Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 08-22-2023, 01:57 PM
Sarnak

The bottleneck for xp is always dps or heals/tank. Just cause a class can do it doesn't really mean anything. The bard/necro comment about heals is a misleading thing to say.
Old 08-22-2023, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

The hybrid exp penalties have been gone on all 3 servers for quite some time now.

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t think you’ve ever grouped with a good bard.
Old 08-22-2023, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Two melee clerics is all you need to dps 95% of single group XP stuff.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-22-2023, 02:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bottleneck for xp is always dps or heals/tank.
bottleneck for exp is usually lack of mobs for me.
Old 08-22-2023, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bottleneck for xp is always dps or heals/tank. Just cause a class can do it doesn't really mean anything. The bard/necro comment about heals is a misleading thing to say.
How to say "I'm bad at this game" without saying I'm bad at this game.
Old 08-22-2023, 03:23 PM
Sarnak

Paladins are damn good at holding group aggro.
Old 08-22-2023, 03:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bottleneck for exp is usually lack of mobs for me.
Might want to leave kc
Old 08-22-2023, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No it really isn’t. I have solo main healed standard easy xp groups on my bard (low-tier difficulty BS like Karnors). I have also main healed similar and harder groups on my necromancer.

Necromancer and bard together (assuming they don’t suck) is overkill healing for most all group content save the toughest 5-10% … without breaking a sweat.

With a good instrument a bard can give everyone over 50hp a tick continuous health regeneration (Nivs + hymn of restoration or 55 cantana). Toss in necro heal over times and it’s easy street.

Perhaps you just suck?

Mob dps really isn’t bad in places like the Hole or KC. It’s not hard to heal. For places like DN rats, Sirens grotto and deepest/darkest corners of Seb or Chardok you will some sort of dedicated healer with blast heal potential.

When I grouped with my bard I put clerics to sleep. They didn’t have anything to do.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 08-22-2023 at 04:48 PM..
Old 08-22-2023, 06:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t think you’ve ever grouped with a good bard.
Best static trio I've ever had was cleric/enchanter/bard. Mana for days, tons of cc to mitigate bad pulls, great steady health regen, didn't feel like there was a lack of dps either.
Old 08-22-2023, 08:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
No it really isn’t. I have solo main healed standard easy xp groups on my bard (low-tier difficulty BS like Karnors). I have also main healed similar and harder groups on my necromancer.

Necromancer and bard together (assuming they don’t suck) is overkill healing for most all group content save the toughest 5-10% … without breaking a sweat.

With a good instrument a bard can give everyone over 50hp a tick continuous health regeneration (Nivs + hymn of restoration or 55 cantana). Toss in necro heal over times and it’s easy street.

Perhaps you just suck?

Mob dps really isn’t bad in places like the Hole or KC. It’s not hard to heal. For places like DN rats, Sirens grotto and deepest/darkest corners of Seb or Chardok you will some sort of dedicated healer with blast heal potential.

When I grouped with my bard I put clerics to sleep. They didn’t have anything to do.
Your pace is weak or your mobs are weak for your level, probably both.