Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 07:55 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default No Warden Lius in Erudin?

There's a quest that the Magician Guildmaster in Erudin gives you wherein he wants you to get some remains from Warden Lius in the Erudin City Office. The problem is that Warden Lius does not seem to exist. Here's a link to show that the Warden should exist:

http://web.archive.org/web/200111010...h.shtml?id=550

If you look at the picture of the Warden in that link it looks like he has been replaced with this guard:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oh and finally here's a link to the quest in question which I know exists in-game as the Magician Guildmaster gave it to me:

http://web.archive.org/web/200012040...html?quest=136
Old 10-02-2010, 01:15 PM
VIP / Contributor

Did you read what was in the link you posted?

Quote:
Markus Jaevins, the Magician Guildmaster, will ask you to get the heretic's remains from Jailmaster Lius. Lius will tell you that the heretic escaped. The heritics are the various Necromancers wandering around Tox Forest. It may be that any of the heritics will sometimes drop the bones that he is looking for, but the one who always does is Elial Brook, who hangs out next to the dock. Kill him and return his remains for experience, faction and a some coin.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Kobold

I believe what this guy was trying to post is that the guild master sends you to see warden luis, but he does not exist. This guy exist in his place instead hence he can not go forward with the quest like it should.

Markus Jaevins is located at +730, +915 on the top floor of the Tower of The Gate Callers in Erudin Palace.

You say, 'Hail, Markus Jaevins'

Markus Jaevins says 'I am the overseer of the great city of Erudin. You will address me in the proper manner. HAIL!!'

You say, 'Who are you?'

Markus Jaevins says 'Markus Jaevins is the highest ranking official in Erudin.'

You say, 'What about the heretics?'

Markus Jaevins says 'The heretics are our sworn enemies. Their ancient origins are our own, however, they are the mad Erudites who chose the dark side of magic called necromancy. We, the magicians, caught one snooping in the palace just last week. He is now our [prisoner].'

You say, 'What prisoner?'

Markus Jaevins says 'The infidel was memorizing our spells to take to the rest of the heretic scum. He will finally be [purged] today. Could you please go to the cells here in the palace and ask Jail Master Lius to give you the heretic's remains?'

You say, 'What do you mean, purged?'

Markus Jaevins says 'To be purged is to take all the evil from one's body and set the soul free. Through magical means, the Erudite cleansers pull the accused's organs out through the mouth. When all is done, you can be assured the body is cleansed of all evil.'

You say, 'Where is Jail Master Lius?'

Markus Jaevins says 'The prison is on the lower level of the palace inside the City Office.'

Warden Lius is located at +560, +850 inside the City Office in Erudin Palace.

You say, 'Hail, Warden Lius'

Warden Lius says 'Hail, citizen! This is no place for you. Make sure you keep it that way. We do not need any more [hollow men].'

You say, 'What hollow men?'

Warden Lius says 'There is only one sentence in Erudin, death!! And death by purging is the most common. The insides of the criminal are literally pulled out chunk by chunk through the mouth. Then the hollow man is set adrift to float the seas of Erud's Crossing, his body cleansed of all anarchy.'

You say, 'I need the heretic remains.'

Warden Lius says 'I am afraid the heretic prisoner has escaped. There was a skirmish on the palace grounds so I went to assist. When I returned to my post he was gone! I don't know how... he was locked away in the first cell, across from that no-good, thieving gnome, and it is impossible to break the lock with or without magic. We will find him soon. Tell Guildmaster Markus he has escape.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:31 PM
VIP / Contributor

He's not actually involved in completing the quest. You can kill the heretic and take the items directly to the guildmaster without ever speaking to him.

He currently is there, on a 50/50 spawn chance with Sentinel Wren. Is one supposed to despawn at a certain time for the other?
Old 10-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's not actually involved in completing the quest. You can kill the heretic and take the items directly to the guildmaster without ever speaking to him.

He currently is there, on a 50/50 spawn chance with Sentinel Wren. Is one supposed to despawn at a certain time for the other?
Oh I guess you could still do it... so he's not involved in completing the quest but really I don't think it's complete if he's not there to give you the full info on it, for the sake of completeness if nothing else. Although it's a none-issue if he actually pops occasionally [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. I'll keep an eye out for him while I play my lowbie Erudite.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update.

Warden Lius and Sentinel Wren were erroneously sharing the same spawn point.
Closed Thread