Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2023, 01:10 PM
Banned

People's perception of trump is 100% determined by his obnoxious, self-aggrandizing personality. They just hate his guts. He's like the heel in a pro-wrestling match, you just love to hate him cause ohhh boyyyy he's so full of himself and he's gonna get his this weekend at Summerslam!

If his entire presidency just consisted of a computer spitting out bullet-points on a sheet of paper as far as the actual policies to be implemented, I doubt anyone would have a problem with it. I can't help but notice nobody ever criticizes any particular policies he implemented as president, because quite a few things were actually a lot better for average americans while he was in the white house. When they come after him for this current ordeal, they pretend it's all just totally by-the-books even though like a billion other politicians have done the same things or worse. They call it "historic", which I suppose it is, since most criminal politicians they just ignore- but not this time!

All politicians are fundamentally power hungry narcissists, every single one. Because it demands a personality type who wakes up in the morning and thinks: "You know who should be in charge? ME!". The appeal of trump for people is that he's anti-establishment, many of the people who elected him in 2016 had previously voted for obama twice, but they hated hillary so much they had to vote for the other guy. I can't really blame them.
Last edited by Ooloo; 06-15-2023 at 01:13 PM..
Old 06-15-2023, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hate-speech is an ill-defined term. Definitions are supposed to be precise and specific, not full of a bunch of "and\or's". I would agree that running around hurling slurs is totally useless and that type of thing deserves to be banned. But that is hardly the only thing people consider "hateful" enough to ban.

I'd love for somebody to simply post an example of a sentence that is critical of, say, trans ideology, but wouldn't be considered "hate speech" by a typical activist. I'd argue it literally can't be done.

The problem with the term is that it's extremely elastic and can include nearly any opinion that is divergent at all. It ends up functioning as a defacto means of just shutting up anyone you don't like, while also allowing the censor to say "Hey I support free speech, but not hate speech!". Such a person has never read a history book, I'd argue.
Slippery Sam. You first wanted to know what could be discussed here, among us freaks. Because things got banned. A good question. I advised you to play that hand, it could have served you well.

But now we are out in the Land of Forest Animals and you are asking what you can say to Forest Creature X, and that dammit you deserve a clear definition.

So do you wish to know what is going on in the outside world, or here? Choose.

-------------------

The outside world is all mostly relative to exactly where you are talking about. Places have "communities" and how you are dealt with, in any sense, speaking or whatever, depends on who you are relative to that community. If you are a stranger, the general rule is to be polite and gracious.

In group behavior is in group. If you aren't in the group, what's it to you? Like, I'm a dude. If I go to a Lesbian bar to chill, just to chill, what exactly are my expectations here? "Hey, what can I say here, before I buy a drink I need to know what I can say here. Do I got to say tinkle instead of piss? I've never been round Lesbians before," well, what do you expect to happen?

--------------------
The inside world, here, is largely a loosely knit social mass revolving around a skinner box. What you can do here has its own ways and means. And it just won't let you be.

No, no.
Old 06-15-2023, 01:14 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Our legal structure is allergic to context though so that probably is too nuanced an understanding to not be abused in a court of law
Equal protection.
Old 06-15-2023, 01:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Slippery Sam. You first wanted to know what could be discussed here, among us freaks. Because things got banned. A good question. I advised you to play that hand, it could have served you well.

But now we are out in the Land of Forest Animals and you are asking what you can say to Forest Creature X, and that dammit you deserve a clear definition.

So do you wish to know what is going on in the outside world, or here? Choose.

-------------------

The outside world is all mostly relative to exactly where you are talking about. Places have "communities" and how you are dealt with, in any sense, speaking or whatever, depends on who you are relative to that community. If you are a stranger, the general rule is to be polite and gracious.

In group behavior is in group. If you aren't in the group, what's it to you? Like, I'm a dude. If I go to a Lesbian bar to chill, just to chill, what exactly are my expectations here? "Hey, what can I say here, before I buy a drink I need to know what I can say here. Do I got to say tinkle instead of piss? I've never been round Lesbians before," well, what do you expect to happen?

