Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

For my next test I will compare Rogue Sneak vs Rogue Strafesneak. You know, maybe I won't. Don't need to fuel the fire that much.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah man just do the jump test and call it a day thats a legitimate pro strat that has a percent difference in speed if executed professionally.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Listen up smelly Norrath scum and sexy Dark Elf ladies!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

At great personal expense and at the risk of damaging relations with my irreplaceable personal trainer, I have established an exclusive running track from Oasis/NRo zone (-1870x) to the first palm tree by the idiot fisherhumans. (1945x):

I ran from the palm tree to the zoneline, then strafed back. I then strafed to the zone line, and ran back, each time using the same route

Results are 2:08 and 2:10 running, and 1:53 and 1:55 strafing.

This represent a rough 13% decrease in travel time. In theoretical terms a strafing JBooter is 148% run speed vs SoW runner at 155%.

In practical terms if you're making the popular Neriak - Guk run, you will save 1 minute by strafing, assuming no other speed enhancements.
Amazing.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:28 PM
Sarnak

This is an exploit.

Surely there is precedent on Blue for doing away with exploits, even those not caused by an obvious programming error, rather than accepting them?

Do specious, greedy, lazy arguments that declare they are "features" or "mechanics the player should know about" hold sway here?

Boxing is, to the people that wish to exploit it, "classic," but is it allowed here?
Last edited by GnomeCaptain; 11-01-2019 at 07:33 PM..
Old 11-01-2019, 07:46 PM
Sarnak

This is classic. Remember learning this in 1999 as well. There is zero chance they are changing this, and also it’s not an exploit. Try strafe running irl... you’d be surprised by the results.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:49 PM
Banned

it feels like jumping adds to the strafe run speed in my experience
pls test
Old 11-01-2019, 07:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg822 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is classic. Remember learning this in 1999 as well. There is zero chance they are changing this, and also it’s not an exploit. Try strafe running irl... you’d be surprised by the results.
Woke up in the hospital. I had some oversteer after some IRL lag and ended up head to head with a three thousand stone metal rhino.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is an exploit.
No it’s not
Old 11-01-2019, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg822 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try strafe running irl... you’d be surprised by the results.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

Attention all servants and/or victims of our one true Dark God!

His glorious vessel brings news for all those interested in furthering their cardiovascular fitness, as a jumping regimen has now been specified.

First in order to re-establish what my trainer called a baseline, I warmed up by running back and forth in the normal sexy manner and being timed at 2:08 and 2:10, which were identical to the previous times. Enraged at this lack of progress, I fed my trainer to the Nine Spiders.

Lacking proper professional guidance, I ran the same two laps again this time jumping as much as my endurance would allow, which was 23 jumps each way. My times were 2:04 each way, an improvement of 4-6 seconds.

Lastly, I called the Nine Spiders out, their digestion requiring proper exercise, and we left on a strafe with extra calisthenics as shown above.

We strafed in a graceful manner across the beach twice to the setting sun, each time again managing 23 jumps. When the timer told me the times were 1:53 and 1:56 his throat was cut and the Spiders drank his blood. He offered his opinion that jumping actually propelled me in a direction which was at an angle to my actual movement, thereby negating any advantage that a runner would have if they jumped in the direction of their travel. He was right of course, but I don't take comments from food.

Jumping while running forward will increase your travel speed by 4% if you run about 4000 units, however the longer you run the less the benefit because you're front-loading your endurance.

Jumping while strafing will not increase your travel speed. It will however alter your line of travel over time because you do actually move in a different direction to your intended travel (which you don't have to worry about because after this you will never strafe-jump again).
Last edited by BlackBellamy; 11-01-2019 at 11:24 PM..
Closed Thread