Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 01-26-2022, 12:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well mine was an actual example (amounts were wrong I was trying to go from memory), I’ll attach the receipt, and fairly sure yours is made up. If we’re going to just make stuff up, why not say that during the surgery the doctor put in a horse’s heart instead of a person’s for the heart transplant. That would sound hella-bad, right?

Not that there aren’t procedures that could actually run $250k, but it sounds like exaggeration just for the sake of hyperbole. So like I said, if you gonna just make stuff up, go for the gold and say the patient died too due to malpractice

And yea, like I said I’d love for everyone not just the poor to get free health insurance. After all, health insurance is a human right. Oh wait it’s actually not. Regardless, I’d still like for them to get it, but the cost would be in the trillions, and I just don’t see how our government could make that work. However, I greatly respect people like you who donate every extra penny you make to those who don’t have the means to care for themselves
Hey friend! Not made up! I actually had heart surgery! It was a genetic condition! One day my heart started pumping about 40% of my blood backwards due to a faulty valve, due to the lower blood flow through my body my heart started to beat exceptionally hard in an attempt to get it going!

I appreciate your sympathy though, that $3k procedure sounded serious and life threatening too! I bet the tubes that went around your lungs to drain the fluid around your heart made it excruciatingly painful like it did for me!

Luckily for me it was only a 7 hour surgery to shave down the valve, re-tie the tissue so that it opened and closed properly, and apply the brace to reinforce the valve! The most fun part was when I coughed too hard and opened the hole in my chest where one of the tubes was inserted while I was on powerful blood thinners and was bleeding a whole lot!

Haha! Fortunately for you, if you ever had anything serious done in your life, you'd know that you don't get a single bill! You get close to 100 distinct bills for small things you have to pay for incrementally! Did I mention that even after my 7500 deductible I still ended up paying for my medication even though that should've been free after that and despite reaching out to them dozens of times they just ghosted me until I got new insurance anyways? Fun!

It sounds like you're solidly middle class and don't really have to worry about anything! Keep on pushing government programs, thanks!
Old 01-26-2022, 12:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey friend! Not made up! I actually had heart surgery! It was a genetic condition! One day my heart started pumping about 40% of my blood backwards due to a faulty valve, due to the lower blood flow through my body my heart started to beat exceptionally hard in an attempt to get it going!

I appreciate your sympathy though, that $3k procedure sounded serious and life threatening too! I bet the tubes that went around your lungs to drain the fluid around your heart made it excruciatingly painful like it did for me!

Luckily for me it was only a 7 hour surgery to shave down the valve, re-tie the tissue so that it opened and closed properly, and apply the brace to reinforce the valve! The most fun part was when I coughed too hard and opened the hole in my chest where one of the tubes was inserted while I was on powerful blood thinners and was bleeding a whole lot!

Haha! Fortunately for you, if you ever had anything serious done in your life, you'd know that you don't get a single bill! You get close to 100 distinct bills for small things you have to pay for incrementally! Did I mention that even after my 7500 deductible I still ended up paying for my medication even though that should've been free after that and despite reaching out to them dozens of times they just ghosted me until I got new insurance anyways? Fun!

It sounds like you're solidly middle class and don't really have to worry about anything! Keep on pushing government programs, thanks!
Wow, that does sound bad, even worse they kept you conscious through heart surgery so you had to feel everything. Yikes

Yeah man, heart surgery could indeed be a $250k bill. Sucks your plan had such a high deductible. So insurance covered hundreds of thousands of dollars though? Nice, hell yea

And it is also nice that you have some choices on insurance plans, I guess you learned to look for a good one? I’ve also had co-workers who have left jobs for less pay but better benefits. That’s our responsibility as adults, because once again, health insurance is not a human right

I am lucky I haven’t had such a life threatening event. I am confident I would do my best to survive as you did. I don’t invite life’s challenges on myself, but I don’t back down from them either

And yes, I am middle class. What government program was I pushing again?
Old 01-26-2022, 12:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, that does sound bad, even worse they kept you conscious through heart surgery so you had to feel everything. Yikes

Yeah man, heart surgery could indeed be a $250k bill. Sucks your plan had such a high deductible. So insurance covered hundreds of thousands of dollars though? Nice, hell yea

And it is also nice that you have some choices on insurance plans, I guess you learned to look for a good one? I’ve also had co-workers who have left jobs for less pay but better benefits. That’s our responsibility as adults, because once again, health insurance is not a human right

I am lucky I haven’t had such a life threatening event. I am confident I would do my best to survive as you did. I don’t invite life’s challenges on myself, but I don’t back down from them either

And yes, I am middle class. What government program was I pushing again?
Haha right on friend! We did have decent health insurance plans before the surgery! But by actually utilizing the insurance we were then immediately priced out and they pursued us legally to get us to pay for the surgery instead of them--truly world class!