--------------------
The inside world, here, is largely a loosely knit social mass revolving around a skinner box. What you can do here has its own ways and means. And it just won't let you be.

No, no.
Um okay, your posts are very hard to parse, I'm never exactly sure what you're saying.

I noticed you didn't provide an example either. Here I'll do it myself:

"I think it's unethical to transition children, due to matters of consent. Even if there was robust scientific evidence that it's helpful, which there isn't, it's still unethical to allow kids to make permanent life altering decisions.".

I do not consider the above to be "hate speech" in the slightest. Other people *do*, and that's the problem.
Old 06-15-2023, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Equal protection.
c'mon, friend.

why would you want to waste your time with these sad conspiracy theorists when you could be rackin' up YTs with your pal grapefruit? red server the best opportunity for nazi hunting eq has ever had xD

you never even talk about eq stuff. what server did you play on live?
Old 06-15-2023, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Um okay, your posts are very hard to parse, I'm never exactly sure what you're saying.

I noticed you didn't provide an example either. Here I'll do it myself:

"I think it's unethical to transition children, due to matters of consent. Even if there was robust scientific evidence that it's helpful, which there isn't, it's still unethical to allow kids to make permanent life altering decisions.".

I do not consider the above to be "hate speech" in the slightest. Other people *do*, and that's the problem.
i think he is telling you to read/respect the room. when you are bar for women who had abortions, dont use dickish language if you wanna to criticize the act.

meanwhile, he casts people into hitlers army, anyone he deems not kind enough.
Old 06-15-2023, 02:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvidez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think he is telling you to read/respect the room. when you are bar for women who had abortions, dont use dickish language if you wanna to criticize the act.

meanwhile, he casts people into hitlers army, anyone he deems not kind enough.
Well, you might say I *am* reading and respecting the room by reading the forum rules and posting anything not related to p99 in the off-topic subforum. I tried to start a thread specifically for respectful discussion of current events, but it was locked. So uhhh, sorry.

I have a hunch they just don't want people talking about trans stuff. If so, just put that in the rules.
Old 06-15-2023, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I think consent is the touchstone of any sound moral or legal system.

Here tho? That's my point. Where are you talking about? You are a postcard without an addresee.

Are you in a room where people are saying bad things about a consent-based moral or legal or god forbid, political system? Because say when buddy. Say when. You just messed with the wrong military-industrial-political complex.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My outlook is not complicated.
Old 06-15-2023, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Well, you might say I *am* reading and respecting the room by reading the forum rules and posting anything not related to p99 in the off-topic subforum. I tried to start a thread specifically for respectful discussion of current events, but it was locked. So uhhh, sorry.

I have a hunch they just don't want people talking about trans stuff. If so, just put that in the rules.
Ah, you got in and you finally got back to your main point of contention, which asked "what are the rules here?" before you started swaying it out to include "what are the rules there?"

See the diff? I need to know where we are talking about. So, what are the rules here. That's an interesting hand to play. This is a good hand. I told you this was the one.

Can we talk about trannies? Transvestites? From transexual etc? It's part of culture, this is off-topic, so why not?

I saw RHPS at age 14 in Uniondale NY, if you know the history of Long Island you know the theater. Midnights shows r us. Party central. Hitched there with an older friend who vouched I was his brother, and he brought his pet garden snake because he heard it was a freak show. We hitched there and dosed and that was always a way to bide the time. I did not think any of this was frightening.

Ok. That was one episode.

Wait, how much detail do I need to give you before you get, it's not the plane, it's the pilot?
Old 06-15-2023, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah, you got in and you finally got back to your main point of contention, which asked "what are the rules here?" before you started swaying it out to include "what are the rules there?"

See the diff? I need to know where we are talking about. So, what are the rules here. That's an interesting hand to play. This is a good hand. I told you this was the one.

Can we talk about trannies? Transvestites? From transexual etc? It's part of culture, this is off-topic, so why not?
Transgender Coverage Topical Guide
Closed Thread