Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-14-2023, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Cool

this is the bertoxx anthem of 2020 btw
Old 02-15-2023, 01:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's an interesting enough choice, as I kinda feel like the Freeport/Kelethin religions are overrepresented in the half elf population compared with the Qeynos religions. But I gotta be honest... I just don't understand Prexus. Their whole deal is like water? They worship the sea, and are into boats and whatever? Idk what that even looks like, maybe bc I've never been super impressed with water activities. Mountains are much cooler than salty seas if you're after some wholesome exercise imo.

And the Qeynos religions this weird water guy is competing with are pretty cool. Bertoxxulous and Rodcet Nife are fighting for the soul of this entire half of the continent, and they both make much more sense to me from a roleplay perspective. Plague worship is fucking metal and I've done a lot of Bertoxx rp, and Nife is literally just what you try to irl by fighting disease- easy to understand the motivation there. There's also Karana which is very whatever like Prexus. Think I've said before how I don't understand why we have a water god and a rain god, but mostly they're just not for me.

Obviously a Prexus warrior is exponentially cooler than an agnostic loser warrior, but I think maybe I need someone to exemplify good Prexus rp before I'd ever consider it on par with cool shit like Bertoxx and Nife. Erudites are big into Prexus too which I absolutely do not understand when Quellious is an option. Everyone understands the concept of peace, and compared with "the sea" tranquillity wins out every time imo.
Someone literally made a sketch that's identical to your post [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

https://youtu.be/aWBpBjdp8Hg

I normally don't link to stuff much but all I could think of was aquaman
Old 02-15-2023, 03:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's an interesting enough choice, as I kinda feel like the Freeport/Kelethin religions are overrepresented in the half elf population compared with the Qeynos religions. But I gotta be honest... I just don't understand Prexus. Their whole deal is like water? They worship the sea, and are into boats and whatever? Idk what that even looks like, maybe bc I've never been super impressed with water activities. Mountains are much cooler than salty seas if you're after some wholesome exercise imo.

And the Qeynos religions this weird water guy is competing with are pretty cool. Bertoxxulous and Rodcet Nife are fighting for the soul of this entire half of the continent, and they both make much more sense to me from a roleplay perspective. Plague worship is fucking metal and I've done a lot of Bertoxx rp, and Nife is literally just what you try to irl by fighting disease- easy to understand the motivation there. There's also Karana which is very whatever like Prexus. Think I've said before how I don't understand why we have a water god and a rain god, but mostly they're just not for me.

Obviously a Prexus warrior is exponentially cooler than an agnostic loser warrior, but I think maybe I need someone to exemplify good Prexus rp before I'd ever consider it on par with cool shit like Bertoxx and Nife. Erudites are big into Prexus too which I absolutely do not understand when Quellious is an option. Everyone understands the concept of peace, and compared with "the sea" tranquillity wins out every time imo.
See I think Prexus was done DIIIIRTY.

First up, why is he such a big deal to Erudites who really have nothing to do with the sea?

Seconly, the cultural armor of east antonica humans is ‘seafarers’ and their principal city is ‘FreePORT’.

A bunch of pirates, traders and explorers the lot of them - these are people that should be obsessed with appeasing the fickle oceans and seas!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-15-2023, 04:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First up, why is he such a big deal to Erudites who really have nothing to do with the sea?
They do live on a small ass island, stands to reason their god is sea based.
Old 02-15-2023, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Agnostic or Nameless are the only logical choice in a world where the gods are murdered within hours of spawning into their own planes of existence. Imagine worshipping Cazic Thule when he can't even defend his own Plane of Fear.
Old 02-15-2023, 10:19 AM
Banned

Rallos Zek worshippers:

Old 02-15-2023, 01:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:

Personally I would just chill in Siren's Grotto with the faction spell and perhaps in Kedge Keep's Temple of Prexus (although I'm not sure it's possible to become non-KoS to Kedge Keep's seahorses). Those two zones are the best two zones in the whole game.

RED
Xeptna Stargaze, Evoker of the 52nd Solstice
Skraaa Katau, Shaman of the 39th Season
Ashnod the Uncaring, Cleric of the 36th Sacrifice
Old 02-15-2023, 01:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:

He's a surfer dude deity. All Prexus worshippers should be played as though they just came in from surfing, hair full of sea salt, and just vibing.
Vorkas- 33 Gnome Warrior <Castle>
Hake - 50 Human Monk <Castle>
Xykz -43 Iksar Warrior<Ancient Blood>
Old 02-17-2023, 08:54 AM
Banned

Average Bertoxx worshipper

Old 02-18-2023, 02:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agnostic or Nameless are the only logical choice in a world where the gods are murdered within hours of spawning into their own planes of existence. Imagine worshipping Cazic Thule when he can't even defend his own Plane of Fear.
Afaik players only encounter avatars, not the actual gods themselves. All of the lore points to that at least.