Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 01:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
VP key requires Trak tooth - plz explain plan for soloing Trakanon heh
Well assuming you have infinite time in any and all patch timelines you want from p99 you could conceivably load up about 100 pre-nerf Ivandyr's Hoops on corpses and maybe knock trak below 97% before getting shroomed, then get summoned back without getting any adds on one of your million attempts and spam those hoops to kill him. Would need to set up a really fast method of looting/using/destroying them though.
Theoretically you might even be able to kill some VP dragons and all the Kunark world dragons with the hoop.
In order to make any of that work though you'd need to be able to retain somewhere around 100 corpses, maybe a lot more than that depending on dragon regen, and you'd need to get each corpse a hoop and probably a reaper, and then you'd need to have like a monk or something drag all of them into Traks lair, and then you'd probably need to solo Prot and a jugg or 2 somehow before Trak, and you'd need to maintain level 60, all within a 1 week corpse time-frame, so you'd probably need to use a Bard, Paladin, or Cleric to actually kill Trak, or really anything requiring a massive corpse pile since you cant duel anyone to prevent XP loss.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:15 AM
Sarnak

This thread makes my head hurt.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:16 AM
Fire Giant

Being trapped in norrath for eternity was an episode of black mirror
Old 03-13-2019, 02:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being trapped in norrath for eternity was an episode of black mirror
Got a season and episode number?
Old 03-13-2019, 08:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castigate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well assuming you have infinite time in any and all patch timelines you want from p99 you could conceivably load up about 100 pre-nerf Ivandyr's Hoops on corpses and maybe knock trak below 97% before getting shroomed, then get summoned back without getting any adds on one of your million attempts and spam those hoops to kill him. Would need to set up a really fast method of looting/using/destroying them though.
Theoretically you might even be able to kill some VP dragons and all the Kunark world dragons with the hoop.
In order to make any of that work though you'd need to be able to retain somewhere around 100 corpses, maybe a lot more than that depending on dragon regen, and you'd need to get each corpse a hoop and probably a reaper, and then you'd need to have like a monk or something drag all of them into Traks lair, and then you'd probably need to solo Prot and a jugg or 2 somehow before Trak, and you'd need to maintain level 60, all within a 1 week corpse time-frame, so you'd probably need to use a Bard, Paladin, or Cleric to actually kill Trak, or really anything requiring a massive corpse pile since you cant duel anyone to prevent XP loss.
Assuming actual classic mechanics are in play (and not present P99 meta), it would need to be on a PVP server to avoid exp death from corpsing BUT proper mechanics are corpse only lasts something like 24hrs of logged in play time. It would decay slower if you were offline.

You would be one super stressed individual lol. There is also that wand of 255 charges of PBAoE which is insta click (not sure if that is classic, sounds suspicious but dunno).

I have doubts that Velious raid mobs could ever be soloed, even with infinite time. With abilities like rampage it will prevent charm strats.

You bring up a good point of looting / destroying / utilizing the item solo with mobs that can potentially quad you in 1 round (remember you won't be Aego buffed or anything).

I think each corpse would need a DA idol, so you would hoop down mob / soulfire self / DA. Loot while DA, destroy hoop, loot new hoop, repeat. Keep DS pot on self for extra damage. Sheer time commitment would be immense to prevent the corpse rotting.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Trak would out regen hoop non sense, a tick would erase each hoop nearly so if you dont apply next hoop before tick you lose progress
Old 03-13-2019, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Felt Nostalgic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got a season and episode number?
I can remember the names....

San Junipero
USS Calister
Playtest
White Christmas

All kinda have that vibe

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 03-13-2019, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Does he really regen that fast? Isn't a hoop ~200hp x 6 charges = 1,200hp/tick?

I'm not sure if damage shields affect mobs when beating on you during DA, but if you have DS Pot + Mage DS (from that potion for wiz epic or even a self DS) you can drain maybe an additional 50hp/attack, maybe get hit 6 times per tick = +300hp, effectively 1,500hp/tick.

Remember we'd be talking true classic mechanics, weren't water pets immune to either poison or disease (maybe both?). Perhaps they would be immune to the AoE, so if you DA'd close to track, he should still prioritize you as a target over the pet which would lend additional DPS.

Assuming you could maybe do ideally 1,600hp/tick with the above strat. And trak has 32k HP, you would need to have a bare minimum of 20 corpses with hoop / DA idol / occassional soulfire on each.

Assuming each corpse retrieval / refresh is 1 tick, that is 20 ticks of regen to factor in (unsure what his in combat regen is).
Old 03-13-2019, 10:57 AM
Kobold

Doesn't Trak also lifetap?

Stack that on top of all the other regen.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

yeah each trak proc is 1500 dmg lifetap

It would be impossible to solo him in velious
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread