Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 06-12-2022, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kind of late to the argument here,but I’m in the population that started green because I liked the idea of a recycling server. It makes zero sense to maintain green and blue at the same time while they’re offering the same content. I dipped out of green shortly after the merge with teal, because player conduct was much worse in the other pool ( green,!teal we’re basically saints comparatively ) and was allowed to fester. So I’ve been waiting for like the last two years for the promised green 2.0.

I really don’t care how they make it work, but I have to imagine there are others like me just waiting on a refresh, so until then you’ll all be stuck bickering amongst a pool of people that just shrinks and only the worst remain.
I mean I hate to break it to you but if your deciding factor is whether or not there are some bad instances of player conduct you’re not going to enjoy green 2.0 either.

Just learn to ignore it and move on and you’ll be fine
Old 06-12-2022, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean I hate to break it to you but if your deciding factor is whether or not there are some bad instances of player conduct you’re not going to enjoy green 2.0 either.

Just learn to ignore it and move on and you’ll be fine
I wouldn’t say it’s a deciding factor that influences what I think they should do with the server. I think they should still proceed with green 2.0 because it was the intended outcome that everybody signed on for when they participated in green.

Also I fully expect it to be a shit show. I actually thought the race in the beginning was a lot of fun and I would be fine with not doing a split server like teal plus green. By the time teal remixed with green the cultures were just very different. A lot of my in game friends just stopped playing due to it.
Old 06-12-2022, 09:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn’t say it’s a deciding factor that influences what I think they should do with the server. I think they should still proceed with green 2.0 because it was the intended outcome that everybody signed on for when they participated in green.

Also I fully expect it to be a shit show. I actually thought the race in the beginning was a lot of fun and I would be fine with not doing a split server like teal plus green. By the time teal remixed with green the cultures were just very different. A lot of my in game friends just stopped playing due to it.
Here's what you don't get, and it will explain why i'd quit immediately and completely if they merge them today: Both blue and green are operating at near full capacity. 1600-2k players on a server would be an absolute nightmare. Totally unplayable and unenjoyable.
Old 06-12-2022, 10:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malikail [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both blue and green are operating at near full capacity
No they aren't. Blue had 1400ish (sometimes more) players at peak hours for a very very long time and it was fine. Some would argue better cause way less zones were empty and groups were easier to come by. Also it's kind of assumed that a merge would be either immediately or very shortly after followed by the launch of green 2.0 so it's not as simple as you're implying.
Old 06-12-2022, 10:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I will add besides all the cons to old beta blue discussed to near infinity the fact that our character names on old blue are "reserved" on new greens is a real pita.
How many people thought for a second the account they created 10 years ago to help test a wip/beta pipe dream of a server would prevent them from using their character names a decade later on their dream come true server(and thanks for all that work).

Makes me wonder just how many characters are sitting on blue unintentionally reserving names for eternity yet never to be played ever again due to discarded/lost account info.
It's definitely thousands.

Imho if we can't pull off the blue band-aid then the idea of just making it a fully separate entity would solve most problems. Transition Green into a New Blue(or whatever color) when a fresh Green starts. Then merge when the time comes. Rinse repeat.
Makes so much more sense and I don't understand the resistance.
Old 06-12-2022, 11:00 PM
Sarnak

Blueberries trying insanely hard to push for a merge despite not being popular on green.

<Green players raise multi faceted solid justifications for not merging with blue>

Blueberries: "NuH iT NoT IsSuE. It FiNe. MeRgE wItH uS."

So here's the deal then......

If you want a merge, there's gotta be a multi server purge.

If you wanna merge, you gotta purge should be the motto.

Multi server 1 time purge > merge.

It's the only solution.
Last edited by ya.dingus; 06-12-2022 at 11:12 PM..
Old 06-12-2022, 11:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blueberries trying insanely hard to push for a merge despite not being popular on green.

<Green players raise multi faceted solid justifications for not merging with blue>

It's the only solution.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-13-2022, 12:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's the only solution.
Literally nothing said in this thread matters. Not my opinion, or yours, or anyone elses. Rogean/Nilbog are just gonna do what they want to do. We can talk circles around each other for 100 pages, but none of it matters. Someone is always gonna be mad no matter what happens.
Old 06-13-2022, 04:23 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No they aren't. Blue had 1400ish (sometimes more) players at peak hours for a very very long time and it was fine. Some would argue better cause way less zones were empty and groups were easier to come by. Also it's kind of assumed that a merge would be either immediately or very shortly after followed by the launch of green 2.0 so it's not as simple as you're implying.
That ain't fine, but clearly we have different tastes. Most that were on blue in my 6+ years was about the 1200s peak time. I have no desire to play on a server that over packed, i already can't find an isolated spot to farm anything w/o people wanting me to share spawns or make a group.
Old 06-13-2022, 04:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ad hominem, the last resort of a losing conversation.

What's it like to know your blue characters are relegated to a beta server for all eternity, and that chances of a server merge are slim to none - oh master of the unintentional ironic post?

The best part is your gif couldnt be more unintentionally ironic. It's Galafianakis' character who is actually brilliant the whole time and gets them out of a shit situation that his idiot friends got them into.

Funny you used that gif isnt it? Man, that's some questionably low IQ.

Last edited by ya.dingus; 06-13-2022 at 04:57 AM..