Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Fire Giant

Default Waiting 7 weeks for item reimbursment forum petition... what is the next step guys?

So maybe the community can help here.

Its been 7 weeks since I petitioned a reimbursement for an item lost in lag.

The very first day Uthgaard posted in the thread stating that it was a known issue and needed to be checked out. (thanks for the quick response0

Uthgaard also answered a tell a couple weeks later saying there was nothing he could do as he cant summon items... I had to wait for a dev (I assume Rogan or Nilbog?)

On the sept 12th patch they implemented some fixes that seem to deal with this issue. So they defiantly were working on the problem.

I bumped the thread every 3 or 4 days... no answer

I sent Rogan a PM... no answer.

Feel like I have been patient but have been pushed aside. How should I go about getting a resolve without pestering the devs and getting a negative response?

Whats the next step?
Old 10-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

What was the item?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 10-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What was the item?
Stop da trollin now.

edit...
and just by chance your not really trying to troll.

What item was lost has no bearing.
A lost item is a lost item, be it Split paw hide gloves, Manastone, or AoN?
Last edited by oldhead; 10-19-2010 at 08:10 PM..
Old 10-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Sarnak

Tricky situation there but you're probably on the right track. Glad you haven't raged out yet and got yourself banned like so many others. You're not being ignored but your issue is obviously not a priority.

I've only ever seen Rogean being able to handle reimbursements, and usually they come in batches like a lot of the other CS actions on this server.

Keep being patient and mind your manners. You've made the issue public which was risky but you weren't disrespectful as far as I can tell. There really isn't a set of guidelines to follow for these kinds of issues so you kind of did the right thing here.

It'd be nice to know what the devs/GMs expect from the players when petitions go unresolved for long periods of time. We as a community already expect a lot more than we should from the people managing this playground in their spare time.

Oh, and when in doubt... Think outside of the bun.

Ingrum Irontoe
Retired Warlord of Brell
"Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal..."
Old 10-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Sarnak

^agreed

hi brother :s
Old 10-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourthmeal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like somebody needs to relax a little bit. May I suggest a visit to your local Taco Bell for something of the crunchy, spicy, melty, or grilled variety?
Relaxing? I dont think he needs help with his constipation.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Kobold

In all honesty I would just suggest going and getting the item again yourself. I have lost 3 items due to bugs and not a single response on any of my petition. It is far easier just to go grab yourself the item again then waiting on a petition. 7 weeks is outrageous, and you will still be waiting.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Relaxing? I dont think he needs help with his constipation.
I ate taco bell last week... the shit i took the next day was the same consistency and watered down refried beans.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In all honesty I would just suggest going and getting the item again yourself. I have lost 3 items due to bugs and not a single response on any of my petition. It is far easier just to go grab yourself the item again then waiting on a petition. 7 weeks is outrageous, and you will still be waiting.

Its not a no drop quest item or no drop loot. Its a tradable item. I could buy it again but being how I was going to sell it that would defeat the purpose. Its also an item of high value but as I said.. the value of the item shouldnt be a factor.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tricky situation there but you're probably on the right track. Glad you haven't raged out yet and got yourself banned like so many others. You're not being ignored but your issue is obviously not a priority.

I've only ever seen Rogean being able to handle reimbursements, and usually they come in batches like a lot of the other CS actions on this server.

Keep being patient and mind your manners. You've made the issue public which was risky but you weren't disrespectful as far as I can tell. There really isn't a set of guidelines to follow for these kinds of issues so you kind of did the right thing here.

It'd be nice to know what the devs/GMs expect from the players when petitions go unresolved for long periods of time. We as a community already expect a lot more than we should from the people managing this playground in their spare time.

Oh, and when in doubt... Think outside of the bun.
Couple times I felt like just raging.. but what would that gain me?

What it does do is diminish the validity of the server for me a bit. It makes it feel fake. I knows its just an emu but I like to have the illusion thats its a live server and as such reliable enough to validate my effort and time I spend on this hobby. I guess what im saying its that its a bit of a killjoy.

Also, it would be nice to know.
Closed Thread