Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2023, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockscar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While the heal debuff is dispellable, it is by no means consistent. I've been the healer in groups on my necro and Cancel Magic gives at best a 50% chance to dispel the first debuff slot. Half the time, it just won't dispel it even if it's in the first slot--and then it will instead dispel the next debuff, which means that on top of being saddled with a 125/tick self-dot, you also have to eschew any other buffs. No HP buff, no regen, you'll even dispel your own leech recourse half the time. So while Shadowbond self-dot can technically be dispelled, it's not as simple as saying you can just remove the debuff and avoid the degen. There's a number of caveats to that. At a minimum, you'll be operating completely unbuffed while saddling yourself with a 500-damage dot at regular intervals when you probably have something like 1k-1.2k HP unbuffed. It's not comfortable at all.

To be quite frank, while it is possible for a necro to keep a group alive if the content is very easy, there is a reason nobody wants to run with that. It's too much of a hassle and too likely to result in some random person's death because all the necro can do is maintain a mediocre HoT on a single target at a time.
I have pretty good luck with annul magic/junk buffs