Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2023, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Language is so fun. This is the exact same concept, phrased two different ways:

1. “The court on Thursday specifically ruled against race-conscious student admissions programs at Harvard University and the University of North Carolina”

2. “The court on Thursday specifically ruled against universities being able to legally discriminate against white and Asian students in admissions”

Exact same concept phrased two different ways. One sounds flowery and lovey, and one sounds bad
i recently re-read how to be an anti-racist and one of the first great points that book makes is about discrimination.

there are negative and positive discriminatory actions, and the example given for positive discrimination is a life-saving vaccine given first to populations most at risk, such as the elderly and infirm, or healthcare workers. affirmative action is an example of a positive discrimatory practice, used to rectify the long-studied and well-understood racial inequities that do exist and are real.
Old 06-29-2023, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

"it's the good kind of racism."

lol.
Old 06-29-2023, 02:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We seem to have a recent dry spell for it, much to the media that profit from it’s dismay

Mainstream media these days to PD:
Read more local news, the violence itself never stops. The class war is still raging
Old 06-29-2023, 03:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i recently re-read how to be an anti-racist and one of the first great points that book makes is about discrimination.

there are negative and positive discriminatory actions, and the example given for positive discrimination is a life-saving vaccine given first to populations most at risk, such as the elderly and infirm, or healthcare workers. affirmative action is an example of a positive discrimatory practice, used to rectify the long-studied and well-understood racial inequities that do exist and are real.
Yea I guess if we want to use whataboutism we can say that hospitals triages based on health risks are a form of positive discrimination too

Whatever helps us feel better about the good kind of racism
Old 06-29-2023, 03:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Read more local news, the violence itself never stops. The class war is still raging
If the mainstream media can sell it, they will. And I guarantee police brutality = clicks, it’s why they shove it in everyone’s faces for weeks when they can find it
Old 06-29-2023, 03:45 PM
Banned

The problem with affirmative action is that there's absolutely no structure in place to measure whether it's been effective. If the goal is to "correct for past discrimination", how are you going to know when that correction has occurred? When all races of people make the exact same amount of money? It's a totally unpractical solution that reads like it was cooked up by a 6th grader.

I can understand the desire to correct for the past, but once you've done so and you leave that policy in place, you're now just being a huge racist to different groups of people, which basically ensures continued racial animosity and resentment. Which might actually be the goal for unscrupulous race vultures who profiteer off pretending racism is more of a problem in modern life than it actually is.

How to be an anti-racist is a retarded book btw, it's pure academic sophistry. It presents assertions as if they are hard-fought conclusions. It's dumb as shit.
Old 06-29-2023, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with affirmative action is that there's absolutely no structure in place to measure whether it's been effective. If the goal is to "correct for past discrimination", how are you going to know when that correction has occurred? When all races of people make the exact same amount of money?
Every job should have the exact same ratio of ethnicities working it. The fact that in my state landscaping and cleaning is like 90% Hispanic is a sign of racial biases and we need to forcibly correct it by making it near impossible for a Hispanic person to get hired for one of these jobs and super easy for a white person to be

Or wait….is it only jobs that most people actually want? I don’t see much of a push for more black people on Alaskan fishing ships or oil rigs. Or more women working in mines or sewers

So we need to push for equality in only the nice air conditioned office jobs that aren’t dangerous or dirty that the vast majority of the public desires. Gotcha

Is the fact that the NBA mostly black due to discrimination and bias? What about the fact that prison system are filled with mostly men? Are they biased against men?

None of this shit makes any sense to me…
Old 06-29-2023, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with affirmative action is that there's absolutely no structure in place to measure whether it's been effective. If the goal is to "correct for past discrimination", how are you going to know when that correction has occurred? When all races of people make the exact same amount of money? It's a totally unpractical solution that reads like it was cooked up by a 6th grader.

I can understand the desire to correct for the past, but once you've done so and you leave that policy in place, you're now just being a huge racist to different groups of people, which basically ensures continued racial animosity and resentment. Which might actually be the goal for unscrupulous race vultures who profiteer off pretending racism is more of a problem in modern life than it actually is.

How to be an anti-racist is a retarded book btw, it's pure academic sophistry. It presents assertions as if they are hard-fought conclusions. It's dumb as shit.
When we don't have white supremacy groups welcomed with open arms into the GOP voter base we can talk.

Jan 6th had the most destruction from these groups.

Racism is very real and very prominent in America.
Old 06-29-2023, 04:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you think iniquities are the remedy to inequity, you might be a redneck. 🤠
Old 06-29-2023, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
If the mainstream media can sell it, they will. And I guarantee police brutality = clicks, it’s why they shove it in everyone’s faces for weeks when they can find it
So what is the bigger problem? The capitalism working as intended or the real and widespread violence inherent to capitalism?
Closed Thread