Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: (Choose one or more) Which class would you like to see being played more?
Enchanter 16 8.56%
Magician 21 11.23%
Necromancer 6 3.21%
Wizard 38 20.32%
Cleric 42 22.46%
Druid 10 5.35%
Shaman 9 4.81%
Bard 21 11.23%
Monk 11 5.88%
Ranger 24 12.83%
Rogue 15 8.02%
Paladin 61 32.62%
Shadow Knight 23 12.30%
Warrior 21 11.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Not so much a class but a playstyle--enchanters, necromancers, and druids who consistently keep a charmed pet when grouped. The more people play those classes that way, the less people will assume paladins are garbage.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempoguy80 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a cleric main I find it more difficult to get groups vs when I'm on my rogue. Mostly I think its because if a group already has a cleric they don't want 2, but no one complains about 2 rogues. I voted enchanter though because I hardly ever see them around.
I've been in double-cleric groups. They were fun - the higher level handled buffs, cc, stuns/dps, patch heals and some pulling, while the lower handled most of the healing. It's a nice change to the playstyle now and then. Plus when the cleric dies, there's one right there to rez them back!

Cleric LFG!

-Mcoy
Old 03-09-2019, 11:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not so much a class but a playstyle--enchanters, necromancers, and druids who consistently keep a charmed pet when grouped. The more people play those classes that way, the less people will assume paladins are garbage.
The problem with finding those is they no longer need the group.
Old 03-10-2019, 05:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree broadly but I'm not getting the Paladin connection.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter, Shaman, and Monk

We need more.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
snap aggro.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

0 votes for Beastlords. I guess it is the most abundant class on the server...

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Old 03-10-2019, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladins can make pet breaks nearly uneventful by alternating stuns to lock down the loose pet, preventing most if not all of its hasted damage, or by tossing out various heals to keep the pure caster alive so the priest can continue to cheal/torpor and canni uninterrupted.

As mentioned above, snap aggro itself is usually enough so other hybrids fill the role adequately. But sometimes aggro doesn't snap and resists inexplicably occur one after the other on the pure caster's end. Having those backup heals just minimizes the risk a bit more. The only incompatible spell paladins have is flash of light which, if it isn't resisted/hasn't worn off, will cause the pet to flee once recharmed. But, even then, flash of light doesn't last long enough to be an issue in most settings.
Last edited by Ennewi; 03-10-2019 at 01:35 PM..
Old 03-10-2019, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

Tanks are typically the hardest thing to find when pickup grouping imo, particularly off the beaten path. Pick up groups would do well do pick up a knight even if they have a warrior aready.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tanks are typically the hardest thing to find when pickup grouping imo, particularly off the beaten path. Pick up groups would do well do pick up a knight even if they have a warrior aready.
Yeah, but everyone on this server are so focused on the top end min/max that knights have been dismissed from, that they ignore them when they come out to play.
Closed Thread