Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 04-19-2023, 07:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice write up didn’t know you could Drop down into undead area, always did that nasty crawl up the rock door way. Did you just solo the ghost of glohnor when it spawned?
Yep, same deal as the other mobs, just has more HP. Maybe takes 2 more casts.
Old 05-01-2023, 07:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

@RobotGraveyard, thanks a bunch for posting that write up of the undead camp in the Hole! I might go check it out for a change of pace! I'll report back if I was able to successfully follow your instructions. Really helpful, thank you for taking the time to share.

Update on KC basement skeletons - I'm now 58.75, slow and steady as I wasn't able to make much progress the past month due to work and family commitments. However, the exp is pretty good depending on the breakdown of greens to blues. The main issue is finding the monsters available as they are often being pulled elsewhere. Sometimes I do struggle on the rare occasions when I can't get a POTG or Clarity as 1of the 2 types of skeleton spawns does have a bit more HP than my mana can handle and requires a lot of meddling while fighting in order to finish them off. Regardless, it continues to be a safe and solid spot to nuke some undead!
Last edited by Tooboredtoquit; 05-01-2023 at 07:20 PM..
Old 07-31-2023, 09:41 PM
Sarnak

I'd love to hear more about your experiences soloing Lower Guk on a cleric. I tried it at 50 and noped out after having trouble breaking the Ass/Sup room.
Old 08-01-2023, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

Just paci shit and if you get a crit fail, root everything and camp
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 08-19-2023, 12:43 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

My update... I've hit 59 (0% in, lol). I died a bunch trying to get to and figure out the Hole crypt area. Going to try it again soon though. Otherwise it is back to KC basement and just trying to get the 3 spawns by myself during off hours.

For the Guk questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd love to hear more about your experiences soloing Lower Guk on a cleric. I tried it at 50 and noped out after having trouble breaking the Ass/Sup room.
I'm surprised you're having trouble. With that, I wasn't trying to kill nameds I was there for exp and it's super chill for that.
  • With IVU you can move around on dead side safely as only a few named monsters will see you and you would have to seek them out to be seen. There's actually a lot more safe spots than just "safe hall".
  • Pacify doesn't need line of sight, but monsters do. Use corners and the camera to safely make pulls. You can almost always get single pulls if you just take it slow.
  • Respawn time is like 25-30 minutes. Once you break a camp, you're good for the rest of your session and it's real laid back.
  • Don't mess with the casters unless you're good with your stuns. There's tons of Knights (warriors) so you can avoid them.
  • Cavalier-area through low-50s. For the mid-high 50s you can do Sentinel-area (safest spot in Guk) or just chill near Hand and run into hallways and snipe the knights (safe down in one of the traps and relatively safe in little hallway before Hand).
  • Sentinel-area is right by FBSS camp, which isn't camped that often on blue. You can roll over there and sometimes get lucky with a spawn - again just use Pacify to pull monsters out and then bring it down to safe area by Sentinel to fight. Long fight.
  • Exp get really bad at 58 as most are green, but you can push through if you hate yourself. Can't see it being feasible still for 59-60 unless you're able to fight the Bok Knights and higher-wizards which I was not.
  • Exile Undead at 55 is a game-changer for smiting Frogs.
  • I have relatively bad gear (Full Imbued Koada`Dal Mithril, no epic), but I did have 170 CHA without any gear swaps and I rarely would get critical resists. Additionally, I could pretty much face tank frogs.
  • Lastly, make sure you buff yourself. I kept these 4 buffs up at all time - Armor of Protection (39 spells, stacks with everything), Symbol of Pinzam (best Japser one, don't even need to use the Peridot ones), Heroism, and Resist Magic (I like to pretend it works on Frog root, but doesn't feel like it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just paci shit and if you get a crit fail, root everything and camp
Yup! Guk is a great zone to get good with your pacifying skills as the risk isn't too high as the Frog's (aside from the nameds and casters) don't hit too hard. I rarely even would camp out as post 55 you can just burn one down with exile undead and then atone/pacify and be good.
Last edited by Tooboredtoquit; 08-19-2023 at 12:49 AM..
Old 08-24-2023, 06:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooboredtoquit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the Guk questions... I'm surprised you're having trouble. With that, I wasn't trying to kill nameds I was there for exp and it's super chill for that.
I made three attempts to break the ass/sup room. First attempt, I didn't think the greens would assist the named. Dumb mistake, compounded because I kept nuking instead of gating out, so I died. Second attempt, I Calmed the greens by using IVU to climb up and target them, but I took too long and by the time I got the second calmed, the first one timed out, so I had to gate out. I think there was a pather that I had to root/calm/atone which is why it took too long. Third attempt, right when I got the two greens Pacified, the puller for an xp group popped in and snagged the named, so I quit in frustration.

