Sarnak

lol I do, on the 6th rangers batallion server under the name

fuzzyfootimperatores

Bashndash - < > 50 ogre war
Dashnbash - < > 50 highelf mage
Flashndash - < > 28 woodelf rogue
Old 12-30-2010, 05:37 AM
Kobold

DoD is one of my faves. Caen and Glider were my fave maps. MY friend got the steam account banned so i havent been able to play for a long time now, i miss it.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:46 AM
Kobold

ya i used to play this game all the time after raiding was over way back in the day. Caen and Anzio were probably my favorite maps.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:28 AM
Kobold

What was everyone's favorite weapon? i liked the M1 Carbine the best.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:40 AM
Sarnak

Favorite weapon? When rushing the MP40 but otherwise the German Mauser rifle. Pin-point accuracy? Check. 1 hit kill? Check. I often felt it severely outperformed the M1 carbine, though with DoD's superior hitbox system the M1 was still damn good - in DoD, a bullet that comes from the side, would penetrate your arm and then your torso so it would do considerably more damage. In most other games, it just hits the arms.

I miss this game and I didn't feel that DoD Source had the same feeling to it. Germans -> Brits -> Americans. Though I didn't mind playing the Brits AT ALL. They had awesome voice commands, the best starting line from their commander 'come on lads, lets get on with it' and their rifle while a little less accurate than the mauser, was still 1 hit kill and had 10 rounds instead of 5.

Shovel up!
Old 12-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Fire Giant

I miss old DoD, but DoD:Source ain't bad. I play on a few servers. Can't Stop Won't Stop is the name.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:21 AM
Fire Giant

Every time i decide to log on DoD it takes me so long to find a server not loaded with bots I get bored and move on.

Would love to play though, remember the old days of beta =/ Kar/Garand all the way.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:50 AM
Fire Giant

DoD:S is pretty cheap right now, and isn't too bad. Try it out!
Old 12-31-2010, 04:31 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Favorite weapon? When rushing the MP40 but otherwise the German Mauser rifle. Pin-point accuracy? Check. 1 hit kill? Check. I often felt it severely outperformed the M1 carbine, though with DoD's superior hitbox system the M1 was still damn good - in DoD, a bullet that comes from the side, would penetrate your arm and then your torso so it would do considerably more damage. In most other games, it just hits the arms.

I miss this game and I didn't feel that DoD Source had the same feeling to it. Germans -> Brits -> Americans. Though I didn't mind playing the Brits AT ALL. They had awesome voice commands, the best starting line from their commander 'come on lads, lets get on with it' and their rifle while a little less accurate than the mauser, was still 1 hit kill and had 10 rounds instead of 5.

Shovel up!
The upside to the M1 carbine compared to the much more accurate and powerful german rifle is that if you happened to miss that crucial shot, you can pump a few more out at the cost of damage. But to be honest im fond of all the weapons in the game. IF you got rushed by a german with an Mp40 you usually die lol