Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2022, 01:19 AM
Large Rat

Default can't play now

since the update Saturday I can no long get on game, gives me a spell file is bad. How can I fix this problem was working fine before update
Old 11-20-2022, 02:26 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 11-20-2022, 06:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybreath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
since the update Saturday I can no long get on game, gives me a spell file is bad. How can I fix this problem was working fine before update
Also had issues logging in, though briefly and not immediately. After one session of play, an error message popped up, then trying again the log-in/sever select displayed visual glitches. Several more attempts and it was no longer an issue. Haven't been able to replicate since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaerhawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ditto. Thank you for providing a free service that entertains thousands. I greatly appreciate your hard work.

Cheers,
Spaer
Old 11-20-2022, 08:04 AM
Sarnak

rogean and nilbog many thanks

my body is ready for the server merge and/or the new season of mastery server
Old 11-20-2022, 01:13 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so glad you fixed bowquest on Red99

oh wait.....

These newly discovered mechanics might have never been patched on live, they probably need to do some research.

Either way, thank you GM's and Guides for all your effort in keeping this community up and running!
Old 11-20-2022, 06:54 PM
Large Bat

HI - So I log in and it says i need to replace file
spells_us.txt (3828781689)
I am not a computer nerd please help step by step
tyvm! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-20-2022, 07:02 PM
Large Bat

Lodi just spawned in a brand new spot, there was no notice of this from the patch notes, can we get a GM/Dev to confirm that the lodi spawn was changed?
Old 11-20-2022, 07:51 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Hey, first post ever, just here to share some info on the effect-wearing-off message bug. So something I noticed was that I was getting the bug last night after installing the patch. but then this morning after logging on, the very first spell effect I cast did actually correctly display its wearing-off message one, and only one, time.

I tried to replicate this by camping and re-entering the world, ctrl-alt-deleting and reopening Everquest, restarting my computer, shutting down and switching off my power supply for a few mins to really restart my computer, switching to another character, creating a new character, creating a new character on a new server.... and no luck.

I have not been able to replicate that one time a spell wearing-off message managed to show up. But, I don't know, sharing what I tried in case it's helpful. Like maybe it's actually something to do with the amount of time that passed overnight that caused the spell-wearing-off text to show up correctly once before breaking again. It feels like the fact that it was the very first spell I cast today that worked might be a useful clue at least.

Or maybe you (the devs, if you're reading) already know the cause and this was a big waste of time but if not I'd totally be willing to keep trying things to see if I can get the text to display correctly again like that. If you think that would help narrow down a cause, I'm stuck at home with covid so I've got the free time lol.
Old 11-20-2022, 09:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnyte18 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HI - So I log in and it says i need to replace file
spells_us.txt (3828781689)
I am not a computer nerd please help step by step
tyvm! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Download the patch files from here: https://www.project1999.com/index.php

Unzip the folder directly into your EQ folder, overwriting all current files.

That should fix it.
Old 11-20-2022, 09:41 PM
Kobold

To update the spells go to the wiki.project1999 web page and near the top right click on "getting started". Scroll down and click on "Project 1999 Files (V56)." This will download it. Go to your download page on windows and click that file which will open it up so you can see folders and files. Click "Ctrl A" to highlight them then click "Ctrl C" to copy them.

Next: Go to your Project 1999 Folder on the C drive or wherever, double click to open it, double click on "Sony" folder to open it, double click on "EverQuest" folder to open it.

You will see Folder and files now you hit "Ctrl V" to paste the update to your Everquest game. Now, a window will pop up, click "Replace the files in the destination." And you're good. To see this visually you can check out youtube and El Hefe has a video on it.