Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 05-29-2023, 08:23 AM
Orc

Default a few camp stealers.. Double xp weekend sucks sometimes

Brightin / Thraal / Savasan all from Safe Space just moved into Frenzy camp in Velks.

didn't have the energy to fight them for the camp or not sure what reporting does so figured publicly exposing them is good enough.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (23.0 KB, 97 views)
Old 05-29-2023, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Picture doesnt show anything and theres no dialogue between you and them

Did you leave the zone for any reason? Gate outside, die or relog etc?
Old 05-29-2023, 10:15 AM
Orc

I was sitting in wolf form, and they moved in and started killing... lol I do this camp way too often and folks have only moved in like this once before and they quickly moved on once I spoke up.

Savasan knew he/she was in the wrong and just being inconsiderate which is not the norm for this server.
Old 05-29-2023, 10:55 AM
Aviak

Charm their mobs when the mob is at 5%, break charm, get exp, send tell thanking them for helping you with your camp. Flip a coin to see if you get suspended or they leave.

Semi-seriously elf law for camps rather arcane. Best to politely engage the other party right away with a message that you are holding said camp. From there it is best to contact an elf lawyer for advice if they do not back down. Or be the bigger elf and offer to group with them at the camp.
Old 05-29-2023, 11:48 AM
Orc

oh If I had the energy I would have engaged with them and had some fun lol.

I just left them to it. I didn't need any xp, they had a 60 enchanter helping them speed up the xp so even with the attitude I figured they could have the camp.

If they had just asked how much longer I would be around or if they could kill the trash mobs I would have let them have it. Most people that engage with me at that camp usually get the camp sooner than later or I go out of my way to make sure they get duplicate lore items.
Old 05-29-2023, 01:17 PM
Banned

I'm still not really clear on what happened. Did you talk to them at all? Like, did you say some version of "hey I'm camping this" and then they said "lol don't care"?

You said "Savasan knew he/she was in the wrong". How do you know that?

I'm skeptical because you're like oh I didn't have the energy to fight them but you did have the energy to make a whole thread about the incident?
Old 05-29-2023, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

So no logs, you didn’t call a guide and all you provide is a screenshot. If I understand you correctly you didn’t even point out it was your camp.

I’ve played with at least Bright in the past and I doubt that player would participate in camp stealing.

”Oh I had no energy to engage with them, lets just shitpost on the forums about it”.

Not making a good case for yourself.
Old 05-29-2023, 03:04 PM
Kobold

Maybe it was you who stole their camp? I can attest that all three, Savasan, Thrall and Bright are very good and reasonable people who don't engage in stuff like this.
Old 05-29-2023, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

Were you by any chance doing that annoying thing enchanters often do there where you claim the nameds on all three levels at once?

Also, why is wolf form the only buff ya got up?
Old 05-30-2023, 12:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So no logs, you didn’t call a guide and all you provide is a screenshot. If I understand you correctly you didn’t even point out it was your camp.

I’ve played with at least Bright in the past and I doubt that player would participate in camp stealing.

”Oh I had no energy to engage with them, lets just shitpost on the forums about it”.

Not making a good case for yourself.
I've been playing P99 since 2012. I only enabled logs like 3 months ago. Never thought it was necessary. Only recently when I started running into petulant people like yourself did I think "I should probably turn them on".. And even then: being a simple plaintext document they prove absolutely nothing, and had he provided them you likely would have just suggested he modified them.

Furthermore-- even if he had petitioned a guide? It is a holiday weekend I guarantee nothing would have happened. In fact you don't KNOW he never petitioned a guide. He may very well have, and it may have happened that only upon conceding his rightful camp due to a lack of enforcement, he decided to take to the forums and get justice in his own way.

Frankly the only time I have ever noticed them answering petitions against other players behaving in a pnp-breaking manne, is when you make it clear they're behaving suspiciously like 1 person controlling multiple characters. Ive petitioned at least a dozen times over stolen camps in the last year. Care to guess how many times there has actually been a resolution in a time frame that actually meant something? if you guessed 0 you're right. But every time I have mentioned "they definitely appear to be only taking complex actions/making complex movements 1 at a time" the GM's usually show up within minutes.

As an aside: the fact that you've played with a person mentioned above means absolutely fugg-all. In fact it alludes to the idea that you two have a friendly relationship and thus have an interest in defending them-- and as such have a bias against someone who would speak ill of them.

Check this out though, smartguy-- people are not ALWAYS on their best or worst behavior. Even if every time you've ever seen him, the two of you have had a trouble free experience? Doesn't mean he's incapable of acting shady when someone else is standing in the way of what he wants. So you should just check that lame ass argument at the door because it might just be the most worthless thing I've ever heard anyone say.
Last edited by Xer0; 05-30-2023 at 12:44 AM..