Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-18-2023, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

A dead one box server is the worst server to play on. I stand that you will only sustain long-term pop. on a 2 box pvp server, because you will never keep enough players actively dependent on eachother on a pvp server.
Old 04-18-2023, 09:07 PM
Kobold

Playing on red is a lot of fun. I haven't touched green or blue in weeks....

Green/blue bores me because the end game is mostly just raiding. And i'm sorry, but raiding is the most boring thing ever. Zerging a mob with 40+ toons hardly requires any sort of skill

So does 6-person groups, that stuff is mind numbingly dumb. But they're great servers if you're more of a grouping type of person / just plain want to socialize with your buddies.

Red is more fun for solo-oriented people, or people who prefer small groups (duos/trios). Better for people who prefer challenges. And there is actually a point to end game raiding on red (I never understood the point of players getting all these gear upgrades on green/blue, putting hours into dkp, and for what? So you can show up to the raid looking cooler - pfft - and still press the same hotkeys as you would naked? At least with red end game you can use that gear to pvp other players.

Pvp has more end game potential and more interesting challenges for a player who doesn't like brain-dead activity ad nauseam. But that's just my two cents
Old 04-19-2023, 07:49 AM
Planar Protector

The danger of PvP makes the game far more interesting and more alive.

If NPC's in PvE were smarter, then it wouldn't be much different. A monster that wants to kill you shouldn't sit there staring at you just because it's slightly outside your aggro bubble. It shouldn't hit a tank just because they have "aggro", it should intuitively know to attack casters instead, unless snared or unless the casters have too many protection spells on them stopping damage.
Old 04-19-2023, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Playing on red is a lot of fun. I haven't touched green or blue in weeks....

Green/blue bores me because the end game is mostly just raiding. And i'm sorry, but raiding is the most boring thing ever. Zerging a mob with 40+ toons hardly requires any sort of skill

So does 6-person groups, that stuff is mind numbingly dumb. But they're great servers if you're more of a grouping type of person / just plain want to socialize with your buddies.

Red is more fun for solo-oriented people, or people who prefer small groups (duos/trios). Better for people who prefer challenges. And there is actually a point to end game raiding on red (I never understood the point of players getting all these gear upgrades on green/blue, putting hours into dkp, and for what? So you can show up to the raid looking cooler - pfft - and still press the same hotkeys as you would naked? At least with red end game you can use that gear to pvp other players.

Pvp has more end game potential and more interesting challenges for a player who doesn't like brain-dead activity ad nauseam. But that's just my two cents
I mostly soloed to 60 on my Druid on green, had fun because Everquest is a good game. People like acquiring pixels, new spells, and plat. This isn’t news. Red99 is a barren wasteland with I would assume the top heavy majority are all in the same guild raiding content and not pvping each other. I agree that pvp is more challenging, but I also missed a lot of content over the years playing pvp servers since it’s all min max play style and zones. Especially if you wanted to be competitive you were in a top guild which meant lots of raid and xp group and PL commitments outside of the time spent fucking up randoms in dungeons and whatnot. Most classes can’t even effectively solo pvp in most environmentsZ so if your a melee your probably missing out on 75% of outdoor content/exploration.

This is all assuming your on a active pvp environment. On red you can play like it’s green except in the high traffic zones, and a dead market. And less group zone opportunities. And zero chance to level a melee without begging(if your new).
Old 04-19-2023, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The danger of PvP makes the game far more interesting and more alive.

If NPC's in PvE were smarter, then it wouldn't be much different. A monster that wants to kill you shouldn't sit there staring at you just because it's slightly outside your aggro bubble. It shouldn't hit a tank just because they have "aggro", it should intuitively know to attack casters instead, unless snared or unless the casters have too many protection spells on them stopping damage.
I'd play the heck out of a P99 server with AI upgrades.
Old 04-29-2023, 05:54 PM
Large Rat

It would be so much better if there were no one on it. Unfortunately, there's a small population of drug induced mental illness that does play on red. And they travel far and wide for the 0.05% chance that they might ruin your ssf play experience.
Old 04-29-2023, 06:11 PM
Kobold

there are a few players who do like to search and destroy, but the vast majority of players are not in it to ruin someone else' experience. as a new player there i got a lot of help from other people, to the point where i'm geared almost as if i had a high end toon there all along helping out.

pvp isn't for everyone but to me it makes the environment much more dynamic. Otherwise, with limited content up to velious, the green/blue game gets stale quickly and it's the same engagements over and over, whether it's raiding or particular camps. With pvp, you're fighting not only mobs but also any hostile intruders (most I've found want to group than pvp). I enjoy keeping an eye out, not knowing what could happen next.

Bottom line is, it's much more fun when you have other humans to contest with rather than some NPC. And the added complexity to raids or camps from contesting them with other players requires more thinking, preparation, and skills. When you get great gear from those camps, you really feel like you're making your toon more viable and the benefits are more appreciable since you can utilize them in fighting other toons rather than the same old mobs.

Try red out! (Just don't give up early because the newbie levels are where you are more likely to run into people who want to just jump you)
Old 04-29-2023, 08:32 PM
Sarnak

It's more fun to be SSF on green and hunt down other red-flagged people to kill them.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 06-07-2023, 10:19 PM
Kobold

I just started my red flagged SSF character on Green. I would have done it on Red, except the extra xp would have felt a bit like cheating, and I would have to have put up with the occasionally toxic server wide OOC. We'll see how this works out.

When I've created characters on Red, it was because I wanted the PK environment.
Old 06-07-2023, 11:13 PM
Sarnak

"Oh no the scary PVPers might say a bad word in chat"
Glad I dont have to play with these snowflakes.

The unwashed masses and useless eaters cant handle PVP.

Its lonely on the top, pat yourself on the back if you're a real pro gamer, who plays on a PVP server like the devs intended.