Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 04-07-2023, 07:16 AM
Fire Giant

Spine Break effect:
Paralyzing Poison 1
Increase Poison Counter by 2
2 : Decrease Movement Speed by 95%
3 : Decrease Attack Speed by 50%

I tested intimidation after I landed Spine Break figuring I’d have an easy fear kite on the off chance intimidation hits. When intimidation lands The mob does not fear and acts rooted until Spine Break: Paralyzing Poison 1 wears off and then the fear effect sends the mob sprinting to its friends.

Is the 95% movement decrease supposed to be a root by design and not snare?
Old 04-07-2023, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

It's a root + slow. When the effect ends, which can terminate randomly like other roots, both the root and the slow end. There is snare poison line if you're trying to fear kite.
Old 04-07-2023, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robersonroger38 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some genius done went and messed up the guide on the wiki……
Wasn't me, but I see what you mean. I remade that list as a table: https://wiki.project1999.com/Skill_Make_Poison

Please let me know if it's clearer now.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-07-2023, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quite honestly, I feel like they ruined my intent with the tHriTy aLteRnaTiVes, and as such I still hate it. It's not a convenient path. It's vendor bought. Make poison is not a skill to be saving coppers over.

For reference, this is the bad guide I murdered in favor of mine:

Quote:
Project 1999 Specific Skill Raising Guide

To start, put as many trainer points in as possible that should put you at 21 points, place points in apply poison as well. With this skill you should be looking for asp venom sacks which you can then use to raise your skill to 24.
From there you'll be making extract's so you'll need to collect any of the following ingredients:
  • permafrost crystals, russet oxide, jack-o-lantern fungus, charcoal, iron oxide
Combine any one of these with a water flask and a empty vial up to level 36
At this point start purchasing lined vials and suspensions and take the opportunity to collect putrid bile it takes two putrid's per combine to make a putrid bane but you can do this up until 56
Your next combine is called lixt-wing dust which requires embalming dust it also takes two dusts for a combine but can be used to achieve a skill of 76 fairly easily.
Festering nettle is your next goal so collect and or purchase ashroot and make the combine until you reach a skill of 87 at the point you are trivial and need to move on.
From this point move to WK, and find a person named Gindlin Toxfodder near the Northern Karana zoneline towards the bottom of the zone, from him you'll be purchasing Lactera and constrict suspension continue making aching blood until you reach a skill of 108 and they become trivial
You'll now be using sealed vials, and at this point you need to find Gelsemium Root which is available at alchemy merchants so all you'll need to do at this point is run from WK to Halas and continue making brain freeze until a skill of 130.
Now onto making choking asmag, all you'll need to do is collect asmag weed which is in abundance around Sol A use this combine to attain a trivial skill of 151 and then you'll need to move on
Collect more sealed vials and suspension and head over to Steamfont Mountains, you'll need to locate an NPC named Ennixy Frennor and begin purchasing King's Thorn you'll be making calcium rot until a skill level of 172 when it becomes trivial at that point you'll need to move on
Now all you'll need to do is spend some time in Splitpaw Lair, and while there collect stacks of Wolves' bane which drops after every kill so it's fairly easy to accrue several stacks use a larent suspension and a sealed vial to create Monk's Hood aconite until you reach a skill of 194. While here also collect white hellbore which will be used to create visionic pain used to obtain a skill level of 204.
Now you'll have to do several combines which can be time consuming in order to make metallic alkaloid but first stuff first:
  1. Create lead peroxide by acquiring Tumpy Tonic and purchasing lead sulphide from Myre in Kaladim near the bank, I'd find a brewer to make you several stacks of tonic beforehand.
  2. Buy Cinnabar from Myre in Kaladim and combine this with Gnomish Spirits which can be found around the area, if not head back to freeport and buy more from the dock area, you'll use this combine to make quicksilver
  3. Combine lead sulphide with limestone which is bought from Myre to create white lead
Combine the following: Lead Peroxide, Quicksilver, White Lead with a sealed vial and larent suspension to make metallic alkaloid until you reach a skill of 215
Your next goal is Amnesic Lolium which requires Snowfall Algae and Tares Lichen the algae can be bought at alchemy shops and the lichen is dropped in Permafrost from goblins so it's easier to stay around the Halas area, continue to make this combine with a sealed vial and larent suspension until you reach 236
Make your way to Nagafen's Lair and as you kill Kobolds you should be looting death caps and black henbane which then can be used to create crippling peptide until a skill of 247
Temporal rot can now be made which can be used to achieve a skill of 258, this recipe is fairly simple just collect embalming dust and head back to the steamfont merchant buy more kings thorn and wood rose and make the combine.
While at the steamfont merchant take the opportunity to pick up some brimstone, you'll need this to make Iron Dimethyl, take the brimstone and combine it with two small pieces of ore found at Groflah's forge to create iron sulphide combine with two quicksilvers that I showed you how to make earlier to create Iron Dimethyl, repeat this until you attain a skill of 268
This would be the cap so far in P99 due to several recipes being absent until kunark, when kunark is released you'll begin again starting with spirit of sloth which is trivial at 275. Goodluck!
Vs.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Cecily; 04-07-2023 at 02:34 PM..
Old 04-07-2023, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Combine the following: Lead Peroxide, Quicksilver, White Lead with a sealed vial and larent suspension to make metallic alkaloid until you reach a skill of 215
There was a fun exploit abused pretty heavily on Red where rogue poisons were devastatingly effective if they landed in mass PvP. It involved training on Quicksilver to 250 skill, easily acquired from vendors in Kaladim, which should have been a 15 skill trivial sub-combine for high level poisons. Patched out a long time ago, but that used to make me mad how easily Red rogues got their skill up.
Last edited by Cecily; 04-07-2023 at 02:44 PM..
Old 04-07-2023, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Well, I tried to make it work for everyone. If someone wants your "convenient" path, they just read down the left column. If they want to save their pennies, they can look to the right.

