Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-12-2022, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disagree. The data shows mage does more damage than shaman and the facts show the group has all the utility it needs and shaman brings largely redundant things. You can SAY the extra DPS from a mage isn't helping but that's just factually incorrect. Again we're talking about a group that doesn't really need ANYTHING from a 4th player. But more dps > healing full hp targets or slowing already slowed targets. Regardless of how much dps or whether or not you get more PH's. Shaman opens up VERY FEW things. Mage also opens up things so thats irrelevant also.
The data shows the DPS increase is irrelevant, and you haven't shown why DPS helps when you are no longer getting additional kills per hour in the session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remember when you said "you mad bro"? You think you're in a position to lecture someone about how to deal with a response you don't like?

I'm not going to let you forget that now, you hypocrite. It'll be a constant reminder of how full of shit you are.
I have the right to defend myself. I didn't start the insults. You did. I am just responding in kind. If you don't want to be insulted, don't start insulting people. It is pretty obvious who the aggressor was when I posted that comment. It was you. I see you still haven't posted the comment I was responding to[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I thought it would make you look good?
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-12-2022 at 07:57 PM..
Old 09-12-2022, 07:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The data shows the DPS increase is irrelevant, and you haven't shown why DPS helps when you are no longer getting additional kills per hour in the session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyxthryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's continue our civil discussion guys!

According to DSM, you would not Malo/Slow mobs dying in 30 seconds. In the context of a high level fast-paced killing DPS group, this would presumably be most mobs.

What value does a Shaman add to Enc/Enc/Clr group over a Mage if the Shaman will (as has been irrefutably stated by DSM in this thread) not utilize Malo or Slow for most of the mobs the group is killing hehe? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have the right to defend myself.
I have a right to defend myself from a poster who ignores my posts while making accusations (that are false) and making claims (that are unsubstantiated and false) about me.

I have admitted to zero trolling. Quite the contrary! In irrefutable fact - which you cannot refute - I have challenged you calling me a troll and have asked you to provide proof/evidence of my "trolling". You have not provided - and seemingly cannot provide - any evidence that supports your claim, hence your claim is unsubstantiated - and false.

Your post would seem to indicate that you believe that others "want to shut you up"? Oh quite the contrary! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I have been attempting to continue having a civil discussion with you, but you have repeatedly ignored my posts and dodged my questions hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
The hundreds of insult/meme posts don't help your case either.
I have not insulted or attacked you, I have posted zero memes. Please provide evidence to support your claim that I have engaged in any such activity on this (or any other) thread, else your claim is both unsubstantiated and false.

Quote:
You can provide evidence for your claims or admit defeat at any time.
I submit this entire thread and both of our entire post histories as evidence. You have not provided - and seemingly cannot provide - any counter-evidence.

Quote:
It is sad you think you can win an argument with just insults/memes/trolling, and no evidence.
Your post would seem to imply that you believe that we are arguing. This is intended to be a civil discussion - not an argument.

Again, you bring up accusations of insults/memes/trolling, but you have provided no evidence of me doing any such activities. I present this thread and both of our post histories as evidence, and you have not provided - and seemingly cannot provide - any counter-evidence.

If you are capable of engaging in civil discussion to back up your points with data that is relevant to the discussion, you may choose to start replying and doing so (rather than calling me a troll) at any time hehe. It really isn't hard. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In the event that this post is ignored, I submit it as further evidence that DSM has ignored my posts hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by cyxthryth; 09-12-2022 at 08:03 PM..
Old 09-12-2022, 08:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
I have. You just probably dismissed it cause it doesn't suit your agenda. Literally any amount of damage gain is better than healing full hp or slowing already slowed. That is ZERO net gain to the group. Even 1 dps is a small net gain. Even if it only means you're killing extra trash mobs or have extra AFK time between spawn cycles. It's still objectively better (admittedly only slightly in this case) than less DPS and completely unnecessary extra heals/slows or whatever other bullshit. You can only argue shaman is better if the cleric is unable to keep everyone topped off without going OOM or for some reason the enchanters cant slow or something. Which will never fucking happen to any halfway decent group of players with this group makeup. Which again is assumed the players are good and know what they're doing.

