Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 08-20-2021, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vador981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As if mages need 1 more thing to be a bottleneck.
A solid argument for the change. I remember this actually being a meaningful bottleneck for years on live.
Old 08-20-2021, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pending update:

Rewrote the Quillmane script. It should function much closer to how it did in classic.
Amazing change! This is great. It felt very unclassic to have a group of 4 people 3 camped one at each spawn location just lazily spawning Quillmanes freely.

Having to adventure through the zone to find placeholders and track down Quillmane is going to be very immersive again. Big change for P99.
Old 08-20-2021, 05:15 PM
Large Rat

seriously thanks for screwing mages a bit more.

not only do we gotta kill a frigging god
or clear sky
or kill phinny
and camp every mob in the game

NOW i get the honor and priviledge of fighting 50 other people in a zone on a mob that MIGHT spawn if you kill a random mob!!!

im glad YOUR immersive experience is being aggravated and annoyed for days on end.
im glad YOUR idea of immersion is causeing nothing but problems for other people!!

the peggy cloak is a pain to get now and we know how to spawn the MOB!!
but hey as lonmg as your happy we'll all deal cause it all about you!
Old 08-20-2021, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

If classic EverQuest isn’t your cup of tea you could try one of the new TLP servers. There the earth staff comes from trash revenants, the sky keys go on your keyring permanently, and Phinigel can be triggered in an instance every 7 days.
Old 08-20-2021, 07:26 PM
Large Rat

ok cool well get rid of zem cause thats not classic list system thats not classic. should i go on?

everytime one of you guys gets rebuffed thats your goto answer , its old and played out
Old 08-20-2021, 07:46 PM
Project Manager

The upcoming changes to the Quillmane spawn had nothing to do with magicians.

It was on a list of old content I wanted to revisit because its current implementation is wholly 'made up' and incorrect. Furthermore, it was one of the first custom scripts written for p99 almost 10 years ago. This recent bug report and supplementary spawn evidence was inspiring, so I took the time to rewrite it.
Old 08-20-2021, 07:57 PM
Large Rat

this change disproportionately affects one class. to the point that it adds undue time frustration and annoyance on an already incredible hard epic quest. you want to change the the spawn fine but making it a complete cluster is just wrong
Old 08-20-2021, 09:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

So druid track should be fixed with this update? I thought I remember a post from months ago saying how that was fixed pending update.
Old 08-20-2021, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by helbrect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this change disproportionately affects one class. to the point that it adds undue time frustration and annoyance on an already incredible hard epic quest. you want to change the the spawn fine but making it a complete cluster is just wrong
This does not disproportionately affect one class.

Far more Pegasus cloaks are clicked every week on this server than are consumed in magician epics. At current drop rates on the Earth Staff, maybe 1 magician epic enters the game every 2 weeks. Whereas basically every raiding level 60 on the server has a Pegasus cloak for levitate.

As nilbog said, the script was made from scratch and is not being changed to reflect the classic implementation. It is also worth mentioning the current iteration that is on P99 now is not the original one that was on P99 at launch, it has been changed before.
Old 08-20-2021, 10:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The upcoming changes to the Quillmane spawn had nothing to do with magicians.

It was on a list of old content I wanted to revisit because its current implementation is wholly 'made up' and incorrect. Furthermore, it was one of the first custom scripts written for p99 almost 10 years ago. This recent bug report and supplementary spawn evidence was inspiring, so I took the time to rewrite it.
While you're fixing content that is wholly made up and incorrect you could fix Sleepers Tomb.