Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 05-13-2023, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really common misconception here about sk pets. The max one at 52 will quad for 39 and the max one at 58 will quad for 46. This is honestly no joke, and puts sks ahead of paladins for group content dps. If you’re not finding ways to utilize your pet then you’re just being inefficient(get a reclaim energy clicky). Also you have things like sk epic that do damage over time or lifetaps as needed. Pallies are great but their spells suck for doing dmg.

For raids who cares they both aren’t that great but pallies get the raid edge for sure for other reasons.
Raids all that matters tho, 5 more dps in group content isn’t making or breaking , sk won’t be using their pet on raids except like vindi/aow
Old 05-13-2023, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raids all that matters tho, 5 more dps in group content isn’t making or breaking , sk won’t be using their pet on raids except like vindi/aow
Lol why is raiding all that matters? Literal worst part of this server
Old 05-13-2023, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you don’t got raid
Old 05-13-2023, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I assumed the OP was talking dps relative to when other knights are around. Nobody cares pally vs sk for a group tank or duo/trio. Other reasons one might shine and if you have multiple knights in a group that’s kind of strange.

The best sk pet is like 25-27dps. That’s no joke.
Last edited by Snaggles; 05-13-2023 at 07:10 PM..
Old 05-14-2023, 06:45 PM
Fire Giant

As others mentioned, in raids the DPS is pretty equal. Paladins can actually win out depending on weapons being used by both, given the different weapon skill caps. In groups, or solo content, Shadowknights can pull more DPS.
Old 05-15-2023, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I assumed the OP was talking dps relative to when other knights are around. Nobody cares pally vs sk for a group tank or duo/trio. Other reasons one might shine and if you have multiple knights in a group that’s kind of strange.

The best sk pet is like 25-27dps. That’s no joke.
Yea, the max 49 to max 52 pet is an 8 level jump. getting an extra 1-1.5k hp to soak up some damage(especially HTs) comes in handy a lot in addition to the dps gain for a class that needs every bit of help it can get.

Personally if I was forming a knight trio it would be cleric/enc/SK. I'd rather have FD/snare then pally utility since that's all covered by enc/cleric anyway. But both are fun classes and the correct answer is to just have both of them.
Old 05-15-2023, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Cleric/ench/SK probably makes the most sense. You have a redundancy system of stuns, lulls, and a FD puller with snare.

A pally maybe for a trio without a cleric. Monk/sham/pally for example.

Often playing my pally I wish I had my sk’s spell kit from live. Often I’m glad I have the pally instead. Why I never got the “pally vs sk” threads. They are both great, each slightly excelling at different things. It’s not like Chevy vs Ford when one is objectively terrible (jk).
Old 05-15-2023, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

My fave trio without a cleric 55-59 is ranger, monk, necromancer. Ranger and monk counts as a knight right .... kinda?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 05-15-2023, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

All of yall are wrong, clearly shm/shm/shm is the best trio -DSM
Old 05-15-2023, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Trollocaust.