Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-12-2023, 11:39 PM
Skeleton

Some of the Temple of Sol legacy armor sets need to be easier. The Paladin set is stupidly difficult for mediocre armor. The Bard set wasn't terribly hard to do, but it took awhile - that's mostly fine, but comparing these two quest sets is like apples and oranges.
Old 04-13-2023, 11:32 AM
Fire Giant

Remove bind sight and logging to the file system from raid zones.
Old 04-13-2023, 12:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remove bind sight and logging to the file system from raid zones.
That would be interesting lol. Although anything you would use bind sight for you could just as easily screenshare if bind sight was disabled. Disabling /log would be interesting. Can you imagine the mental breakdown that would occur if dps parsers/gina were rendered completely unusable? lol. That would be a fun week on the forums.
Old 04-13-2023, 12:07 PM
Fire Giant

Face tracking the mob with screen share isn't the concern. Removing bind sight prevents pre targeting and zero delay pixel detection.
Old 04-13-2023, 02:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Face tracking the mob with screen share isn't the concern. Removing bind sight prevents pre targeting and zero delay pixel detection.
Yeah I mean... I guess? But it ultimately wouldn't change a lot right? If bind sight just didn't exist people would just replace it with screenshare and you'd have a slight delay on pixel detection and lose pretargetting but everyone would (in theory) all be at the same level doing roughly the same thing still. People would still script to eek out 0.02 seconds off the race line. Just using a slightly delayed screenshare rather than bind sight. I've been out of P99 endgame for a bit and mostly get my drama from 3rd parties and forums. Is pretargetting really that helpful? I'd guess it probably depends on the target?
Old 04-13-2023, 02:45 PM
Banned

Like if you can click target or /tar the mob with a macro prior to being in range + LoS. Pretargetting would do absolutely nothing to benefit you in a FTE race right? Would only be useful in cases where you can't get a click on the mob or get in /tar range prior to being in range/los to tag?
Old 04-13-2023, 02:56 PM
Fire Giant

nah
Old 04-13-2023, 03:38 PM
Banned

ok
Old 04-13-2023, 06:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Removing bind sight prevents pre targeting and zero delay pixel detection.
This being the meta is certainly the CLASSIC eq experience I crave.
Old 04-14-2023, 08:19 AM
Sarnak

Rogean should require a mental health evaluation be uploaded to your eqemu account along with government ID so when you get caught RMT'ing it's easier to process for the IRS