Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 01-25-2023, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

A dude for whom 2K is a lot isn't going to be prioritizing a near to 100K helm any time soon.

Locustlure is an interesting suggestion, and probably a good one. A 1/3-ish slow, even as a random special effect, will reduce the healer's mana outlay more than any other item for several times the price would. Eventually you'd want to look at some other utility procs as well, like tash stick (cheap, and even the cleric could use it) or stave of shielding (not so cheap).
Old 01-25-2023, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Locustlure 30% slow in areas with a shaman npc is pretty huge cos it turns attack rate from 150% to 70%.

I did think the effectiveness of procs was determined by the level the proc begins, not the level of the player casting the proc. I may well be mistaken as I have nothing to back this up.

Is the slow poison one of the vendor component only ones? If the rogue friend is into poison that does sound an interesting avenue.

If you are going with unslowed mobs consider DS pots.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-25-2023, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

I always forget about Locustlure.

So, so good.

Yes, have that ready for when rogue hits 46. Would be a total game changer for that specific trio.
Old 01-26-2023, 05:37 PM
Orc

lol @ people in this thread near universally recommending raid shit. It's not happening. I would rather shit in my hands and clap. You guys have fun treating this game like a full time job, that just isn't me.

Also lol @ people in this thread recommending I get this completely unrealistic helmet. This helmet costs about as much as the total platinum I've earned throughout all of my years playing EQ since 2002. "Oh it'll add up eventually", my ass, add up when? 2040? It's bad enough it takes hundreds or even thousands of hours to get to 60, I'm extremely disinterested in being a slave to a guild that I don't care about.

I have to be realistic folks. If I can't fight to it on a 60 necro, I treat it like it doesn't even exist in the game, because for me it might as well not. Period. Stop insisting I raid, and stop recommending I buy hundreds of thousands of platinum worth of items. Neither are happening.
Last edited by stealthbeast; 01-26-2023 at 06:01 PM..
Old 01-26-2023, 05:42 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-26-2023, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol @ people in this thread near universally recommending raid shit. It's not happening. I would rather shit in my hands and clap. You guys have fun treating this game like a full time job, that just isn't me.

Also lol @ people in this thread recommending I get this completely unrealistic helmet. This helmet costs about as much as the total platinum I've earned throughout all of my years playing EQ since 2002. "Oh it'll add up eventually", my ass, add up when? 2040? It's bad enough it takes hundreds or even thousands of hours to get to 60, I'm extremely disinterested in being a slave to a guild that I don't care about.

I have to be realistic folks. If I can't fight to it on a 60 necro, I treat it like it doesn't even exist in the game, because for me it might as well not. Period. Stop recommending I raid, and stop recommending I buy hundreds of thousands of platinum worth of items. Neither are happening.
It's really not that difficult to get raid gear or plat as a casual player. You can farm 500pp a day if you play for 2 hours a day killing level 40ish guards as an SK. It could take less than 2 hours with certain camps. That is pretty casual. In one year that is 500 x 365 = 182500 platinum. That's enough money to buy your SK a Narandi Crown and a Fungi.

Or you could join a top end guild and raid casually on the weekend, or before/after work whenever it fits your schedule. Most raid fights don't take long. Just avoid things like Vulak. You will get enough DKP to get some cheap SK gear.

I don't really understand this mentality that casually farming plat or raiding is impossible on P99. It just takes some time and patience.

If you can only play like 30 minutes a day or less, I would honestly advise not playing Everquest. It's not really a game that is friendly for gaming sessions of 30 minutes or less.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-26-2023 at 06:08 PM..
Old 01-26-2023, 06:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have to be realistic folks. If I can't fight to it on a 60 necro, I treat it like it doesn't even exist in the game, because for me it might as well not. Period. Stop recommending I raid, and stop recommending I buy hundreds of thousands of platinum worth of items. Neither are happening.
You know it kind of sounds like you don't like EQ.
Old 01-26-2023, 06:08 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's really not that difficult to get raid gear or plat as a casual player. You can farm 500pp a day if you play for 2 hours a day killing level 40ish guards. It could take less than 2 hours with certain camps. That is pretty casual. In one year that is 500 x 365 = 182500 platinum. That's enough money to buy your SK a Narandi Crown and a Fungi.
Put another way, a Narandi Crown + a Fungi equals 730ish hours of work.

I swear only THIS community would so casually recommend such an investment of time with a straight face. I could get my pilots license 10 times or I could get 1 Narandi Crown in EverQuest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorumi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know it kind of sounds like you don't like EQ.
And again with THIS attitude. As if hating raiding means I hate EQ, when EQ is NOT about raiding to everyone.
Old 01-26-2023, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Put another way, a Narandi Crown + a Fungi equals 730ish hours of work.

I swear only THIS community would so casually recommend such an investment of time with a straight face. I could get my pilots license 10 times or I could get 1 Narandi Crown in EverQuest.
Honestly if you can only play Everquest 30 minutes or less per day, you just shouldn't play Everquest. This isn't Candy Crush. It's not really a game that is good to play in 30 minute or less sessions.
Old 01-26-2023, 06:11 PM
Orc

Things got real gatekeepery real quick didn't they?