Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 01-30-2024, 08:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People that say the EC tunnel is better than an automated bazaar have rocks in they heads.
It's weird, I wouldn't mind only the bazaar by itself, but I have such a negative association with the weird unfinished crappy expansion that accompanied it that I'm EC tunnel all the way.

Something that always drives me nuts is the "it's faster to just buy it than camp it" argument for certain items. Oh, you want a solist wand? Wayyyyyy faster to just farm the plat and buy it! Well, if it's so rare in the first place that I should just buy it, why do you think there will be one for sale? Instead of camping it for two days and actually getting it (for free), it's better to watch auctions for like a month and buy it? That's "faster"? I don't think so.
Old 01-31-2024, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's weird, I wouldn't mind only the bazaar by itself, but I have such a negative association with the weird unfinished crappy expansion that accompanied it that I'm EC tunnel all the way.

Something that always drives me nuts is the "it's faster to just buy it than camp it" argument for certain items. Oh, you want a solist wand? Wayyyyyy faster to just farm the plat and buy it! Well, if it's so rare in the first place that I should just buy it, why do you think there will be one for sale? Instead of camping it for two days and actually getting it (for free), it's better to watch auctions for like a month and buy it? That's "faster"? I don't think so.
thats why you dual box a char in EC tunnel so you can farm it at the same time and whatever happens first bonerjamz
Old 02-05-2024, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You could also post in the various auction discords that you're looking to buy. Can usually find whatever item, even a very rare one, pretty quickly that way
Old 02-08-2024, 08:25 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After Velious.

Sorry you are stuck in that classic andy mindset.

Do better.
This may be a stupid question, but who is Andy?
Old 02-12-2024, 01:57 PM
Kobold

Discord has filled the role that the bazaar did in Luclin. I guess if rangers want endless quiver, etc., adding Luclin AA's at level 60 could be fun here and allow character advancement past 60, just no moon please. Why isn't the Sleeper flying around the world wrecking random unsuspecting people?
Old 02-12-2024, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

No, discord is not even 1/1000th the convenience and price deflation that the bazaar creates

also, I don't have to hear lame nerd voices in the bazaar
Old 02-12-2024, 03:18 PM
Fire Giant

bazaar arena was the pinnacle of eq pvp.
Old 02-12-2024, 03:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, discord is not even 1/1000th the convenience and price deflation that the bazaar creates

also, I don't have to hear lame nerd voices in the bazaar
There is nothing stopping a savy web developer from making an out of game site that fully replicates the bazaar pricing and search functions. Yes, you would need to contact the player, possibly out of game to complete the transaction. Honestly a little surprised this hasn't occurred so far. I have heard no nerd voices in P99 tunnelquest channel, not sure what channel you are in.
Old 02-12-2024, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

or just use the bazaar.
Old 02-13-2024, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnaak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Discord has filled the role that the bazaar did in Luclin. I guess if rangers want endless quiver, etc., adding Luclin AA's at level 60 could be fun here and allow character advancement past 60, just no moon please. Why isn't the Sleeper flying around the world wrecking random unsuspecting people?
AAs would be cool to implement without the rest of Luclin. Would take some balancing though to make sure people didn't become OP with certain AAs vs Velious level content