Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really like the new ui. The only criticism I’d offer is the mouse cursor can blend in at times and the font size seems smaller on the inventory page. Too small, for me.
Yeah this is an issue with the original resolution being so small on our large resolution monitors today.

We are plotting out a roadmap to get everything to a 1:6 scale (or some variation of) of classic size or something. That will be a long road but we will do our best to get everyone with old eyesight happy, and also because hey, things were bigger on our 640 monitors in 1999, so they should be now too if we want hings to feel classic

I have a half drawn cursor. Getting upscaled pixel art is more of an art than a science so it can take anywhere from 10 minuets to 10 hours to get something to feel right once it's been up scaled. This is where the cursor 1:6 scale project is:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I put this one in the game and it actually felt close, so I am going to polish it up and see if it feels good enough. I will try to get this done before the launch of green but cant promise it will get in but will try!
Old 10-15-2019, 09:53 AM
Orc

Why aren't we using this!?

https://www.eqinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4726

This super duper classic skin already exists! NOTE: I still love and appreciate all the hard work being done, but using an out of era UI feels....odd?
Old 10-15-2019, 09:54 AM
Fire Giant

I thought maybe changing resolutions would fix the inventory troubles I Was having with text but seems to scale with resolution. That would be my main complaint at this point. Text was bigger yesterday, maybe scaling the inventory window back up somewhat... I'd rather the marble buttons be harder to read than the values like HP AC XP Stats etc.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:06 AM
Kobold

Amazing work, big Thank You to all involved!
Old 10-15-2019, 10:45 AM
Aviak

I love it. The UI looks great! I'm loving more classic elements being brought forward and the UI.

Thanks to the team bringing us a great UI, spending your free time and resources to make our experiences a more nostalgic. You all rock!
Old 10-15-2019, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue supports user-optional UI's which should ideally include this near-as-practical classic one. Hence it's preferable to retain support for blue features when possible.

Danth
Also, people forget: Green means vanilla/classic now but the server is going to progress over time, and it will get back almost every removed feature (ie. not pet windows or custom UI, but pretty much everything else).

It would be short-sighted for "The Green UI" to remove stuff in a way that can't easily be undone, and if it's possible for them to just support "start of Green" and "end of Green" with a single version that'd probably be ideal.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-15-2019 at 11:05 AM..
Old 10-15-2019, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

One day that beggar will be saying "Spare a copper" over and over [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2019, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

BTW, I saw this today and it reminded me of what all the brave UI editors here are fighting against:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

To be fair, EQ will still probably feel like that to someone totally new to RPGs ... but at least it won't look as busy as a modern MMO.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:14 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throatseeker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why aren't we using this!?

https://www.eqinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4726

This super duper classic skin already exists! NOTE: I still love and appreciate all the hard work being done, but using an out of era UI feels....odd?
Old 10-15-2019, 11:32 AM
Fire Giant

Is there a way to change the transparent background of the entire UI at one stroke, or is the only way to change all the individual windows manually? If not, can we have the default be solid black (for ease of reading/seeing) and people can then go in and make what they want transparent if they want to?
Closed Thread