Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-04-2023, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Default Envenomed Bolt and Bane of Nife (Maybe?) Shouldn't Stack

Obviously live data is often inaccurate vs. P99 data, but when it comes to some areas (eg. fashion, spell stacking) it usually is, because Verant/SOE rarely changed how old items looked, or how old spells stacked with each other. After all, when everyone was wearing new items and casting level 61+ spells, why would the live devs even have a reason to go back and change the old stuff?

So, usually Allakhazam's Lucy database is perfectly accurate for P99 with regards to spell stacking. However, today I noticed that Lucy shows Envenomed Bolt not stacking with Bane of Nife, and Bane of Nife similarly not stacking with it. Lucy lists every spell that doesn't stack with a given spell on its "stacking" page, and both spells are clearly listed on each others' pages (presumably because they both fill the "poison" stacking slot).

Again, maybe you have evidence that the two did stack in the classic era (from the spell data file maybe?), and SOE changed them to not stack afterward... but if you don't, it seems unlikely that they would make such a retroactive change, and therefore it seems that the two spells shouldn't stack on Project 1999.

Also, as a longtime Shaman player myself, I can verify that we already powerful enough as is, and we don't need unclassic spell stacking to make us more powerful [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Nerf shamans! ... if there's no evidence to the contrary.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-04-2023, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Unsure when the two spells were changed to no longer stack, but it would appear to be some time after 2004.

https://web.archive.org/web/20030808...tml?item=13243

Quote:
RE: Stack ? Reply...
Posted @ Sun, Jul 14th 5:08 PM 2002
By: wolfran
114 posts
Score: Default [1.60]
I would say no. Only one DoT of each type (poison, disease, etc.) can be on a mob at any one time. Since the epic is disease and this is disease...I doubt they stack.

I don't have this to check though...so just ignore me.
Quote:
--Wolfran Funkenstein
4 Replies
Posted @ Mon, Nov 25th 2:18 AM 2002
By: terrarizin
12 posts
Score: Decent [3.00]
WTF are you talking about? I stack Plague (disease based), Bane of Nife (Poison Based) and E Bolt (Poison Based) all the time, as a matter of fact I did it earlier today. Getcha facts straight mistuh
Quote:
0 Replies
Posted @ Mon, Jul 15th 1:28 AM 2002
By: Talamay
10 posts
the effect on the spear of fate is magic based, not disease based.

as far as disease and poison, they all stack. many 56+ shamans that solo use both poisons; bane of nife and envenomed bolt stacked together.

[60 Oracle] Talamay the Mystic (Barbarian)
Quote:
0 Replies
Posted @ Mon, Jul 15th 12:33 AM 2002
By: Vashran
3 posts
Remember shamans can stack their own dots; all disease and poison. They do have to be from the same shaman, and without others casting dots.

Edited, Mon Jul 15 00:22:46 2002

https://web.archive.org/web/20031214...3&pagenumber=1

Quote:
11-26-2003, 09:19 AM
DoT's and Aggro Post #1
Musicandor
Lurker

Its wonderful that Sony now allows us to stack DoT's, but why did they make them create so much aggro? Heres an example that happened to me a while ago.

We were killing the AoW. AoW got down to about 50%, things were going smoothly, no one died so far. MT had a ton of aggro, he was using a BoC. I figure Id help with the Damage, so I started to stack everything I had on AoW. I stacked epic dot, Breath of Ultor, Plague, Envenomed Bolt, Ancient Scourge of Nife, Bane of Nife and Blood of Saryrn in rapid sucession. Everything landed (to my astonishment),

https://web.archive.org/web/20031229...19349&start=25

Quote:
new shammy toy Reply...
Posted @ Tue, Mar 25th 2:33 AM 2003
By: agnostic
10 posts
Score: Decent [2.50]
This weapon is great, just got one for my 56 shaman the other day. I was tanking like i was a noob again, was so cool. I was easily soloing level 50-55 mobs in Nadox(the ones that dont summon or cast)Ikky bp, regrowth,full shammy buffs, then pull with slow stack bane of nife and envenomed bolt on em then tank away, they were dead within a minute and i was full life. I really think this weapon could change the way shamans play past 50.
Barradoom 56 shaman
Aradin 54 ranger
Martyyr 53 druid
seventh hammer server

