Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-06-2023, 09:47 AM
Kobold

Post Rot/Rotting might be broken (At least on Necromancers)

Hello fellow people. I've recently come across an issue that might impact the leveling efficiency of those that much enjoy the joys of rot/rooting mobs. To test this, you gotta pull a mob and have them root them in place, without having them hit you, casts dots on him, and watch his hp % drop. Then after you've done that test, try again by rooting them in place or if they were in movement, having them hit you before you start doting them or dot+fear, and study their hp, you will see the big difference, it acts as if the game only detects if the mob has stopped moving if they were static previous to the root or if they were moving, you or your pet, or your group mate needs to have the mob hit them to have their position updated.

Share your tests, i have done this already so many times, and is broken, and what's worse, without being able to watch DOT damage, a lot of people might be wasting their time thinking they're doing things right.
Old 04-06-2023, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

did you check the wiki?
Old 04-06-2023, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

filed under reasons to play TAKP
Old 04-06-2023, 01:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
did you check the wiki?
What about? No, i didn't see anything related to the subject. All i do know is that the mechanic is broken, if a mob is moving and you root him, is in fact, not moving anymore, and you shouldn't have to get hit or have someone melee the mob to make him take full dot damage.
Old 04-06-2023, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

we'll have to get loramin on this right away
Old 04-06-2023, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzHaN80 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about? No, i didn't see anything related to the subject. All i do know is that the mechanic is broken, if a mob is moving and you root him, is in fact, not moving anymore, and you shouldn't have to get hit or have someone melee the mob to make him take full dot damage.
iirc its because P99 is in an era when verant devs got pissed that mechanics were being used unintended

this was one of those nerfs that was like immediately reverted but it's stuck here because p99 is stuck in time

whatever the case is, it's stupid

QOL Features? Go F yourself!! -P99 devs
Old 04-06-2023, 06:02 PM
Sarnak

Very interesting. I'll try to see if I can replicate this on different classes. It has felt like dot damage has been pretty erratic recently, but I couldn't figure out the pattern.

Thanks for pointing this out.

cheers,

Astuce
Old 04-06-2023, 06:04 PM
Aviak

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ght=Ghost+root

It’s a bug where rooted mobs doesn’t realise they’re stationary until someone gets in their melee range, broken implementation of the anti-kite mechanic (which was poorly thought out to begin with, dot kiting one mob is bad but go ahead and quad that’s fine!)
Old 04-06-2023, 07:35 PM
Sarnak

literally move one pixel to the right or left. once they pivot they realize they(the game) are stationary
Old 04-06-2023, 08:30 PM
Fire Giant

According to the coders, this fix is equally important as the vendor at the bottom of runneye selling the proper amount of Muffins. So you can expect a fix in 2028