Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 12-23-2022, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Most my characters were leveled to have flexibility or to help people. A Druid with ports and POTG is the Santa of EQ. With gear you can do most of what a ranger can (and some it can’t) which is my favorite class at 60 strictly for “fun”.

If your goal is to be the “best” there are better picks. If you want to work twice as hard to keep up but earn some astonished kudos these underdog classes can be a blast.
Old 12-23-2022, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A Druid with ports and POTG is the Santa of EQ.
I'll admit, I made my Druid as a port bot - but as I near 60, the most rewarding part of playing is buffing lowbies.

A high level Druid can buff the shit outta some lowbies.

And it just feels good.
Old 12-23-2022, 11:55 AM
Fire Giant

Agreed -- Powerlevelling with Fungi, Fungi Staff, Manastone and Elder SPiritist greaves is also a blast - easy, fun, efficient.

BUT. Levelling in the bear pits at 54 is kinda disheartening. Spend an hour for 6% exp.. but to what end? Ya know
Old 12-23-2022, 12:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but to what end? Ya know
I think that's every class though. (Except Shaman and Enchanter)

I almost regret getting my Necro to 60. I almost feel like I'd get the same value out of him if I stayed 50.

Sure, I can farm guards more efficiently. I can kill Skyshrine wyverns? Yay.....

I dunno. Even with Shamans and Enchanters, what's left to do at 60? Get Torpor and do the Solo Challenge? Ok cool. What then?

The journey always feels more rewarding than the destination.
Old 12-23-2022, 12:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that's every class though. (Except Shaman and Enchanter)

I almost regret getting my Necro to 60. I almost feel like I'd get the same value out of him if I stayed 50.

Sure, I can farm guards more efficiently. I can kill Skyshrine wyverns? Yay.....

I dunno. Even with Shamans and Enchanters, what's left to do at 60? Get Torpor and do the Solo Challenge? Ok cool. What then?

The journey always feels more rewarding than the destination.
Is the truth. That being said - levelling druid 1-54 was really fun. Necro 34-55 was really fun. Monk 1-55 is also a blast.

I've gotta do either enc / wiz / pal / rng now. Only ones left. Sun's gettin real low
Old 12-23-2022, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the truth. That being said - levelling druid 1-54 was really fun. Necro 34-55 was really fun. Monk 1-55 is also a blast.

I've gotta do either enc / wiz / pal / rng now. Only ones left. Sun's gettin real low
Enchanter has the most depth and paladin will be the easiest / chill.

Don't bother with Wiz unless you wanna AFK a ton. Rangers are just poop.
Old 12-24-2022, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter has the most depth and paladin will be the easiest / chill.

Don't bother with Wiz unless you wanna AFK a ton. Rangers are just poop.
Ranger is the easiest one to level if ya are geared, 91% self haste makes it great if ya can twink hard.
Old 12-24-2022, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ranger is the easiest one to level if ya are geared, 91% self haste makes it great if ya can twink hard.
KC is an amazing play house for rangers too, and the best part is you’ll often be puller. This ensures the group isn’t slowly turning over crappy low level tstaff PHers but the decent xp level 50ish mobs like hands, body guards, soldiers and VS rooms. Grabbing names as they spawn.

I had a blast rangering in KC!

Low level Druids have a nice niche of just helping higher level melees solo.

A Ds, regen and str buff goes a long way for a warrior or monk soloing low blues. Apart from refreshing those buffs every 15 mins it’s little more than feet up on table.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-24-2022, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At 60 you keep on doing the parts of the game you enjoy. When it gets old, take a break for awhile 'till it's fresh again, rinse & repeat. Nobody's making you change how you play merely because you filled up a yellow progress bar. MMOG players often have a peculiar tendency towards self-sabotage when it comes to willfully doing stuff they dislike doing.

If it so happens you like zones like Blackburrow and Unrest and Mistmoore best, then, yeah, not much use for a 60. Some folks get more mileage out of it than others.

Danth
Old 05-23-2023, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean the real tragedy isn't that druids are useless at 60, the real tragedy is that there's nothing worth doing at 60 besides earning bis raid loot from scepter camp

.... a role which druids are not even top tier for
scepter camp?