Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 05:49 AM
Planar Protector

Default shm rain spells

Never got to grips with this line, they are tricky to use, as they either break root or damage your pet. (while soloing)

Best use ive found is for farming trash for drops eg crushbone belts or faction.

I was thinking tho, if duoed with a class that could charm a poison resistant mob.... However I know from using the PWC(post 50) its very hard to resist the damage......whats immune to poison? undead/snakes?

Perhaps some dru root spells are more dd resistant?

There some other way to keep the mob stationary, in order for the 3 waves to hit? Perhaps bard/enc aoe mez? I suppose chardok is the one place ths is used.

On the face of it, this line is useless, but Ive always suspected theres a trick to getting it useful. Maybe lower my standards and duo with a wizard?!

thoughts plz...

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Last edited by blondeattk; 04-29-2015 at 05:55 AM..
Old 04-29-2015, 08:42 AM
Banned

If your soloing. Root, back pet up and rain. Then send pet back in?
Old 04-29-2015, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

agro on the rain spell means the mob will come straight for you....always breaks the root i recall.

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 04-29-2015, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

The only use I ever found for rain spells is in groups when you have a tank with solid agro and you want some quick dps. Much more efficient than nukes.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:28 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only use I ever found for rain spells is in groups when you have a tank with solid agro and you want some quick dps. Much more efficient than nukes.
I second this. I have used the poison rains to reasonable effect in dungeon groups with a good tank and single pulls. In fact, I was surprised that shamans even had this line of spells because I never saw them being used back on live so many years ago.

They are worth it most of the time over the other shaman nukes in this situation.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah but if have a Warrior for a Tank you are probably going to take it in the face doing that on a Shaman. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-30-2015, 11:44 AM
Kobold

I know there are issues with Mage rain spells.... Missing a tick and being resisted...

Do you see the same issues with Shaman rain spells?
Old 04-30-2015, 12:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beldon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know there are issues with Mage rain spells.... Missing a tick and being resisted...

Do you see the same issues with Shaman rain spells?
It seems like poison is less resisted than some of the other damage types. I'm sure it's mob-specific but I think overall the waves land more often.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but if have a Warrior for a Tank you are probably going to take it in the face doing that on a Shaman. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have a Warrior as a tank, odds are you're already being hit anyway.

As for the rain spells....I can't recollect my wife ever using them in several years of playing her Shaman.

Danth
Old 04-30-2015, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Had a wizard doing that with my ranger tanking last night. Was really impressed with the damage / efficiency.
Closed Thread