Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-17-2023, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was the point of green for people to be "at the top"?
No not at all, I'm 100% anti being level 60 in this game, because I play it for fun. Killing a dragon sometimes is fun but to rush to get to the point where all you kill is dragons is not my idea of fun.

However, Green is not an old server by any means and there are a lot of people still progressing and those that are raiders are currently doing so and competing for dragons vigorously. The server isn't stagnant or dead. Sure it isn't brand new, but it isn't total pixel rot status.

A new red server (sorry OP) is legitimately called for at this time. It will enjoy vigorous population for a time and then dwindle. It is my hope that with a different ruleset it can maintain a greater terminal population than the first red server which has a custom ruleset that has proved to overlook some areas.

A new blue server is a no brainer, but both the existing blue servers are going strong right now, it makes sense to let them be.

Now, more important than anything to me (even more important than PVP) is a different implementation of "legacy" items and possibly time locked level caps that prevent the drag-race gen Z style of play that makes a new server go stale so fast. I would like to remove the incentive to blast through all levels immediately and to get to manastone camp. It's just a shitty but still no-brainer way to play the game when those mechanics are in place.

So many people talk about how lame it is to walk around Gfay and Butcher and Karanas on a 1000 person server and see like 4 people total. Controlling level progression somewhat might be a worthwhile experiment.

If you hit the level 10 cap you can then go farm wisps for money and start doing your tradeskills and stuff which will make the progression from 10-20 better for you, allowing you to hit the cap again and progress further in trade skills and getting level appropriate gear rather than blasting past low level stuff and not experiencing that content.

Being the first person to get a Dwarven Ringmail tunic when the level cap is 10 and its a 300 person raid on crushbone would be a more meaningful accomplishment than the first person to get a rubicite BP at level 50.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-17-2023, 05:52 PM
Banned

If devs wanted to spring green 2.0 as a surprise\to partially mitigate the hell orgy launch day would likely be, they would necessarily have to remain silent about it. Which, itself, *would* be a gesture of care for the project.
Old 03-17-2023, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Cool fan fiction Gustoo, never give up on your feverish opium dreams.
Old 03-17-2023, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Catering to esports players. Raiders. Server firsters. Tubers. And pizza economists.

Good way to sink a vanilla museum server with non classic nerfs. And dumb non classic shit and rules lawyers and lists.
Old 03-17-2023, 07:35 PM
Sarnak

Pretty sure the majority want new green and it's not even close. Why are so many worried about cock blocking that? I guess we all have to wait for everyone to get BIS on green? Or maybe dedicate that new server to the 8 ppl that want red?
Old 03-17-2023, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

I don’t think anyone is cock blocking new green. Everyone is excited for the next fresh start. I’m just saying there’s no reason to start attacking the staff from the blue perspective. Red guys I understand that they’re over waiting and mad sad.

Blue guys like, green isn’t even old
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-17-2023, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool fan fiction Gustoo, never give up on your feverish opium dreams.
I won’t bro. Dreaming of the best 2023 version of EQ
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-17-2023, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure the majority want new green and it's not even close. Why are so many worried about cock blocking that? I guess we all have to wait for everyone to get BIS on green? Or maybe dedicate that new server to the 8 ppl that want red?
"But my guildie finally has the most monk DKP, if you end green how much longer will he have to wait for an Abashi????"
Old 03-17-2023, 10:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No not at all, I'm 100% anti being level 60 in this game, because I play it for fun. Killing a dragon sometimes is fun but to rush to get to the point where all you kill is dragons is not my idea of fun.

However, Green is not an old server by any means and there are a lot of people still progressing and those that are raiders are currently doing so and competing for dragons vigorously. The server isn't stagnant or dead. Sure it isn't brand new, but it isn't total pixel rot status.

A new red server (sorry OP) is legitimately called for at this time. It will enjoy vigorous population for a time and then dwindle. It is my hope that with a different ruleset it can maintain a greater terminal population than the first red server which has a custom ruleset that has proved to overlook some areas.

A new blue server is a no brainer, but both the existing blue servers are going strong right now, it makes sense to let them be.

Now, more important than anything to me (even more important than PVP) is a different implementation of "legacy" items and possibly time locked level caps that prevent the drag-race gen Z style of play that makes a new server go stale so fast. I would like to remove the incentive to blast through all levels immediately and to get to manastone camp. It's just a shitty but still no-brainer way to play the game when those mechanics are in place.

So many people talk about how lame it is to walk around Gfay and Butcher and Karanas on a 1000 person server and see like 4 people total. Controlling level progression somewhat might be a worthwhile experiment.

If you hit the level 10 cap you can then go farm wisps for money and start doing your tradeskills and stuff which will make the progression from 10-20 better for you, allowing you to hit the cap again and progress further in trade skills and getting level appropriate gear rather than blasting past low level stuff and not experiencing that content.

Being the first person to get a Dwarven Ringmail tunic when the level cap is 10 and its a 300 person raid on crushbone would be a more meaningful accomplishment than the first person to get a rubicite BP at level 50.
Nah, the last thing needed is more PvP. The ENTIRE PURPOSE of p99 was to reset the server on the actual EQ timeline over and over ad infinitum, merging into Blue on each reset. Green has ran through the EQ timeline. Time to merge + restart, as intended.
Old 03-18-2023, 12:08 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousHalflings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, the last thing needed is more PvP. The ENTIRE PURPOSE of p99 was to reset the server on the actual EQ timeline over and over ad infinitum, merging into Blue on each reset. Green has ran through the EQ timeline. Time to merge + restart, as intended.
its so much better with pvp, if u guys only knew tbh like classic wow if you remove the open world pvp you remove 40% of the game

so many spells and classes find new utility with that added context of pvp, meanwhile NONE of the PVE mechanics are changed or removed

its simply less game