Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 02-04-2023, 10:44 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yes, JBB lives up to the hype. I've found fungi > JBB = epic, at least through mid 50s.
Old 02-04-2023, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let us remember this isn’t a thread exclusively about 60 torp shamans. It is about non-iksar from the mid 40s up using jbb.
The general answer has already been given to the question of the thread. Yes. It's good considering its only like 20k or less. Save for it. Buy it. Use it.

But on a side note, even without Torpor, FSI is still great to have. Even once you get the JBB, because it can be interrupted like any other spell.

Even though you can debate which trait is best to pick on a brand new toon to the server...I would still be tempted to roll Ogre over Troll or Iksar just because when you are brand new your gear sucks, there will be a lot of fights where a spell fizzles or you get an interruption it could spell death. Gate is probably going to get used more as well early on as well and gate is easy to get interupted on. FSI could potentially save you hours on the path to 50+

I would only roll Iksar if I didn't already have a JBB wearing shaman. Gotta take advantage of every toy Verant put in the game at the time. It really does suck balls that they made the JBB not equippable by Iksar tho. Always hated that.
Old 02-04-2023, 11:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You literally give up nothing for it. It’s a free racial trait. What kinda crack u smokin bro?
What are you giving up? I already listed it. If you failed to read it or can't comprehend it, well...

I'll list it again:

1. You lost a ton of stats as Ogre from overstating in velious. As a result of your overstating, you're extremelly anemic in other areas (like dex, and wisdom, and charisma, and basically anything that isnt str and stamina). Which means other classes that arent ogres, in the same raid gear, end up with more well rounded and powerful characters.

2. You're big, all the time, all the damn time. You're like betty crocket's large stick of butter jammed directly into the arteries of a dungeon. You've got to shrink, all the time, and even then, you're still obnoxious to move around.

3. You lose fashionquest. In my opinion, this is the worst of the offenders. You're ugly, sinfully ugly. Not because you're an ogre, but because the armor on ogre doesn't look great. You've sacrificed the most important part of the game for "mUh SiTuAtIoNaL sTuN rEsIsT."

5. MuH FaCtIoN (like who cares about faction anyway really)

In short, FSI isn't just a noob trap, it's simply boomer logic thinking it's better when we have velious. The only thing that made ogres outstanding was their stat attribution pre-velious when other races couldnt approach your levels of str/stamina. Now that everyone can cap, that doesn't matter, which means ogres don't matter.

You're outdated son, obsolete, yesterday's news, gahbaghe.

Last edited by ya.dingus; 02-04-2023 at 12:17 PM..
Old 02-04-2023, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are you giving up? I already listed it. If you failed to read it or can't comprehend it, well...

I'll list it again:

1. You lost a ton of stats as Ogre from overstating in velious. As a result of your overstating, you're extremelly anemic in other areas (like dex, and wisdom, and charisma, and basically anything that isnt str and stamina). Which means other classes that arent ogres, in the same raid gear, end up with more well rounded and powerful characters.

2. You're big, all the time, all the damn time. You're like betty crocket's large stick of butter jammed directly into the arteries of a dungeon. You've got to shrink, all the time, and even then, you're still obnoxious to move around.

3. You lose fashionquest. In my opinion, this is the worst of the offenders. You're ugly, sinfully ugly. Not because you're an ogre, but because the armor on ogre doesn't look great. You've sacrificed the most important part of the game for "mUh SiTuAtIoNaL sTuN rEsIsT."

In short, FSI isn't just a noob trap, it's simply boomer logic thinking it's better when we have velious. The only thing that made ogres outstanding was their stat attribution pre-velious when other races couldnt approach your levels of str/stamina. Now that everyone can cap, that doesn't matter, which means ogres don't matter.

You're outdated son, obsolete, yesterday's news, gahbaghe.
When you can't post any facts or logic, revert to nonsense. Got it!
Old 02-04-2023, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you can't post any facts or logic, revert to nonsense. Got it!
What are you even talking about? The entire list is nothing but facts. It's all backed up by actual in game stats and math.

You're like some kind of boomer insisting that revolvers are somehow still relevant in today's firearm world when the rest of us have moved on to semi-autos.

Like, begone boomer.

Old 02-04-2023, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are you even talking about? The entire list is nothing but facts. It's all backed up by actual in game stats and math.

You're like some kind of boomer insisting that revolvers are somehow still relevant in today's firearm world when the rest of us have moved on to semi-autos.

Like, begone boomer.
Doubling down on the nonsense. Please keep this in RnF.
Old 02-04-2023, 05:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doubling down on the nonsense. Please keep this in RnF.
I'll let my posts speak for themselves, they actually have the stats posted on them, and the justification.

All you nerds have is "well this one time in chardok", please son, we all know who is trying to be disingenuous (it's you).

Old 02-04-2023, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'll let my posts speak for themselves, they actually have the stats posted on them, and the justification.

All you nerds have is "well this one time in chardok", please son, we all know who is trying to be disingenuous (it's you).
I have given actual data, you have given almost all nonsense. It's very clear in the post history.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:07 PM
Sarnak

Didn't read rest of post but at 60 - not that great. For leveling until then, pretty great. That's all you really need to know.
Old 02-05-2023, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
What are you giving up? I already listed it. If you failed 1. You lost a ton of stats as Ogre from overstating in velious. As a result of your overstating, you're extremelly anemic in other areas (like dex, and wisdom, and charisma, and basically anything that isnt str and stamina). Which means other classes that arent ogres, in the same raid gear, end up with more well rounded and powerful characters.
This barely matters. The level of gear required to cap out stamina even with the buff is beyond what most players ever achieve, and it's also useful to cap it unbuffed because it gives you an extra buff slot and/or lets you not worry about letting stamina get dispelled. You're more likely to have over 200+ wisdom than 205+ stamina unbuffed, and iksars only have 13 more wisdom than ogres anyway. The ogre's fifty-two points stamina advantage over an iksar's is vastly better than thirteen points in a stat that softcaps at 200 which you can reach in non-raid gear. The gap between ogres and trolls is smaller, but their stats are so similar that no comparison is meaningful there. And ogres still have the edge.

Don't know why the fuck you're talking about dexterity and charisma. These stats do literally nothing for shamans.

Quote:
Shamans get shrink at level 19. It costs basically no mana and lasts forever (until zoning). A double-shrunk ogre is about the size of a dwarf, so no, it's not "still obnoxious to move around" when shrunk. Past classic, the dungeons generally aren't narrow enough for racial size to be a real issue, anyway. By Velious, it becomes totally irrelevant as everything is spacious even indoors.

Quote:
Ogres are handsome. Shut up.

Quote:
Nobody has ever brought up faction as an advantage in favor of ogres. What are you talking about?

Quote:
I mean, if you're incapable of comprehending basic game mechanics, I can see why you might somehow concoct the idea that avoiding interruption doesn't matter. That doesn't mean you're right.