Alternatively, we could have two separate tables, but that felt unnecessary.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-07-2023, 04:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a root + slow. When the effect ends, which can terminate randomly like other roots, both the root and the slow end. There is snare poison line if you're trying to fear kite.
Cool, thanks. Time to farm up some whore’s bane for the muscle lock 2 poison
Old 04-07-2023, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

The table looks worse to me than the way it was before (no offense).

The saving pennies route that was suggested was also just a really bad route. Grave Mold, Embalming Dust, Ashroot and even Whore's Bane are not practical to farm in large numbers. I vote that it just be removed from the guide.

The Permafrost (Amnesic Lolium) and Sol A (Choking Asmag) poison supplies are probably the only practical ones to farm for any attempt to save money. This because they actually make a poison that is not useless (damage over time), and also because farming in those zones is already lucrative.
Last edited by jolanar; 04-07-2023 at 04:34 PM..
Old 04-07-2023, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The table looks worse to me than the way it was before (no offense).

The saving pennies route that was suggested was also just a really bad route. Grave Mold, Embalming Dust, Ashroot and even Whore's Bane are not practical to farm in large numbers. I vote that it just be removed from the guide.

The Permafrost (Amnesic Lolium) and Sol A (Choking Asmag) poison supplies are probably the only practical ones to farm for any attempt to save money. This because they actually make a poison that is not useless (damage over time), and also because farming in those zones is already lucrative.
If this is the consensus I can easily revert.

But help me understand: if you're a poor rogue with limited plat, isn't it possible you'd care more about getting your poison making up to a level where you can make cool poisons, vs. making some lesser potions that you can use ... but are still lesser?

Whoever added the "thrifty" path must have had a desire to improve poison making more cheaply ... wouldn't other rogues, potentially?

Old 04-07-2023, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this is the consensus I can easily revert.

But help me understand: if you're a poor rogue with limited plat, isn't it possible you'd care more about getting your poison making up to a level where you can make cool poisons, vs. making some lesser potions that you can use ... but are still lesser?

Whoever added the "thrifty" path must have had a desire to improve poison making more cheaply ... wouldn't other rogues, potentially?
If you have limited plat, just don't bother with poisons.

They are mostly going to be things you use when soloing anyways, outside of niche applications. For example you aren't going to be the person that snares in your group as a rogue because 1: that would be insanely expensive and 2: you wouldn't have enough bag space as each poison takes up 1 bag slot.

Even if you farmed the ingredients, the cost of the vial and the suspension alone make doing combines expensive. If I remember correctly, Lined Vials are 4p and Sealed are 6p. The suspensions aren't cheap either. The actual 'ingredients' part is the "cheap" part of the combine.

Additionally, the concept of Oppurtunity Cost means you would be better off farming plat and then converting that into vendor bought materials than you would be trying to farm materials. Even at low levels. That's why I mentioned Perma and Sol A because those also double as normal plat farms.

Anyways that's just my 2c.