Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: When should green reset?
As soon as possible 221 63.32%
March 16th 86 24.64%
>4 Months from now 42 12.03%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2023, 06:26 PM
Orc

Lol. That’s cause everyone is on Alts

I tried playing a new character untwinked. There are no groups unless you know people cause everyone is higher level or power leveling in ZEM zones.

I gave up and said “I’ll wait for a relaunch”. I know me and at least 5 friends are just waiting.
Old 02-01-2023, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalora [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the original the idea to reset the server every 2 years and put the existing Green characters onto Blue? Was this plan changed since then?
They never promised every 2 years, they just said no sooner than than January 2023:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
The green server will, at a time yet to be decided, eventually merge into blue and start over again. This merge will not happen until at least 6 months after the last patch in velious (No earlier than January 2023)
And then they used people's whining as an excuse (I say "excuse" because there wasn't that much whining, and the staff never cared about whining before) to walk back their plans:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean
Server Merge - The staff has had considerable discussion internally regarding the merging of Green into Blue at the end of the timeline. We've heard your concerns. At this time, we haven't made a final decision, but we have also decided that we will leave the door open. A lot can change in 3 years, and we may chose to leave Green running independently as we open additional servers in the future.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-01-2023, 08:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivewin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol. That’s cause everyone is on Alts

I tried playing a new character untwinked. There are no groups unless you know people cause everyone is higher level or power leveling in ZEM zones.

I gave up and said “I’ll wait for a relaunch”. I know me and at least 5 friends are just waiting.
Bro I'm playing untwinked now and doing just fine on a cleric.

Old 02-02-2023, 04:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They never promised every 2 years, they just said no sooner than than January 2023:

And then they used people's whining as an excuse (I say "excuse" because there wasn't that much whining, and the staff never cared about whining before) to walk back their plans:
Honestly they could start green 2.0 and leave 1.0 running concurrently and then merge it once people realise it's a ghost town
Old 02-02-2023, 11:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bro I'm playing untwinked now and doing just fine on a cleric.
Yea, but not worth the time if server is resetting, and the OG 50 leveling + raiding is the purest MMO experience out there. I want that, not trying to shoehorn my way into an already fucked up raid scene + not enough people to level with overall. I've got a fully twinked Druid from playing TunnelQuest with a couple donated pieces, and it's still not fun even on a solo character knowing it's essentially short-term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly they could start green 2.0 and leave 1.0 running concurrently and then merge it once people realise it's a ghost town
Not worth splitting the population even further. The people who would quit if Green merged are the same people who would just be sitting on Green, hurting the entire project overall by constantly trying to get people to play on a server that's the same thing as Blue, just a different group of childish dipshits in the raid scene. The people on current Green who only want to play on current Green are a detriment whose opinions need to be ignored.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousHalflings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The people on current Green who only want to play on current Green are a detriment whose opinions need to be ignored.
This, 100%
Old 02-04-2023, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousHalflings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, but not worth the time if server is resetting, and the OG 50 leveling + raiding is the purest MMO experience out there. I want that, not trying to shoehorn my way into an already fucked up raid scene + not enough people to level with overall. I've got a fully twinked Druid from playing TunnelQuest with a couple donated pieces, and it's still not fun even on a solo character knowing it's essentially short-term.

Not worth splitting the population even further. The people who would quit if Green merged are the same people who would just be sitting on Green, hurting the entire project overall by constantly trying to get people to play on a server that's the same thing as Blue, just a different group of childish dipshits in the raid scene. The people on current Green who only want to play on current Green are a detriment whose opinions need to be ignored.
This dudes main complaint seems to be toxicity in particular in the raid scene and that’s why he doesn’t want to play on green or blue.

Who’s gonna tell him what green 2.0 will be like lol
Old 02-04-2023, 09:06 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This dudes main complaint seems to be toxicity in particular in the raid scene and that’s why he doesn’t want to play on green or blue.

Who’s gonna tell him what green 2.0 will be like lol
Lol raid scene is only cucked because people let it happen that way. Things were totally fine 10 years ago, before all the unskilled whiners made them make bullshit arbitrary rules for 'fair play'. Life isn't fair, and neither was EQ. #IB4evr!
Old 02-04-2023, 09:18 AM
Planar Protector

Raiding on blue sounded an absolute shit show before velious. Probably contributed to people focusing on levelling alts, questing, etc more.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-04-2023, 09:25 PM
Kobold

In any case, I do hope the reset happens soon. I'm really looking forward to playing on a fresh server and none of these modern MMOs are doing it for me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]