Thanks for the tips, I'll have to try again soon.
Old 08-24-2023, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

Use pacify; you get 7 minutes.

-Mcoy
Old 09-01-2023, 12:46 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotGraveyard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not true at all. I solo'd from 55-60 in undead crypt. Had an absolute blast. Super easy and laid back.

@Op here is my little guide for this.

The basics of this are to get to the docks. 2 methods are available. 1) Pacify your way down. 2) Have a cleric friend already at the docks, you jump down the hole, they drag your corpse up the waterfall and rez you.

So method 1).
Get your CHA gear on, mem root, stun, pacify, and atone. The rest of the spells can be whatever you like. Too many random mobs see through invis so you aren't invising to camp.
Just pacify your way through the dungeon. If a single mob crit resists your pacify, you are fine. Root -> Pacify -> Atone (repeat atone if it didn't stick. You can tell when atone works by moving and the mob no longer focuses on you and turns towards you). If you crit resists and get adds, just root and log. Root and log is a great option whenever you don't feel comfortable.
You will very rarely get resists on the elementals. The rock golems and rats are fairly resistant so just keep in mind you may need to pacify a few times to get it to stick and you may get a crit resist.
This crawl is a lot of fun and absolutely shows off your cleric as more than a CHeal macro pusher.

So you made it to the docks, congrats! Go to the waterfall and bind yourself on the left side of the wall. "But RobortGraveyard, I dont' want to stay here forever!" Yeah, well you aren't. You can exit the hole via the door at the bottom of the zone by ducking and unducking while running at the holes in the left side of the door. Pop DA/DB, jump from the top of the waterfall, and run/duck through the door. Your success rate is 100% if yael isnt' up. If yael is strangely up, chances of survival drop. Now you can leave the hole as you please. Toxx has ports, you can use your hammer on trash in the yard, you are never stuck there.

With yourself bound to the left side of the top of the waterfall, you are now ready to drop down to undead tower. On the left side, drop to the ledge just below you. You might take 5-6 fall dmg. Now, you can see the bottom of the hole straight ahead and to your right. To your left you can see undead tower. It looks like far down, but it isn't! Run along the left edge and aim for the area below to the left! This spot is safe on the outter right wall. Heal up from the fall damage and mem IVU. There is 1 roaming golem but his path is very simple and fast. When he leaves the undead tower, IVU up and run in the first area. Head to the left graveyard and towards the back, there is a door to the right that takes you to the crypt. Welcome home. 4 spawns of https://wiki.project1999.com/A_fallen_erudite. 21.5 min timer. The 3 in the front will agro you if you agro one. So we IVU, select 1, run to the hallway and pacify. Do this on all 3 then pull 1 one from the side rooms or the center. Drantin the lost is in the back of this area behind a stone door. He won't agro you unless you stand too long by the tomb thing in the center. If you run to the back spawn, just hug the right walls and he won't bother you.

When you pull your mob, go to the little hallway before the crypt and just root/nuke here.

