Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 06-07-2023, 10:13 AM
Banned

Default Lev 55+ Melee Duo partner

You're an accomplished Enchanter well on your way to 60. Charming is your cup of tea. Especially when you have that solid duo partner watching your back.

You login for some duo fun. You check your friends list to see who is playing. Hmm.. no healers on.

Your friends list bounces back at you these potential duo partners near the dungeon you plan to fight in:

55 Warrior
55 Shadow Knight
55 Paladin
55 Ranger
55 Rogue
55 Monk
55 Bard

Who do you reach out to for some duo fun with your charming chanter?
Old 06-07-2023, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

paladin all day and its not even close

couple of different approaches on this one...but i prefer to ask the paladin to pull / babysit rather than focus on tanking every mob

kinda depends on camp vs. crawl, your own preferences / risk tolerances, etc

paladins just gotta be willing to tuck weenie and do what you need him to do

but in reality if you're an accomplished enchanter you're soloing and only duo if you're being nice and helping out a friend
Last edited by Toxigen; 06-07-2023 at 10:34 AM..
Old 06-07-2023, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

I’d probably go with the bard. Let them pull, load up dots and play cantana as needed. Pally is good too but I’d wait until the pal was 59 for their hot.
Old 06-07-2023, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Kinda meh on bard, honestly. Cantana isn't going to save you if things go really poorly, and I often found their mez to screw mine up.

If its an extremely good bard, sure. But given the average p99 player the answer is surely paladin. Its a far simpler / easier to execute duo.
Old 06-07-2023, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kinda meh on bard, honestly. Cantana isn't going to save you if things go really poorly, and I often found their mez to screw mine up.

If its an extremely good bard, sure. But given the average p99 player the answer is surely paladin. Its a far simpler / easier to execute duo.
Pally heals kinda suck tho pre 59. Really depends on the zone imo both can work since the enc is already doing 99% of the work.

Bard will also give enc like endless mana for mo charms.
Old 06-07-2023, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pally heals kinda suck tho pre 59. Really depends on the zone imo both can work since the enc is already doing 99% of the work.

Bard will also give enc like endless mana for mo charms.
Shouldn't be having mana issues in a duo unless you're trying to use too high level of a pet and getting frequent breaks.

But yeah, either works. I just can't stand shitty bards so my bias is showing.

@OP - between pally and bard, pick the better player / friend you like more i guess...both are greatly benefiting from your benevolence.
Old 06-07-2023, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

I wouldnt have sks, pallies, bards or rangers on my friends list
Old 06-07-2023, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shouldn't be having mana issues in a duo unless you're trying to use too high level of a pet and getting frequent breaks.

But yeah, either works. I just can't stand shitty bards so my bias is showing.

@OP - between pally and bard, pick the better player / friend you like more i guess...both are greatly benefiting from your benevolence.
Yea this is such an open ended question. If you’re in a zone like hs plowing through mobs the bard is gonna come in handy more than a Paladin. Or like lower dogs in velks you’re prob not gonna want the pally to try to heal themselves. Better to just have the bard sit back and pump like 70 dps in dots and assist in cc where needed while the enc goes through pets. Pally can’t sup heal until 57 and doesn’t have hot yet so I don’t love it. But at 60 100% would take pally over bard.

Could also make a case for sk if you have epic and boon combined with enc slow and taps the sk will probably never need to be healed.
Old 06-07-2023, 12:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldnt have sks, pallies, bards or rangers on my friends list
Accomplish making more friends then.
Old 06-07-2023, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Accomplish making more friends then.
I'm sorry your one of those classes