Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 02-03-2023, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A high elf enchanter who puts maximum points in intelligence (25) and the leftover 5 into charisma has as much charisma (95) as a dark elf or gnome is even capable of starting with. Those other races of enchanter obviously get the job done, so their charisma is by definition adequate. Thus the int-focused high elf represents a perfectly valid option for a player who wants more starting intelligence as an enchanter.
Max mana pool means almost nothing with C2. Enc gearing is 205 CHA > FT 8 > HP > AC - all of your options basically have some combo of int/mana on them too.

How many times are you going to die running oom as an enc vs. dying to a bad pet break?

Anyone not going max CHA high elf enc is just missing out on an opportunity to replace their pure CHA gear with beefier stat gear later on (think neriad shawl --> shawl of perception, vyemm gloves, etc). You have illusion spells, use them if you don't like the high elf look.
Old 02-03-2023, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Hmmm.

Honestly you may be on to something.

No gear is going to compare to spending 20 mins getting c2/potg then laughblasting your way through things until the inevitable twin sadnesses of c2 then potg fading.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-03-2023, 09:43 PM
Aviak

Ft gear compares and stacks with c2/potg )
Old 02-04-2023, 01:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a fellow solo4life person I gotta say you're looking at this all wrong, if you're playing for you and you only then who cares if 99% of the server is also playing class_x? Uniqueness doesn't apply to a game old enough to buy booze.
It's just that part of the reason I enjoy a wizard is because I know there isn't as many of us as there is of other classes. I can feel slightly more unique. Oftentimes I might be the only wizard available and that means I appear on someone's radar, however briefly.

But I suppose there is a reason there aren't as many wizards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Max mana pool means almost nothing with C2. Enc gearing is 205 CHA > FT 8 > HP > AC - all of your options basically have some combo of int/mana on them too.

How many times are you going to die running oom as an enc vs. dying to a bad pet break?

Anyone not going max CHA high elf enc is just missing out on an opportunity to replace their pure CHA gear with beefier stat gear later on (think neriad shawl --> shawl of perception, vyemm gloves, etc). You have illusion spells, use them if you don't like the high elf look.
Just that higher int makes things easier at lower levels, and makes things easier to tradeskill. I do tradeskills on basically all of my characters and having my enchanter struggle as much as my melee classes really sucks. Before I can get to those vaunted OP charm levels I basically have to kill mobs like a mage, and that takes mana. How do you get past them without a good mana pool?
Last edited by tadkins; 02-04-2023 at 01:31 AM..
Old 02-04-2023, 05:10 PM
Aviak

INT does basically nothing before level 30/40. Ench early game all you do is buff pet with haste/ac, tash mob, root mob, whack it with your staff once and backup so pet engages, slow mob and re-root as needed. With breeze at 16, leveling is a breeze. Once you hit 16/20/24 you just do the same thing with a charmed pet but no need to whack it.

Keep your target rootef and back up incase of a charm break.

Beside bard, it is literally the fastest and once you get used to it, it is very safe/efficient and only gets easier as you level.
Old 02-07-2023, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

pump it up
Old 02-07-2023, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasmere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make 1000% and more within 1 day
1000% of zero is still zero
Old 02-14-2023, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

Wizards excell at two things.

Quadding to 60 or nuking a mob in a fairly afk fashion.

Raiding and or PvP (they're the same thing).

They are great for being easy to play. They don't even need serious gear unless you are going to quad geonids and suits. In prekunark gear they are passive afk plat with the least amount of focus necessary.

I agree with others tho. You want to play a necromancer.
Old 02-15-2023, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Technically you can just single kill your way to 60. How two of my melees got finished off.

Sure, it's much slower but opens up more camps. If you can tab over and kill something every 6 mins 40 seconds it's not 75% slower though than quadding. It's more attentive gameplay but those kills also happen quicker.
Old 02-15-2023, 04:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You want to play a necromancer.
I don't, though. I don't like necromancers thematically and their epic is the goofiest looking thing in the world.

I just wish we could play the classes we want in this game without penalty. Wizard is what I identify as, and I can't change that. If we had a more accepting community here it wouldn't be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Technically you can just single kill your way to 60. How two of my melees got finished off.

Sure, it's much slower but opens up more camps. If you can tab over and kill something every 6 mins 40 seconds it's not 75% slower though than quadding. It's more attentive gameplay but those kills also happen quicker.
Yup I have no problem with that. Made peace with it a long time ago actually when I realized that the few 55+ quad spots are gonna be massively contested.