https://web.archive.org/web/20030223....shtml?id=4474

Quote:
Soloed a few Reply... By: mcroc, Scholar
34 posts
Posted @ Sun, Feb 9th 10:17 PM 2003 Score: Decent[3.00]
If with virtue and kei its classed as soloing then I soloed about 5 of these today, and one warped and somehow disappeared. I am shaman and only yesterday got torpor. Its hard and I died once(. Keeping Torpor up on myself I used Bane and Envenomed bolt on it and 61 pet then spirit call at end. Reason why poison over disease, is because you want to kill it quick.Disease is slow, and more damage is done to you in that time, plus reslows are needed etc. I would like to upgrade my gear and be able to do it with only self buffs+ I need epic.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010222.../000396-2.html

Quote:
Chraatiz
Station Member posted 02-17-2001 09:15 PM
ITEM: Healing
as stated before, a 39th level cleric should *NOT*, under *ANY* circumstance be a better healer than a level 60 shaman (or druid), let alone two or more shamans (or druids).

my guild has called off four raids in recent history (last couple weeks) because we didn't have enough clerics. this is despite the fact that there was at least 3-4 druids and 3-4 shamans online, but only 2-3 clerics.

the taunt factor of complete heal is also *far* too low. i can do /assist healing with superior heal on people and get pummeled on the next aggro check for the mob. but a cleric can complete heal several times on several targets and never get attacked. i've seen this on trakanon, zlandicar, several named mobs in plane of growth. often times all the druids and shamans are dead at the end of the fight but the clerics all lived. in reality, complete heal should be one of the highest taunts in the game.

ITEM: DoTs and corpse poofing

because of this bug, my guild has *FORBIDDEN* the use of *ALL* DoT spells and effects on raids. it doesn't matter if this is "better" or "fixed", we will get immediately booted from a raid if we use DoTs. if it weren't for this, shamans could add thousands of damage with pox, bane, plague and envenomed bolt. necromancers could add thousands as well with their DoTs.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010711...8&t=002263&p=2

Quote:
shamy60
Veteran Poster
Member # 10800

posted June 07, 2001 11:09 PM Profile for shamy60 Author's Homepage Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote
hiyas the best high level soloers are lv 60 shaman .
we can kill very high level mobs.
i heard of a shaman who soloed a dragon in western waistes.
for myself i kill elder wyvern (lv 52)very easy in skyfire whit no chance to die.
did jail room in sebilis solo.
the disco room solo.
heard of some shaman who killed juggernauts solo.
i am looking for *DOOM*lv 55 in trakanon teeth but he is hard to find whitout track.
i can do 3k mana free damage in about one minutes.
bracer is 263 dam. every 8 seconds and epic dot is about 1000 to 1200 dam in 90 sec.
whit (bane of nife) and (envenomed bolt) who stack whit the epic dot,that s awsome.
i don t care if the bracer break root, i never root them i stand toe to toe whit them and chain cast whit bracer.
if the mob got high resist magic i cast malo irresistible magic debuff.
cannibalise 4 give 82 mana for 148 hp,so i cast about 10 can.4 and i cast torpor on me(heal for 1200 hp for only 200 mana)i cast 2 cannibalise 4 to regain about that 200 mana back.and we got our weak pet but i cast cripple on the high level mobs so my pet hit them pretty well.and i don t root so i take all damage so the pet can live all day.
on some blue mobs sometime i cast only slow and whit the pet and bracer i finish the fight full mana and lost about 2 hp bub.and ready to pull again.
i killed 3 blue mobs at same time at rock area in sebilis one time.was tough but i did it.
some shaman get 1000 ac.(not my case )
Old 04-04-2023, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Oh, so it is classic behavior. I guess the EQ devs just went back and changed it (some time after 2004) ... probably not to change those specific spells, but as part of a more general overhaul.

False alarm, but thanks for the great classic research!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-04-2023, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, so it is classic behavior. I guess the EQ devs just went back and changed it (some time after 2004) ... probably not to change those specific spells, but as part of a more general overhaul.

False alarm, but thanks for the great classic research!
Make sure to update the wiki. It's in your sig.