Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 05-07-2023, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tee hee i'm a girl~!!!!
(lol)
I feel like you found out about Bailey Jay and never got unmad about it.
Last edited by Cecily; 05-07-2023 at 12:24 PM..
Old 05-07-2023, 07:58 PM
Aviak

I played on Tallon Zek from 2000-2004 - mostly through highschool and first year of college. Due to the sever being a team pvp (humans, darkies, elves, shorties) there was a wide variety of social norms and customs. For example, the majority of players fell into the "humans + elves + shorties vs the darkies", so there was a lot of guilds and players that "cross teamed" based by "good vs evil" races. Many characters and guilds refused to cross team at all and were explicitly focused on their own team. A small minority - usually the heavy hitting pvp guilds - were cross-team with darkies, so anyone can join. This dynamic played out really well, you knew if you saw a darkie race somewhere they were most likely a threat, but other races - not so much. Though I would say that towards the upper tier levels, and towards 2003-2004 I felt that there was far less hostility to cross-teaming across all teams. Commonlands were largely massive pvp zone and were rarely if ever used as a trade hub. Gfay was a large trade hub for "lighties". Playing a Dark Elf, Iksar, Troll or Ogre was a far more socially unique experience for me, I felt that players who were one of these races were often far more friendlier and willing to help you because it kind of felt like you were always outnumbered.

Another fun thing was that "Magic Resist" armor was by far the most in demand and most expensive. I found it strange that on non-pvp servers MR gear didn't matter much at all.

Honestly, the 8 level range (8 levels above or below you is allowable targets for pvp) was a brilliant system that prevented hardcore griefing which I felt every other mmorpg just miserabaly suffers from. Yeah, there were highly twinked out characters, but even 8 levels above you attacking you had a chance to escape, and even a chance to somehow beat them back. It prevented lv 60s from going into a mid-range zone and just slaughtering people.

I really miss the times I had on that server a lot.
Old 05-08-2023, 04:20 AM
Planar Protector

I was on Bertoxxulious (sp?) initially, until it was merged into Terris-Thule, which was later merged into Prexus or something.

I was never involved in server politics back then and raided casual stuff like vindi/velketor/kunark dragons through Velious and Luclin, then moved on to the #2 or #3 raid guild for planes a power and raided up through PoTime.

Classic through Velious, top guild was Valon, and then later eclipsed by Clan ta Veren in Luclin maybe. I don't remember things being toxic between guilds and I had a lot of pals across a lot of guilds and levels.

Overall, excellent server from my perspective.
Old 05-08-2023, 04:59 AM
Fire Giant

I was on Tribunal from its launch until the Legends server xe out. I started two guilds and ended up having leadership of both stolen from me; Heroes of Valor and Guardians of Faydwer. I don't remember the top guild's name, but I remember the leader of it was named Crush, he was a human warrior. I also made friends with our server GM Ignaurus (aka Ignore Us) who would go on to be Yakatizma and the lead crafting developer. We're still connected on Steam and LinkedIn though we haven't chatted in a while.

I jumped servers a little bit, joining Royal Norrathian Guard on Torv or Tholuxe don't remember which. Tried Stormhammer (Legends server) and ended my career on Firiona Vie before moving on to City of Heroes.
Old 05-08-2023, 07:42 AM
Large Rat

I played on Mithaniel Marr from summer '99 to summer '03. I definately remember our trading hub being at N Freeport as well and was really disoriented to find it somewhere else here. Only had one character get past level 20, and that was my dwarven cleric Olvar who managed to hit 51. I think our guild was Council of Trust? Provider and his wife Knoxen were the guild leaders. Really miss those days...
Old 05-09-2023, 01:22 AM
Banned

Someone called me a 'fef' somewhat recently and I don't remember what that means, but I do remember that it is the Black Speech of Zek.
Old 05-09-2023, 01:30 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone called me a 'fef' somewhat recently and I don't remember what that means, but I do remember that it is the Black Speech of Zek.
that's a VZ original, and it's a bad bad word. even though it's kinda cool it came from my live server i will not use it bc i'm not evil.
Old 05-09-2023, 08:55 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-09-2023, 10:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's a VZ original, and it's a bad bad word. even though it's kinda cool it came from my live server i will not use it bc i'm not evil.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-09-2023, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

I started gaming with Ultima Online and went straight to EQ when that launched. UO had an exciting and hardcore PVP system so I naturally gravitated toward the Rallos Zek server. Later on Sullon Zek. In my experience, nothing else in gaming creates the lasting memories quite like guild wars and massive PVP battles. Raiding doesn’t compare, not even close. Back in my teenage years I remember I also really enjoyed the trash talk, the tears and drama that often accompanies PVP. Now that I’m older, I don’t really care about that aspect anymore but I still like to keep my options open with having PVP available, which is why Red is the best for me.

Rallos Zek only server to kill the Sleeper. Also Best of the Best winners…was there any doubt? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Elendil's Giveaway