Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Old 10-22-2022, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Default Everquest the animated adventures!

Quote:
A long time ago. There was a website that had cartoon network badging. It was called Everquest the Animated Adventures. It had a short storyline explanation and a link for each of the characters involved (whom are in this picture). It was a hoax that someone had put up and was not related to cartoon network at all. This was the art from that website. The link to that website is actually on this picture at the bottom.
Wayback Link:
https://web.archive.org/web/20050203...aa/index2.html

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-24-2022, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

Nice. Had been looking for this site for a while now. A shame they did include all of the deities.
Old 10-25-2022, 10:58 PM
Sarnak

More info on this from the latest EQ show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDj9A0kakl0
Old 10-26-2022, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A shame they didn't include all of the deities.
The artist responsible for it...

https://www.deviantart.com/bensaret/...-cast-10960023

And his comments from reddit about the origins and other details...

Quote:
bensaret
·
3 yr. ago
Glad you enjoyed the site and the idea, I originally made it as an April Fools joke (I was inspired by Blizzard's April Fools posts), but then it got so popular (I got like 10k emails the first day asking where people could buy the DVD) that I later fleshed it out (including a two-part pilot script) and tried to pitch it to Sony. I was getting somewhere with it when I was later working for SOE, and it even got greenlit by Sony Pictures Animation, but then the head of that branch left the company and they shelved the idea (mainly because they thought Avi Arad was going to make an EQ movie, which he instead made a WoW movie) and nothing happened from then on :/. I need to see if Daybreak would be interested in pursuing it, or at least lending me the rights to EQ so I could legally pitch it to different studios -- I mentioned it to Circle of Confusion (the production company behind The Walking Dead) and they seemed interested, but since I don't actually own the rights to EQ I couldn't send them my pitch package without licensing rights :P.
Old 10-26-2022, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Can you believe they actually came close to making a cartoon that would’ve been incredible.