Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 03-16-2023, 12:36 PM
Sarnak

Default Warrior Aggro - Post Patch

Hey All,

I'm a level 60 Ogre warrior, max raid buffed stats 255/255/255/255. Currently weilding Wavecrasher & Infestation. Has anyone noticed a significant difference in aggro for these two weapons since the last patch? I have heard mixed feelings between Wavecrasher/Infestation. People using frostbringer or something else.

I am seeing issues with holding aggro a little bit post patch than I did previously. Any thoughts on non-epic/non-Tov/non-VP weapons that may be holding better aggro post patch?
Old 03-16-2023, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey All,

I'm a level 60 Ogre warrior, max raid buffed stats 255/255/255/255. Currently weilding Wavecrasher & Infestation. Has anyone noticed a significant difference in aggro for these two weapons since the last patch? I have heard mixed feelings between Wavecrasher/Infestation. People using frostbringer or something else.

I am seeing issues with holding aggro a little bit post patch than I did previously. Any thoughts on non-epic/non-Tov/non-VP weapons that may be holding better aggro post patch?
Infestation sucks use wavecrasher and frostbringer
Old 03-18-2023, 09:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey All,

I'm afraid I can't speak to changes after the patch, but Frostbringer has a better ratio and (at least what used to be) a better proc. Pre-patch I would have said Infestation is a better primary sue to better ratio and slightly stronger proc, but I haven't tried it after the patch.

Personally, I haven't noticed any material difference in agro after the patch. The way I read the patch notes agro on procs should have stayed about the same, but smarter people than I have interpreted the notes differently.
Old 03-18-2023, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm afraid I can't speak to changes after the patch, but Frostbringer has a better ratio and (at least what used to be) a better proc. Pre-patch I would have said Infestation is a better primary sue to better ratio and slightly stronger proc, but I haven't tried it after the patch.

Personally, I haven't noticed any material difference in agro after the patch. The way I read the patch notes agro on procs should have stayed about the same, but smarter people than I have interpreted the notes differently.
Pure disease and pure poison is nerfed, ie tash and infestation and disease cloud on sk, do no threat. Debuffs and stuns are fine.
Old 03-18-2023, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

2h dain axe
Old 03-21-2023, 09:00 AM
Aviak

Get yourself a better mainhand and put Frosty in the offhand.

P.S. test ringed mace of the ykesha and report back
Last edited by agalig2; 03-21-2023 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: postscript
Old 03-27-2023, 11:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Hey All,

Maxed? Whats your charisma?
Old 03-28-2023, 07:00 AM
Fire Giant

You're using bad weapons and complaining aggro is bad. Those weaps were never 'good', just used by a lot of people, and most people suck at everquest. Monkey see monkey do, top end guilds are full of terrible players who don't test or parse this stuff. What hope do casuals have.

If you're VP keyed speak to riot and vanquish, and arrange to buy a maelstrom/howling cutlass/veridix/veldrak. Any combination of those 4 in either hand will be fine.

If not VP keyed Wavecrasher+Frostbringer is about as decent as it gets. Take it or leave it with the offhand, could happily use a swiftblade of zek offhand and still be happy. But I'd be wanting those VP weaps if they're attainable. Probably worth keeping a WESS and a infestation or feverblade or sword of the shissar or malevolent runeblade etc handy in bank for when/if they add some hate back to dis/pois counters.
Old 03-28-2023, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20041108...ead.php?t=2098

Quote:
Old 07-22-2003 #4
Griglon

Offline:
Guild: Apotheosis
Server: Rodcet Nife
I have the Infestation. I too have trouble keeping aggro off of me even with other epic'd warriors. It procs an insane amount even without a dex buff for me. I keep it in my bag as a good quick aggro weapon and for sentimental value.
Bank infestation for now, but there's a lot of evidence to support reverting recent changes made to aggro.
Old 04-06-2023, 02:05 PM
Sarnak

blade of the black dragon eye, sword of the shissar, infestation, feverblade and anything else that relied primarily on disease and/or poison counters for agro have all been severely nerfed.

the best "poor man" droppable agro setup is frostbringer main hand and sarnak warhammer offhand. if you got the plat then wavecrasher main hand and frostbringer offhand.

the best warrior agro setup on p99 is dual wielding sods. the next best setup (assuming no sod) is trident mainhand and redblade offhand.

once you start comparing agro weapons, as long as they have a max SpA agro (i.e. 400 from stun, slow, ac debuff, etc) and decent white damage agro ratio, then other factors become more important (like hp, resist, ac, stats).