Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 01:13 AM
Sarnak

Ahhh glitterports. I think I used to group with them on p2002.
Old 02-12-2021, 12:37 PM
Kobold

Glitterports here, HI natewest! Glad my branding is working.

Im just gonna clarify some things cuz theres so much misinformation here.

To all the people who are bashing Dial a Port and saying we "port for tips be happy you get anything", you are wrong. We dont port for tips, in fact we are allowed to set our own pricing. We port for money. We are providing you a service. You could easily walk and take boats anywhere you want but you dont want that, you wanted the quick travel way. You wanted me to spend my time porting you somewhere instead of getting XP or farming or questing. My time is valuable. In fact it says it right here in our guild rules.

4. Greed will not be tolerated of any kind! You may set your own prices for ports or other services, but do not argue with a client over the fare received if the price was not agreed upon initially. You will get stiffed from time to time but just bite your tongue and move on.

This is the rule that was broken right in front of me and that is why I removed him from the guild. A long with this rule.

1. BE NICE & SHOW RESPECT!! This not only includes your guildmates but the entire P99 community.

Just to clarify futher for yall who think we port for tips.

7. Avoid the words "donations" or "tips" when advertising your services as we are a pay-for-port service and those words can have mixed meanings. We do however encourage members to advertise free CRs and help lowbies and new members as much as possible.

All of our rules can be viewed at https://dialaport.freeforums.net/page/rules for those of you who want further clarification of what Dial a Port is about.

You dont call a taxi and expect him to just drive you for a tip. Theres a fare involved. Luckily for the entire community MOST of us dont even have set pricing, we will take whatever we can get from any of you because we are doing a service for the community. Ive NEVER turned down a port, even if people cant pay.

A general rule of thumb is 1pp per level as payment (lvl 20 can pay 20pp, lvl 55 can pay 55pp ect)

Glittersings / Glittercharms / Glitterheals <Anonymous>
Last edited by AdrenolineLove; 02-12-2021 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 02-12-2021, 12:40 PM
Kobold

Also just to further clarify and be transparent with the entire situation, I was not supposed to remove him from the guild without speaking to the higher ups for it and I was personally reprimanded. Did he breaks the rules? Yes. Did I mess up? Yes. My apologies to you Seanlol. Sorry for removing you without taking the time to handle things properly. Hope we can move past this and I hope you can have a future in Dial a Port!

Much love - Glitterports

Glittersings / Glittercharms / Glitterheals <Anonymous>
Old 02-12-2021, 12:52 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Not gonna lie, this thread makes Dial a Port seem a lot less fun.
Old 02-13-2021, 08:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Savasan is a twitch streamer and a new player

instead of flaming him and going to forums just be nice and tell him about the server's

economy

plus he gave you C so you got port even more people who will tip more
He's in his 40's, how is he a new player? I guess he just got power leveled? smh if so
Old 02-14-2021, 12:32 AM
Banned

<Tell a Port> is a way better tag and you had a second chance to use it on green/teal. I'm beginning to think you nerds who grind out platinum in a 40 year old bbs game by casting a mana-intensive spell every 15 minutes, in addition to being spiteful weirdos, have no taste.
Old 02-14-2021, 07:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenolineLove [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also just to further clarify and be transparent with the entire situation, I was not supposed to remove him from the guild without speaking to the higher ups for it and I was personally reprimanded. Did he breaks the rules? Yes. Did I mess up? Yes. My apologies to you Seanlol. Sorry for removing you without taking the time to handle things properly. Hope we can move past this and I hope you can have a future in Dial a Port!

Much love - Glitterports
He barely did anything. It's ridiculous for some level 40+ person to think a 3pp donation isn't completely silly for a port. I don't think he should've been removed from the guild just from that, but I guess you're just trying to side with your friend. And who goes into debt in this game lmao wtf
Last edited by TripSin; 02-14-2021 at 07:07 PM..
Old 02-14-2021, 07:25 PM
Sarnak

Tipping culture is cancer. Both in RL and in game.

Next time, don't beat around the bush like a nancy... say the price you want for your porting services. Don't say "donation" then get mad when it doesn't meet your price target. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ports on RED are FREE... come on over!

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 02-14-2021, 07:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tipping culture is cancer. Both in RL and in game.

Next time, don't beat around the bush like a nancy... say the price you want for your porting services. Don't say "donation" then get mad when it doesn't meet your price target. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ports on RED are FREE... come on over!
He just teased the guy a little over it, which isn't unreasonable especially given that guy's level, but glitterports went and got him kicked out of the guild for it. Now we have one less porter because some guy, who I guess just got powerleveled and so is consequently ignorant about certain aspects of the game despite his level, is a cheapskate. The worst that should've been done was just give him a warning and ask him to not display any passive aggressiveness whatsoever even when you come across idiots.
Last edited by TripSin; 02-14-2021 at 07:34 PM..
Old 02-14-2021, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<Tell a Port> is a way better tag and you had a second chance to use it on green/teal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXdHBP6mgdE
Closed Thread