You have nothing but an opinion/preference to back your claims here. No data supports it. All the data supports mage.
Old 09-12-2022, 08:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I have the right to defend myself.
And we have the right to call you out on your bullshit.

So, get off your high horse for once in your life, filth.
Old 09-12-2022, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have. You just probably dismissed it cause it doesn't suit your agenda. Literally any amount of damage gain is better than healing full hp or slowing already slowed. That is ZERO net gain to the group. Even 1 dps is a small net gain. Even if it only means you're killing extra trash mobs or have extra AFK time between spawn cycles. It's still objectively better (admittedly only slightly in this case) than less DPS and completely unnecessary extra heals/slows or whatever other bullshit. You can only argue shaman is better if the cleric is unable to keep everyone topped off without going OOM or for some reason the enchanters cant slow or something. Which will never fucking happen to any halfway decent group of players with this group makeup. Which again is assumed the players are good and know what they're doing.

You have nothing but an opinion/preference to back your claims here. No data supports it. All the data supports mage.
No, you have not explained why 1 DPS is superior. It offers nothing if you aren't gaining more kills per hour. You just keep pretending you explained it somewhere.
Old 09-12-2022, 08:11 PM
Orc

this thread
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot from 2022-09-12 17-08-14.jpg (23.6 KB, 1 views)
Old 09-12-2022, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And we have the right to call you out on your bullshit.

So, get off your high horse for once in your life, filth.
You don't have the right to call out "my bullshit", because you haven't provided any evidence to suggest I am bullshitting. Again, you just think you are right because other people agree with you.
Old 09-12-2022, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

39 pages to go, we can do it boys
Old 09-12-2022, 08:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
No, you have not explained why 1 DPS is superior. It offers nothing if you aren't gaining more kills per hour. You just keep pretending you explained it somewhere.
More DPS (for example, "1 more DPS") does not "offer nothing" - it "offers" the mobs dying faster. This irrefutable fact has already been stated to you/explained to you multiple times hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Why did you need this pointed out to you yet again?
Old 09-12-2022, 08:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
you haven't provided any evidence to suggest I am bullshitting
Sounds familiar hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You haven't provided any evidence to suggest I am trolling.

I have admitted to zero trolling. Quite the contrary! In irrefutable fact - which you cannot refute - I have challenged you calling me a troll and have asked you to provide proof/evidence of my "trolling". You have not provided - and seemingly cannot provide - any evidence that supports your claim, hence your claim is unsubstantiated - and false.

Your post would seem to indicate that you believe that others "want to shut you up"? Oh quite the contrary! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I have been attempting to continue having a civil discussion with you, but you have repeatedly ignored my posts and dodged my questions hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
The hundreds of insult/meme posts don't help your case either.
I have not insulted or attacked you, I have posted zero memes. Please provide evidence to support your claim that I have engaged in any such activity on this (or any other) thread, else your claim is both unsubstantiated and false.

Quote:
You can provide evidence for your claims or admit defeat at any time.
I submit this entire thread and both of our entire post histories as evidence. You have not provided - and seemingly cannot provide - any counter-evidence.

Quote:
It is sad you think you can win an argument with just insults/memes/trolling, and no evidence.
Your post would seem to imply that you believe that we are arguing. This is intended to be a civil discussion - not an argument.

Again, you bring up accusations of insults/memes/trolling, but you have provided no evidence of me doing any such activities. I present this thread and both of our post histories as evidence, and you have not provided - and seemingly cannot provide - any counter-evidence.

If you are capable of engaging in civil discussion to back up your points with data that is relevant to the discussion, you may choose to start replying and doing so (rather than calling me a troll) at any time hehe. It really isn't hard. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In the event that this post is ignored, I submit it as further evidence that DSM has ignored my posts hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]