Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 05-19-2023, 06:59 AM
Planar Protector

the op literally said the bard is for peak hours grouping

all he needs is a lute basically
Old 05-19-2023, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the op literally said the bard is for peak hours grouping

all he needs is a lute basically
Yep. Good lute, drum, and singing steel helm for eye pulls until epic.
Old 07-04-2023, 03:39 AM
Fire Giant

Not to hijack the topic but seems the OP got his answer. I'm making a half elf, max starting dex bard for soloing coz I need to look at an iksar ass all day or I die, and I made all the real iksar classes already. I've got some toys to play with, sboz etc, but is all of that just literally useless compared to vendor tier instruments? Wild
Old 07-04-2023, 01:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to hijack the topic but seems the OP got his answer. I'm making a half elf, max starting dex bard for soloing coz I need to look at an iksar ass all day or I die, and I made all the real iksar classes already. I've got some toys to play with, sboz etc, but is all of that just literally useless compared to vendor tier instruments? Wild
The "level asap" option is to run in circles and ae kill at least at most levels, and you don't need the weapons for that.

But if you want to stop and smell the roses, try out alternate bard solo methods, group, see what you can solo at 60, melee similar to a summoned pet on raids*, etc., you'll have fun with the weapons too. If that's more what you want out of your bard you can use the ae option as a fast forward button to pass level ranges you aren't feeling.

If you like meleeing on the bard snag a lute of the howler too. Pop it in prime hand right as your string songs land and you can melee without losing your string mod. The right click is a great melee buff too** after 40 but you would lose your iksar ass.

* Similar to a summoned pet for three reasons. No one brought you to the raid to melee. You often can't do it but occasionally it's free damage. And geared up it's a similar amount of damage.

** https://wiki.project1999.com/Illusion:_Werewolf
Old 07-04-2023, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Grouping a bard needs very little plat for gear. I soloed one to 60 charming with a walrus drum in Guardian armor. Slower than swarming but my ping and my wrists wouldn’t allow it.

All the toys certainly help. With a SS bp, howler loot and drums of the beast your melee game gets way better. It’s just not necessary to efficiently kill blues or add to a group.
Old 07-04-2023, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I’d sell all the weapons, try to get a drums of the beast if you can so you can equip a nice shield. Howler lute as well so it’s an easy swap. From there you’re good just stack hp/resists/ac to eventually prepare for offhand epic.