Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 03-06-2023, 03:36 PM
Orc

I’m having a hard time reading to the end due to the overwhelming amount of misinformation for advice.

People say go all STR, all DEX, STA, CHA….

All strength is ridiculous. However, it’s not the worst decision.

STA…. 100HP at 60…. During swarming, you may as well have 1 HP. You get hit you’re going to die. So you should prioritize how you are going to keep yourself from dying in the first place. (If you’re grouping or raiding and you’re getting hit so much that you’re dying, you need to rethink your class selection, your group choice, how you’re playing the role, etc because more often than not, you need more of something else and STA wasn’t it!)

You have DEX and CHA. These 2 stats are going to be the core of a bard, depending on what role you want to play in the game.

If you want to swarm and solo only, go DEX. You’re going to die more times from a string of missed notes than you will for not having 100 hp or 25 stength. CHA also doesn’t matter while solo.

If you want to never solo or swarm, always in a group ans then raid? You can just dump everything in CHA so you can help yourself from lower chance from critical resists on lull. But at the end of the day, once again, missed notes are the source of your problem in most situations.

Moral of the story… do what you want. If you’re wanting to min/max then dump everything into DEX as it is the only stat that is relevant across the board.
Old 03-07-2023, 12:39 AM
Sarnak

Stamina for all classes if you want to raid
everything else it literally does not matter. if you are casual and will burnout/reroll in your 40s/50s/another game then just whatever.

On green I put my starting points in my druid into wisdom. that 250~ mana at 57 isnt even a group port.
on blue i 255'd a half elf druid with 75 starting wis in raid gear.

stamina, simple.
Old 04-12-2023, 04:51 PM
Aviak

Considering the number of times I've salvaged a trainout or survived with 1% HP, I say STA all the way. My first (main) bard is a mix of DEX and STR (LOL). Second bard is CHA all the way (Also LOL). I'll get it right on my third bard and will go STA all the way. live and learn!
Old 04-12-2023, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

For a Half Elf my pick would be 5 STA, 5 DEX, 15 CHA.

Gives you an even 100 in DEX and CHA, with the average 75 in STA.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 04-12-2023 at 06:09 PM..
Old 04-12-2023, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For a Half Elf my pick would be 5 STA, 5 DEX, 15 CHA.

Gives you an even 100 in DEX and CHA, with the average 75 in STA.
Nah the answer is still sta
Old 04-12-2023, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah the answer is still sta
For min/max yeah, probably. But I'd prefer not to fizzle or worry about charms breaking early on.

Kinda similar to Ogre Warrior, Sta should be the min/max here too but everyone seems to go Dex.
Old 04-12-2023, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For min/max yeah, probably. But I'd prefer not to fizzle or worry about charms breaking early on.

Kinda similar to Ogre Warrior, Sta should be the min/max here too but everyone seems to go Dex.
Cause ogre has an asston of sta. Bit different situation, no sta.wouldnt be the choice there
Old 04-12-2023, 09:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cause ogre has an asston of sta. Bit different situation, no sta.wouldnt be the choice there
Yeah I was just playing around with magelo for a cha bard. 255 unbuffed sta is possible with full BiS if you're mindful that the 100hp pieces you pick also have good sta, but it's pretty insane to get there. 205 seems plausible though.
Old 04-12-2023, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Bard charms almost never break early. And as you all know, max duration is 18 seconds.

Charisma usually doesn't come into play when you're lulling blue or green mobs (because the game checks level and MR to determine resist; only if resist does it check charisma to determine whether it's a critical resist). Charisma is also easy to gear for (and you can keep a Crude Stein and other pieces in your bag for certain situations).

And like others have said, if you miss a note, you just push the song button again.

So yeah, the bard toolkit doesn't really depend on any stats, so I think you might as well just get some HP out of the deal.
Old 04-13-2023, 01:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charisma is also easy to gear for (and you can keep a Crude Stein and other pieces in your bag for certain situations).
Don't forget you get a CHA song too if you're planning on doing some dangerous lulling, base is +45 cha.