Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2022, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t know if it’s that you don’t know what you want or you’re struggling to communicate it or something, but your stance seems confusing Jib

I don’t really consider myself an accelerationist, not on good days anyways
My stance is that this system is corrupt, and we have to stop voting for democrats at all costs.

And if you dont, it will never. EVER. change.

Good will win in the end, if you stop giving the evil people power to abuse it.

You dont have to support conservatives.

Just stop. Supporting. Democrats.
Old 10-07-2022, 09:06 PM
Banned

It will collapse on its own without your help Jibartik.

What are you greatful for today? Something good and untainted by politics. When have you been moved. Spiritually.

A few days ago I lay looking at the brilliant blue sky up from a swing a crazy old patriarch had built for me and my mom. I lay marveling at the blue and the universe containing it. And my own marveling at marveling.

It took me away from the physical agony I was in. I was free for a moment from all of that worldly pain and all of the existential pain we are in as a country and dying organism in duality. You deserve that. To be free and feel at peace Jibartik.
Old 10-07-2022, 09:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not even a new problem, either. You can find political editorials from the post-WW1 era lamenting how the U.S. Army appeared to be little more than the military wing of United Fruit Company. Go back farther, the robber baron railroad tycoons used to have the army called out to break strikes and shoot strikers. It's corrupt, it's been corrupt a long time, I've love to see it changed.

On the other hand, sterilizing children who aren't particularly culpable in their decision-making is a much newer problem. The folks pushing it tend to have a great deal of overlap with the folks who want a general draw-down on human population so I suspect they're not too busted up over it if Timmy regrets his choice a decade later.

I did my part trying to protest and I was almost always alone out there. The folks who want positive change will lose because most of them are too damned lazy to get up off their living room sofas. As such the country will end up with the government it deserves.

Danth
The “buyer’s remorse” angle isn’t invalid, that can also be true of many other procedures, but I fail to see why the state is in the business of disallowing one ‘permanent’ decision while allowing another for a child

Like, I don’t see (though I suspect) why they couldn’t just legislate some kind of new bureaucratic entity to analyze each case, because failing to get gender reassignment surgery has caused kids to commit suicide too

If it is actually about protecting kids, outright banning something that has saved some people seems just as callous as allowing it carte blanche
Old 10-07-2022, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It will collapse on its own without your help Jibartik.
Youre right.

i dont know why I dont want it to.

I really dont though. But you;re right and I should just accept it as I seem to alreayd have, and just enjoy watching everyone eat themselves.
Old 10-07-2022, 09:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You dont have to support conservatives.

Just stop. Supporting. Democrats.
No, this allows conservatives more victories, which would invalidate my reasons for not supporting the Democrats. I don’t burn down cities to prevent my house from burning.

I look at the election numbers and I say support more AOC types, hollow the beast out from within. Parties change, as you frequently say. She ain’t great but she’s better than most
Old 10-07-2022, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

After 2 elections of getting no votes the dems would be twice as strong and twice as good after all the old fat is kicked out.

You want ukrainians to die for the cause, why cant let a few American politicians lose their jobs.

Not to mention, how does it feel to have to celebrate bush as a leftist?

He's one of the best! The best! Politicans right?

If only we had bush back.

Good old leftist.

BUSH.
Old 10-07-2022, 09:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As such the country will end up with the government it deserves.

Danth
Ya good points, also
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 10-07-2022, 09:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Youre right.

i dont know why I dont want it to.

I really dont though. But you;re right and I should just accept it as I seem to alreayd have, and just enjoy watching everyone eat themselves.
I get your point.

Caring. You care. It took me years to understand that. I do though. My intent isn't to be callous. Don't let it eat you up.
Old 10-07-2022, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This is not even a new problem, either. You can find political editorials from the post-WW1 era lamenting how the U.S. Army appeared to be little more than the military wing of United Fruit Company. Go back farther, the robber baron railroad tycoons used to have the army called out to break strikes and shoot strikers. It's corrupt, it's been corrupt a long time, I've love to see it changed.
But what I think the new problem is:

We now live in a society where these folk, are the ones that support the war machine (too).

It makes their debauchery seem much less innocent, to know they are all down with war (in other countries, fought by other people, with weapons these kids paid for).

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
The folks who want positive change will lose because most of them are too damned lazy to get up off their living room sofas.
This is why I want basanos to stop voting.

I want the left to collapse and for the right to take back over.

So a new left can stand up against a much less powerful party eleet, and they can rebuild this corrupt nightmare they call the DNC
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-07-2022 at 09:24 PM..
Old 10-07-2022, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The “buyer’s remorse” angle isn’t invalid, that can also be true of many other procedures, but I fail to see why the state is in the business of disallowing one ‘permanent’ decision while allowing another for a child
It's a bit of pick and choose, like all law, can't really get around that at a practical level unless you go the hardcore libertarian angle of full-on anarchy. I don't particularly want to go that route because then you get things like child marriage.

Now if they're doing it with full parental consent, that's different. Turns my stomach, but I'll side with them, then. I'm speaking only to the situation of forcing it over parental objection. Yes, some children will still be harmed, but again, law cannot account for all exceptions and children are already harmed by things like extremist fundamentalist parents who teach them a bunch of gobbledy****. Taking the parents out of the equation and replacing them with Big Brother will always cause more horror than it solves. I still draw the line someplace (like child marriage), but that line is someplace left of medical procedures.

Ultimately it's a numbers thing. We see nations where something like child marriage becomes a huge commonplace issue. No thanks. I do not beleive the type of medical procedures being discussed would ever be particularly common. If they get there, I might revisit my opinion.

(edit) why is a random nonsense word being asterisk'd? Something wrong with the forum?

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 10-07-2022 at 09:25 PM..
Closed Thread