At no point in our careers did we normalize the idea that paying for insurance and then having to actually use that insurance would actually be a punishment! Ha ha!

If only there was another way friend, but there's not ha ha! This is exactly how things need to be! I choose to believe that no doctors or nurses anywhere else in the world are qualified to do anything at all! Fortunately for us friend, only America has the best doctors and nurses--obviously I don't trust them though, they're medical professionals after all only out to make a quick buck, but we still have the best! My heart surgeon was actually German! Ha ha!
Old 01-26-2022, 01:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha right on friend! We did have decent health insurance plans before the surgery! But by actually utilizing the insurance we were then immediately priced out and they pursued us legally to get us to pay for the surgery instead of them--truly world class!

At no point in our careers did we normalize the idea that paying for insurance and then having to actually use that insurance would actually be a punishment! Ha ha!
You know what you can do to save some money next time? Fly down to Mexico and have them operate on you? Hell of a lot cheaper and like you said, American doctors are shit

I mean, they knew how to cut open your chest cavity and fix your busted heart. Your procedure cost as much as a house, and your insurance fought you on it and dropped you afterwards? Shocker

Quote:
If only there was another way friend
Mexico hospital

Quote:
but there's not ha ha!
People who don’t have open heart surgery aren’t going to have their insurance fight them and try to drop them. FYI

I honestly feel sorry for you, it’s hard through all the sarcasm and exclamation points. But I truly do. You picked the wrong parents, so to speak (and this is a joke obviously). And you personally got the short end of the stick

Your experience is also, luckily, extremely rare. But once again, props for pulling through

Edit: I’ll offer up a positive health insurance anecdote to bring up the mood. My stepdad last month fell 5 feet onto his side, breaking his collarbone and 4 ribs, requiring surgery

He had already met his deductible for the year. This procedure was added to the tens of thousands of dollars his insurance has spent on treatment for his heart issues as well. With those and this most recent surgery, his deductible was already met so he paid nothing. His insurance (through his work) didn’t fight him, and didn’t try to drop him after
Last edited by unsunghero; 01-26-2022 at 01:30 AM..
Old 01-26-2022, 02:52 AM
Planar Protector

The next Covid variant will be more contagious than omicron, but the question is whether it will be more deadly, WHO says
Old 01-26-2022, 07:33 AM
Banned

@unshunghero health insurancce in america sux and the VA is the worst of the worst of the worst even if ur a triple times combat wounded veteran it's only barely adequate

don't point at your anecodotal ortho bill for 1k and be like 'yay' also don't u live in cali or OR or some gay stay with double down insurance antifraud laws? or something really lame?

anyway go move to missisipi, get something terminal or life threatening then tell me how the ride on out to hospice is so fun and cheap

suicides are at an all time high my pals
Old 01-26-2022, 08:03 AM
Fire Giant

So many Americans are one bad day from total financial and mental ruin due to the health insurance system, and most don't even realize it.
Old 01-26-2022, 09:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P L A N N E D

100% political virus. People like kich keep covid in business with their gmo synapses
Old 01-26-2022, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

I’m praying for you guys right now.

Your lives have value, and your health is worth investment so you can continue to add value

it’s darkest before the dawn - the storm can’t last forever.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-26-2022, 10:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rmsh1fter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P L A N N E D

100% political virus. People like kich keep covid in business with their gmo synapses
Thanks friend, my synapses have been firing on all cylinders! I wake up every morning by tying my bootstraps up around my head so each step requires being pulled up by them! My lower back is like a steel trap!

I feel like maybe we got off track though friend, this thread is about vaccine injury! A serious epidemic in America felt by literally dozens of people! Fortunately for us, the HRSA is here to help, and by providing basically any evidence whatsoever that you've been injured by a vaccine, the median payout is over $770,000!

I've put more thought into it friend! The only reason people aren't petitioning the HRSA for their payouts is because they prefer the government keeps that money! That's altruistic! I never realized how much support government programs have! Good on you!

Have a stellar day and keep on truckin'!