Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Skeleton

I'm having the same problem. I followed the directions, 4 times now and the same thing.

Pukes on the file _verquest.exe.

How did you fix the firewall issue?

I installed it no problem on WinXP but this is on Win7. How do I change firewall settings?
Old 01-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Sarnak

Make sure when you are making changes to the files you administrator. Otherwise Windows 7 won't overwrite some of the files. Did it actually save the changes were saved to the word document?
Daire 2011-02-26 18:50:55 Dropped Item [commons] 17969{,10146,2280}
Amapolo 2011-02-26 18:51:29 Picked Up Item [commons] 17969{,10146,2280}
Old 01-25-2011, 03:32 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by japh42 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm having the same problem. I followed the directions, 4 times now and the same thing.

Pukes on the file _verquest.exe.

How did you fix the firewall issue?

I installed it no problem on WinXP but this is on Win7. How do I change firewall settings?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiRo2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shouldn't be using a patcher. Will likely have to re-install and follow the guide on how to bypass the patcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiRo2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EQEmulator: Play Guide
Step 5 - Creating Shortcut
Now, you will need to create a shortcut to launch EverQuest and bypass the EQLive patcher (if this step is not taken, you will launch the patcher and overwrite the EQHost.txt file that you just modified, making you connect to the global EQLive Login Server). To do this, go into your EverQuest directory. Locate the EQGAME.EXE file. Right-click on the file and select "Create Shortcut." You can rename this shortcut and drag it anywhere you'd like (most people like to put it on their desktop). Now, right-click that shortcut and select Properties. In the target box, you will see the path to the eqgame.exe file. We need to edit this so that it will pass an argument to that executable when the shortcut is launched. At the end of the text box (after any parenthases), add "patchme" (no quotes). Your target box should look similar to this:

"C:\Program Files\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme

Or if you do not have spaces in the path, it will look like this without quotes:

C:\Everquest\eqgame.exe patchme
You should not be patching at all.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:05 PM
Skeleton

I turned off my firewall completely (Win7) and tried. Same thing.

This is what I have right now,

Error: Downloading Patcher Files

Error: Could not download to file.

Please rerun EverQuest.exe to try again.

This is what my shortcut says,

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest\EverQuest.exe" patchme

This is my eqhost.txt file, so nothing has been overwritten even after several instances of the patcher opening up.

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

I am on Win7 with EQ Titanium.
(Thinking of going back to the dual core issue (Athlon II X2 P320))
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
4GB Memory

============================================

EDIT:
Fixed it, changed to EQGame.exe. I had avoided that due to reading somewhere to go to EverQuest.exe directly.
Last edited by japh42; 01-25-2011 at 04:23 PM..
Old 01-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Large Rat

Default patching problem

i had the same issue and read and reinstalled 3 times the stupid thing.... go into the everquest folder and find eqgame.exe and make a shortcut by right clicking it and put to desktop then change the path by adding patchme after what already there. then it works.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]