Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 09-14-2023, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

Default Game doesnt start

So I login via launch titanium, and get into login server and select blue and log in, and it goes to the next screen and loads fully then bounces me back to the login screen...

this is a brand new laptop iam trying to play on, and i copied/pasted folder from my old laptop to this - resolution and everything is ok, and it works fine on the old laptop, but not on this new one...

can someone help enlighten me?
Old 09-15-2023, 02:28 AM
Sarnak

I reinstalled with fresh win 10 and still same symptom where I’m logging in after the login server and after the first bar fills up, it kicks me off… any thoughts???
Old 09-15-2023, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

EQ doesnt like processors that have a base frequency is over 200mhz or if your CPU speed is over 4.2ghz. You will need to downclock your CPU to 4ghz using some software like WINEQ2 or ryzen-master.
Last edited by leewong; 09-15-2023 at 12:25 PM..
Old 09-15-2023, 09:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by holaneko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I reinstalled with fresh win 10 and still same symptom where I’m logging in after the login server and after the first bar fills up, it kicks me off… any thoughts???
This is a common error when you have mismatched ini resolutions regarding your original desktop environment.

Try to open eq.ini and look into the resolutions in there and reset them to a low one, usually 1024x768 both for windowed and fullscreen modes.

This has happened to me before when porting installs to laptops, sometimes the new gpu in the laptop has issues rendering certain resolutions due to the old directx it comes with.

Also check out the Aspect ratio, eq as far as I recall does not support anything weird or "fancy" beyond 4:3 or 16:9

So in short, try 1366×768, 1920×1080 and 1024×768, 1600×1200, start with the lowest ones then keep changing to bigger ones until it busts again.
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 09-15-2023, 11:58 PM
Sarnak

Hrm… I tried resetting windowed only to 800x600 and still didn’t work but lemme try ur details and hope it works - I’ll keep u posted and thnx for ur feedback
Old 09-16-2023, 12:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by leewong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ doesnt like processors that have a base frequency is over 200mhz or if your CPU speed is over 4.2ghz. You will need to downclock your CPU to 4ghz using some software like WINEQ2 or ryzen-master.
I was thinking this or port issue… but lemme try resolution thing first and if it doesn’t work, I’ll try this - btw thnx for ur ui update and if I can get three hot bars in blue with urs, I’m down to make a huge surgery!
Old 09-16-2023, 01:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a common error when you have mismatched ini resolutions regarding your original desktop environment.

Try to open eq.ini and look into the resolutions in there and reset them to a low one, usually 1024x768 both for windowed and fullscreen modes.

This has happened to me before when porting installs to laptops, sometimes the new gpu in the laptop has issues rendering certain resolutions due to the old directx it comes with.

Also check out the Aspect ratio, eq as far as I recall does not support anything weird or "fancy" beyond 4:3 or 16:9

So in short, try 1366×768, 1920×1080 and 1024×768, 1600×1200, start with the lowest ones then keep changing to bigger ones until it busts again.
Sigh this didn’t work… gonna try wut leekwong advised and hope that solves it
Old 09-16-2023, 10:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by leewong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok so this is crappy Cerelon so I was at 1.5 ghz…

However - I had the Eq folder on the desktop and moved that into c:/ and it works now!!!
Old 09-16-2023, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

Grats on figuring it out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Enjoy your stay!