Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 10:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AKA like I said, it's basically no different than paying for power level except it isn't even a plat sink.
Oh yes it is. Paying someone else to PL you = group/player interdependence and interaction.

Using red wands to insta kill mobs at a profit each cycle solo on your warrior, is counter to group/player interdependence.

Many more examples. Shaman soloing with rechargeable puppet strings instead of inviting a enchanter comes to mind. Skipping grouping in over-there to hunt braids for faction and instead just using rechargeable puppet strings to get your hammer, etc.

Charges with POWERFUL effects were added to put a limit on that item's power. Recharging at vendors throws that limit out the window and disrupts game balance.

Blue is too far gone (which is why everyone has left it for green/teal). But there is no reason to make the same mudflation mistake on green/teal.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh yes it is. Paying someone else to PL you = group/player interdependence and interaction.

Using red wands to insta kill mobs at a profit each cycle solo on your warrior, is counter to group/player interdependence.

Many more examples. Shaman soloing with rechargeable puppet strings instead of inviting a enchanter comes to mind. Skipping grouping in over-there to hunt braids for faction and instead just using rechargeable puppet strings to get your hammer, etc.

Charges with POWERFUL effects were added to put a limit on that item's power. Recharging at vendors throws that limit out the window and disrupts game balance.

Blue is too far gone (which is why everyone has left it for green/teal). But there is no reason to make the same mudflation mistake on green/teal.
Doesn't matter. Shit's classic.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't matter. Shit's classic.

Tell that to Ivander hoop dreams.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tell that to Ivander hoop dreams.
I think you're denying the antecedent.

That an unclassic change has happened before doesn't mean an unclassic change should happen now.
Old 11-21-2019, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I think you're denying the antecedent.

That an unclassic change has happened before doesn't mean an unclassic change should happen now.
Classic for classic sake is one thing but when, in the attempt to keep things pure, we end up potentially causing havoc and creating a non-classic environment, how do we resolve this dissonance?

Who is the arbiter for these decisions?

Who decided Red should have no item recharging at all and Green/Teal should?
Old 11-21-2019, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

Why argue w Tecmos? The guy will callously defend anything representing his personal interess.
Old 11-21-2019, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why argue w Tecmos? The guy will callously defend anything representing his personal interess.
I'm trying to have a discussion. How would they be biased in this discussion considering all of have equal access to item recharging.
Old 11-21-2019, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by this user was banned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic for classic sake is one thing but when, in the attempt to keep things pure, we end up potentially causing havoc and creating a non-classic environment, how do we resolve this dissonance?

Who is the arbiter for these decisions?

Who decided Red should have no item recharging at all and Green/Teal should?
nilbog is.

See my signature.

I guess Rogean with red though. I think he was the guy behind that. I'm not sure.
Old 11-21-2019, 01:55 PM
Fire Giant

I think the experience would be better without recharging stuff unless it’s a quest recharge. I also think there’s a big difference between ‘keeping things classic’ and ‘keeping things in the spirit of classic’. Sometimes the ‘keeping things classic’ definition is exploited in the current era where people were largely ignorant of current knowledge back in the day. As someone that played classic blue, you see this effect again with green/teal. Back in blue classic there was still some ignorance and mystery- now that feeling is completely destroyed. The cat was half out of the bag in blue classic, now it’s completely out and dead on the floor on green/teal.

Item recharging is a way of life for people, and a staple for raid guilds. In classic not many people used this. Current rechargeable items would become more valuable without recharging which is a good thing, right?
Last edited by Razdeline; 11-21-2019 at 01:58 PM..
Old 11-21-2019, 01:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I guess Rogean with red though. I think he was the guy behind that. I'm not sure.
If they are each in charge of their individual servers then I can see why there would be different decisions made.

It might be nice if we had some sort of community decision making here, but that's assuming everyone can be mature about it, which, from seeing some forum posts here, that might be asking a lot.

In the end, it's their servers running their code and we pay nothing for it so I really can't complain. I really do appreciate what they have done so far despite some decisions that I don't quite agree with.
Closed Thread