Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 01-20-2023, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some velious dev must have had a serious hard on for monks to give them 60 ac pants when their mitigation was already broke af in kunark.
Yes, this was in fact the case. The people in charge of class design/balance were NOT remotely impartial and very much played favorites. This is now well-known.
Old 01-21-2023, 06:08 PM
Aviak

Lol, sure fbsl was an amazing item but there was also a pretty low ceiling for ac back then that was reachable for all classes with high ac all/all gear. Sure, monk had better avoidance then other classes but monks got beaten hard with the nerfbat in the luclin melee revamp...
1 in 30+ ac return post softcap and low ac itemisation from pop to oow (when soe finally made ac mean something to monks again, still low ac itemisation though).
At least they were humourus about it and added the nerfbat from vulak, not really a coincidence that it’s tagged with mnk/nec heh
Old 01-21-2023, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaqua [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, sure fbsl was an amazing item but there was also a pretty low ceiling for ac back then that was reachable for all classes with high ac all/all gear. Sure, monk had better avoidance then other classes but monks got beaten hard with the nerfbat in the luclin melee revamp...
1 in 30+ ac return post softcap and low ac itemisation from pop to oow (when soe finally made ac mean something to monks again, still low ac itemisation though).
At least they were humourus about it and added the nerfbat from vulak, not really a coincidence that it’s tagged with mnk/nec heh
Not really sure what you said there. But broke ass kunark monks didn’t need a 60 ac leg item in velious. Not to mention how disgustingly good the tstaff is for being a trash drop.
Old 02-22-2023, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

IMO unless you are getting complete healed, then AC over HP (within reason).

As for weight, once you are 50+ prioritize getting a Large Soiled Bag and at least a couple tinkerers bags. Until then, just avoid looting anything that has weight unless there is a vendor nearby.

Unless it's resist gear, it really isn't worth equipping anything heavy, except your weapon and a fungi. For example: 10 tink bags, tstaff, and a fungi is already 20 stones.
Old 02-22-2023, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

less weight moar good
Old 02-22-2023, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

I've leveled from 10-46 so far in the past 2-3 months. If you have a Fungi, Seahorse Belt, and IFS, the AC penalty doesn't seem to matter. That's my setup right now, with black pantherskin filling the other slots mostly. I am doing just fine at 40 or 50 stones (I just loot everything). I can go down to 16 stones if I want, but I don't really notice the difference between 16 stones and 50 stones. Might matter more 50+, will let you guys know. This is all soloing.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-22-2023 at 05:21 PM..
Old 02-22-2023, 05:30 PM
Banned

From what I remember, it matters most levels 50+.

I remember testing it on my Monk, going 1 stone over weight and I lost like 90 AC.

That's huge.

But keep in mind - the AC indicator on the inventory is bugged and not exactly accurate.