levelers or is everyone max already and those low level zones are empty?

Thanks.
Old 11-07-2021, 03:55 AM
Planar Protector

lots of people to level with all gear types

Welcome Back

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 11-07-2021, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Largely empty until you get to the hole 50+, pick up group scene in low to mid levels is mostly dead on both servers.
Old 11-08-2021, 06:31 PM
Banned

Wink

me liveS in GuK!!
C u SoOn!!!
Old 11-09-2021, 10:31 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Largely empty until you get to the hole 50+, pick up group scene in low to mid levels is mostly dead on both servers.
Crushbone has been rocking lately; multiple groups in zone and I was in a full group at the wall for hours with a waiting list. There was also a full group on Orc Hill believe it or not.
Old 11-15-2021, 10:50 PM
Aviak

Something I encountered as well, just logged in again but most newbie zones are empty.

When are we getting a green reset? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-15-2021, 11:04 PM
Fire Giant

Leveling was dead even in classic era. People just flock to the ZEM zones and you get power leveled even if you don't want it. It's why I quit playing after hitting 50 in the frenzy over getting legacy items and then started an alt. Once I got to 20s and 30s which is my most enjoyable grouping range every single time I logged in every zone was empty except the ZEM zone and in the ZEM zone the camps were all taken and the groups if you got in them always had someone outside the group buffing, pulling mobs, etc. Isn't that great? No, not really. Devs remain silent on why they encourage this kind of ridiculous leveling tread mill and trivialization of the leveling part of the game by having non-classic hot spots, broken channeling success rate, etc and so everyone stacks up at max level in short order completely out of alignment with any kind of classic consideration of leveling curve matching expansion timeline like Verant did when they looked at how fast people were progressing and how they were getting ahead of the designed curve and nerfed anything that allowed that.

P99 is collapsing into a raiding singularity where the entire game can be summed up as charmed pets, recharging items, power leveling guild groups, hot spot zones, and raid rules. It's pretty stagnant for a long time now. Green rather than being a refreshing new start was actually just a more spectacular display of how bad the problem has gotten and that the staff rather than resisting this stale meta encourages it instead.

I hadn't played TAKP yet and was just looking at their forums and this is one of the most recent posts:

https://www.takproject.net/forums/in...1-years.20309/

Quote:

I'm about as close to completely done with EQ as I've ever been. When I've taken a break before, it was always with the understanding that I would be back; however, as much as I love the TAKP era and the (very) few people I know that are left, TAKP has chased me away.

When i first started on here years ago, the server was not as established. I remember going to do things just for the fun of it; ToFS run? Sure! Kaesora? Why not!?! I mean, there were a handful of us that would explore just for the exploration sake of the game.

Lately, in the last 1-1/2 years, it seems to have degenerated into the realm of pure raiding. Maybe it's always been like that and I'm the last of that group from 3-1/2 to 4 years ago that enjoyed ALL aspects of the game. But the entire focus I see now is raid, raid, raid. If people aren't raiding, they're working on AAs for raiding.

My friends list is filled with names that I haven't seen in years. The last one that has been on this year is somebody I haven't seen in months.

I know I'm burned out, because I'm not having fun. Every time I LFG, I don't find a group, regardless of level or class. Has TAKP become like live or p99, with everybody focused one aspect of the game? Or maybe, I just haven't been on when everyone else is on and looking to have "fun" rather than squeeze the last ounce of raid time or raid preparation out their time...
It seems like it's endemic for EQ and all MMOs these days. Everything is catered to the raid audience while ignoring the other large segments of players who really don't like raiding at all.

I guess to actually answer your question, yes, you will find someone to level with if you follow the ZEM treadmill zones and their power leveling friends will be there to "help" you. You'll be ready to raid, by which I mean AFK for long periods of time adding nothing of value because there are a dozen other people there who can replace you easily, in a few days.
Last edited by azxten; 11-15-2021 at 11:12 PM..
Old 11-16-2021, 01:09 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Leveling was dead even in classic era. People just flock to the ZEM zones and you get power leveled even if you don't want it. It's why I quit playing after hitting 50 in the frenzy over getting legacy items and then started an alt. Once I got to 20s and 30s which is my most enjoyable grouping range every single time I logged in every zone was empty except the ZEM zone and in the ZEM zone the camps were all taken and the groups if you got in them always had someone outside the group buffing, pulling mobs, etc. Isn't that great? No, not really. Devs remain silent on why they encourage this kind of ridiculous leveling tread mill and trivialization of the leveling part of the game by having non-classic hot spots, broken channeling success rate, etc and so everyone stacks up at max level in short order completely out of alignment with any kind of classic consideration of leveling curve matching expansion timeline like Verant did when they looked at how fast people were progressing and how they were getting ahead of the designed curve and nerfed anything that allowed that.

P99 is collapsing into a raiding singularity where the entire game can be summed up as charmed pets, recharging items, power leveling guild groups, hot spot zones, and raid rules. It's pretty stagnant for a long time now. Green rather than being a refreshing new start was actually just a more spectacular display of how bad the problem has gotten and that the staff rather than resisting this stale meta encourages it instead.

I hadn't played TAKP yet and was just looking at their forums and this is one of the most recent posts:

https://www.takproject.net/forums/in...1-years.20309/

It seems like it's endemic for EQ and all MMOs these days. Everything is catered to the raid audience while ignoring the other large segments of players who really don't like raiding at all.

I guess to actually answer your question, yes, you will find someone to level with if you follow the ZEM treadmill zones and their power leveling friends will be there to "help" you. You'll be ready to raid, by which I mean AFK for long periods of time adding nothing of value because there are a dozen other people there who can replace you easily, in a few days.

Thanks for the detailed reply, got me thinking now..
Old 11-16-2021, 10:31 AM
Banned

i saw lots of newbies tho mostly ppl are doing there own thing i'm sure u can rustle up grps still or ppl will stop and help you
Old 11-16-2021, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome back!

Don't let these naysayers sway you. You will be able to find people to group with at any level, what you may need to do is get a feel for the locations and the peak hours, but otherwise won't have issues.

If you're level 15, it may serve to try /who all 12 18, to try and find folks in your level range, or the zones they are playing in.
Closed Thread