I did 55-60 here in not a long time at all. Maybe a few weeks of casual play. AT 59, I was getting 1% every 4 kills. Is it great? Nah. Is it awful? Nah. Just sit back and grind. You can gate up to your bind, jump down and get ports, POTG, bank, whatever else.

Worth noting, you will not get rich doing this. They drop bone chips only and maybe 4g to 2pp a kill.

Anyone have other questions, feel free to reach out! I am will make a video of getting to camp some day.

Thank you, RobotGraveyard!

I finally made it to the Crypt camp and have been fighting there a bit. Here's my take on both the camp and the crawl down through the Hole.

Getting to the docks SUCKS nowadays when the zone is basically empty. The sheer number of monsters that I had to pacify my way past was overwhelming, especially as I wasn't too familiar with the spawns and pathing.

There's an Elemental or a Golem around EVERY F'N CORNER. Seriously, every single one. Line of sight cheesiness is required for any and all blind spots and entryways. Take it slow. Wait a cycle to see if other monsters also route past too, because they definitely do.

Without a Donal's Bracer, which I didn't have, this is straight up not a good time because there is just SO DAMN MUCH to pacify. I have 2550 mana and I got stuck a few times on low mana and was cornered in shitty spots. Was it kind of cool sitting around a bunch of rooted and pacified stuff juggling crowd control and meditating for 20 minutes? No, no it wasn't. Does it suck to camp out and then log back in and get nearly wrecked? Yes, yes, it does.

Level 59, 190 CHA. I got very few resists even on Golems. The times I had to camp and reset were where I missed a pacify on a monster and got jumped. My issues were mana constraints as even when going slow I would still miss monsters. Definitely a PITA, but I never felt in too much danger and it was neat to sneak past all those asshole monsters. For anyone reading this, there are so many damn monsters.

Took me a second to figure out where to bind at the docks, but it's out in the water around the wall and is totally safe. From there, it does feel pretty badass to drop down and then slide into the Undead Tower area. I could actually see the golem pathing out before I slide off the edge, so I just IVU'd, fell in, and then ran through the Crypt all in one shot.

The hallway by the Fallen Erudite camp in the Crypt is safe. I personally AFK'd for extended periods of time and had no issues. The initial break of the camp is annoying as you have to IVU 3x, line of sight the skeletons, and pacify them before pulling out. The spawn time is long enough though that once the camp is broken you don't need to do it again as long as you're active. Relatively easy 3 pulls and similar to the KC Basement monsters. I never have had the mana to go in the back to pull the 4th Fallen Erudite.

The Ghost of Glohnor can get fucked. Resists pacify frequently, the fight takes forever with my mana pool, and root breaks ALL THE TIME. This guy really ruins the flow of an otherwise decent camp.

Regarding the Fallen Erudites themselves, the majority are green at 59 and the estimate given earlier in the thread of 4 kills per 1% at level 59 seems accurate. The HP on the wiki is not accurate for these monsters as it states 5,000 health, but they take 8 casts of Exile Undead plus 1 cast of Turning of the Unnatural. I would estimate they have ~6,100 HP. They also seem to drop root on nukes frequently compared to my experience with the KC basement monsters, but that could be variance and not accurate. Regardless, between the work to break the camp, keep it down, and maybe dealing with that Ghost asshole, it's challenging at 2550 mana.

I found KC basement to be easier, more convenient, and better loot. The experience between the two camps seems to be the same. Despite that, I'll fight here in this deathtrap for a while as I like the vibe better and the KC basement monsters were more often camped. RobotGraveyard was correct though in that once you're down here it's pretty safe and laid back. I'll update again as I get more time down in the Crypt.
Last edited by Tooboredtoquit; 09-01-2023 at 01:06 PM..
Old 09-01-2023, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Paci is prob overkill most of the time if you’re trying to just crawl go with calm to save mana if you don’t need paci duration. But yea best to just get bracer.
Old 09-02-2023, 05:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was soloing it at 44 on green in rubicicte and classic cha gear... You are doing something profoundly wrong.