Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 08-23-2023, 12:49 AM
Fire Giant

Yes, yes. Go ahead and ignore your hilarious misuse of a word you've repeated 3-5 times so far even after being corrected twice DSM2.0.

WALL.jpg
Old 08-23-2023, 01:12 AM
Sarnak

Think about that a little more. You'll figure it out. You going to ignore your trying to argue a necro can heal as well as a cleric for xp?
Old 08-23-2023, 08:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love Druids, not knocking them, they are max raid support and are underrated in groups. They are one of the main reasons rangers suck. I don't think it's good advice to start a Druid to make platinum that's all. I see this advice a lot and its bad.
Sorry you don’t know any good rangers with 91% self haste and ToV weapons.
Old 08-23-2023, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

Is Lampolo DSM?
Oops Karanas already picked it.
Last edited by Duik; 08-23-2023 at 08:44 AM..
Old 08-23-2023, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best static trio I've ever had was cleric/enchanter/bard. Mana for days, tons of cc to mitigate bad pulls, great steady health regen, didn't feel like there was a lack of dps either.
Meh, cleric / enc / bard is actually not great. The bard doesn't do much there. Too much overlap and your only damage is the enc pet...its "too safe."

True story:

Best XP trio I ever participated in (and I'm an enchanter main) was on my rogue.

Rogue + monk + bard, all with fungis / epics, monk had beads, bard had eye helm. Bard and I were level 56, monk was 57.

Literal non-stop killing for 4 hours at Slabs in the Hole (when the ZEM was insane). We were poaching golems and whatever else we could get from docks, too. All 3 of us were baller players which helped with not taking unnecessary damage, but that bard pumped insane health on top of all the CC.

You could hear the docks group crying for cigarettes because of how hard they had been fucked by a 3 man group of melees.

Troxx is right of course. A well played bard is a force to be reckoned with.

This Lampolo joker is the type of player that will never improve. Stuck in their own thoughts on whats possible and what isn't.

Which brings me back to my original point: bard and necro is damn near healing overkill for 95% of XP groups.
Last edited by Toxigen; 08-23-2023 at 09:58 AM..
Old 08-23-2023, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trying to argue that necros can heal as well as clerics for xp is very reminiscent of DSM trying to argue for the sake of Shamans.
Nobody ever said necros heal as well as clerics lol. What was said was that a necro and bard can heal 95% of content - and they can. Between necro heal over time and the bard giving everyone an additional 50+ hp/tick … healing is trivial most places. For hardest content you will want a dedicated healer with “blast heal” potential for burst/danger. For those instances you will want any of the priests. Druids and Shamans fill this role just fine for 100% of group content. Clerics of course manage this role the easiest.

There really isn’t any group content needs a cleric …

I mean seriously we all know a 60 shaman can solo/duo about everything the group game has to offer.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 08-23-2023 at 09:58 AM..
Old 08-23-2023, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There really isn’t any group content needs a cleric …
Gotta be careful here, Troxx my boy.

Need to define it as "XP group content."

There are a lot of targets that can be done in a single group that you definitely want CH for.
Old 08-23-2023, 10:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
The sentiment in this thread that mag and nec are a great choice for someone who wants to casually solo I can agree with. Good points.

I love Druids, not knocking them, they are max raid support and are underrated in groups. They are one of the main reasons rangers suck. I don't think it's good advice to start a Druid to make platinum that's all. I see this advice a lot and its bad.

Listing what spells or abilities a class has means nothing. Can you all stop trying to mislead noobs with technical vagrancies. Stop listing a bunch of random shit, might as well throw in dwarf roll.

I am not raid centric. When I play this game it's mostly a mix of farming in duos and trios between raids. I enjoy xping as much as anything. I like to xp like I farm. Max efficiency. When it comes to xp, none of the classes I listed are S teir. The best XP combinations from duo+ are as follows. enc/clr, enc/clr/war, enc/clr/war/mnk, enc/clr/war/mnk/rog the last spot is debatable imo, the rest are not. This is especially true before the xp penalties are lifted.
What the actual fuck are you talking about? Necro is S tier solo. High tier duo partner

ENC CLR WAR is not as efficient as NEC NEC or NEC ENC or NEC DRU or NEC SHM. war needs heals. charm pets dont. ever heard of feign death? very broken ability. How about instant click self invis?

WAR is not good for exp. WAR cannot hold aggro over a PAL or SK... once again.

You know nothing.
Last edited by zelld52; 08-23-2023 at 10:47 AM..
Old 08-23-2023, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

FWIW enc / necro is better than enc / cleric for XP. Hope this helps.
Old 08-23-2023, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gotta be careful here, Troxx my boy.

Need to define it as "XP group content."

There are a lot of targets that can be done in a single group that you definitely want CH for.
Yeah, I addressed that in an earlier reply. Guardian Wurms are a good example. Xp groups in Sirens Grotto or DN rats along with the deepest darkest corners of Seb are great examples.

But point taken. XP group content. Nobody hunts wurms for xp and for those hard camps where a Cheal is preferred are not places that people typically go for XP … at least not these days.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2