Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 08-21-2021, 03:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The upcoming changes to the Quillmane spawn had nothing to do with magicians.

It was on a list of old content I wanted to revisit because its current implementation is wholly 'made up' and incorrect. Furthermore, it was one of the first custom scripts written for p99 almost 10 years ago. This recent bug report and supplementary spawn evidence was inspiring, so I took the time to rewrite it.
As a player it’s an inconvenient change, i really like being able to get a cloak in just an hour of play for each of my toons.

That said, I wish there was a like button for this post because it is so good to see after all these years of hard work on this server you still get jumps of inspiration to make the effort to make things more classic, even if it means rewriting old code you already made from scratch.

For all the complainers saying “well when are you gonna fix this or that” ... well review this thread, see the kind of research you need to do, the level of detail you need to find, and how to present it in order to get Nilbog and co informed and inspired to get to work on this or that problem...

The way I see it, we are all volunteers here after a fashion - whether play testers, researchers, etc.

If you feel like the coding side of things takes too long, maybe message the current coders, and ask for some pointers in how to get started and volunteer to do it yourself?
Old 08-21-2021, 04:12 AM
Fire Giant

Lot of crying. Bring a bard, a ranger, and a wiz. AE the entire zone every 4 mins in one winds of gelid.

Go find QM, kill. Repeat.
Old 08-21-2021, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

It's not a Daldaen bug report if somebody isn't mad about it.
Old 08-21-2021, 12:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Great, more Bard swarm-kiting content, just what everyone wants!
Old 08-21-2021, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a player it’s an inconvenient change, i really like being able to get a cloak in just an hour of play for each of my toons.

That said, I wish there was a like button for this post because it is so good to see after all these years of hard work on this server you still get jumps of inspiration to make the effort to make things more classic, even if it means rewriting old code you already made from scratch.

For all the complainers saying “well when are you gonna fix this or that” ... well review this thread, see the kind of research you need to do, the level of detail you need to find, and how to present it in order to get Nilbog and co informed and inspired to get to work on this or that problem...

The way I see it, we are all volunteers here after a fashion - whether play testers, researchers, etc.

If you feel like the coding side of things takes too long, maybe message the current coders, and ask for some pointers in how to get started and volunteer to do it yourself?
That has all been done. The evidence is there in levels of detail much more than have been presented and prompted other changes that have already happened. The changes and fixes for ST would be much easier and take a fraction of the time spent on this change that approximately 4 people care about.

Nilbog, fix Sleeper's Tomb.
Old 08-21-2021, 04:03 PM
Skeleton

Mage bolt spells are wrong too, since we're concerned about not hurting mages and being classic. The range check is supposed to be at the beginning of the cast, not at the end.
Old 08-21-2021, 04:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quick question. Since PH can be a crap ton of zone. Is it going to be Zone distruption when a group comes in to pretty much clear the zone to pop QM?
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 08-21-2021, 06:11 PM
Aviak

Pras these backlog tickets being taken care of. Do ToV next.
Old 08-22-2021, 05:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quick question. Since PH can be a crap ton of zone. Is it going to be Zone distruption when a group comes in to pretty much clear the zone to pop QM?
A valid concern, and in my opinion Quillmane shouldn't have a placeholder at all. Why is a legendary pegasus tied to some random lion cub or aviak? Just put it on a fixed respawn at a random point in the zone.

Also, make the cloak only work for casters. The absurd amount of clickies available to players is not classic, people didn't know about a lot of these items back then, especially this one. Melee shouldn't be able to float around freely. They should need a caster to levitate them, damn it.
Old 08-22-2021, 06:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by funry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage bolt spells are wrong too, since we're concerned about not hurting mages and being classic. The range check is supposed to be at the beginning of the cast, not at the end.
Great point! Check for an existing thread and update or create new one with evidence.

The bug reporting process isn’t likely to pick up on a side comment in a largely resolved thread.